Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

More reasons Catholics are a pestilence

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    any sin is. If you repent and admit your sin, then you can be forgiven and allowed to heaven. Just "being" gay doesnt damn you to hell, as long as you recognize that having sex with someone the same sex as yourself is a sin and that you dont do it, and if you do do it you pray for forgivness, then your ok... same goes for ANY sin, even one as small as lying, or swearing. Basically as long as you recognize what you are doing is wrong, and you ask for forgivness, and you really try hard to do your best and stop, then you can (as long as you believe that God exists and Jesus died for our salvation as well) can be accepted to heaven. If there was no forgivness, then ALL people including Christians would go to Hell.
    All sin is really the same. The thing about gay sex is that if you are gay, you are to remain abstinante. Which i know many people think is unfair, but the religious purpose of sex is to reproduce, not for recreation. Therefore you shouldnt really be having sex if you cant reproduce--- at leasts thats the way i see it.
    Please stop with your religious babble. I've heard this point soooo many damn times it makes me sick. I talk to evangelicals on a weekly basis MC, there is no need for you to throw this biblical garbage at me like I don't understand it.

Now, without reverting to your bible, please tell me why you think that being gay should be punishable by hell. I'm tired of this "all sins are the same blah blah blah", I want to know why YOU personally believe that it's justified to send a man to hell because he has consensual private sex with another man that he likes. Don't tell me about repenting, I want to know why you personally believe it's wrong, other than "because the bible tell me so".
    alright, i think its wrong because you can't concieve a child.
    So crusades, straight people only have sex when trying to conceive a child, correct? Any thing else is for recreation and is a sin?
    i suppose... technically the purpose of sex is to reproduce, but the bible says that sex within marriage is ok.
    So, its ok for straight married people to have recreational sex, but not gay people? Not all married people have kids. So is sex a sin if you don't ever have a child?

And why is the fact that gay people can't reproduce so important? There are thousands of orphans and kids who can use homes. The world is overpopulated as it is.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

Not all married people have kids. So is sex a sin if you don't ever have a child?
    This. Is it still a sin if I get my uterus taken out and still have sex? I'm honestly curious.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    remember kids, bj's dont count :-bd
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    absolute certainty?
    I actually should have been more clear. I never assume absolute certainty. When I say "I know" I mean to know to highest possible amount given the available evidence. Sorry about that, you're right though, you can't know anything 100%.

I was more asking as to why you believe that over other differing beliefs. What proof to they give towards that claim as opposed to others? You don't have to answer that as it's not a simple question, I'm just clearing myself up.
    oh ok. well, i guess i need to give you a little background to help you understand my answer. i was raised in as a roman catholic. baptized at birth and everything. but before everyone assumes "im brainwashed by my parents", thats not true. granted if i wasn't raised by them who knows what i would believe. but that doesn't just apply to religion. im sure most people have some sort of imprint left on them from their parents. i think everyone knows what i mean. for example: a lot of skinheads raise their kids to be racist and a lot of them follow suit. my whole childhood i believed in god and jesus but didnt really understand it. i didnt like going to church though cause i thought it was boring. i never really thought about religion much up until i was about 18. when i was 18 i went through a lot stuff and my religion helped me through it. a lot of things my religion teaches started making sense to me after that. it was aweful what happened to say the least but i dont regret any of it cause of everything i've learned from it and im sooo much happier now. happier then i've ever been in my entire life tbh. and given that all that has happened to me i would be lying to msyelf if i didnt believe. and i just wanna make it clear that with some things my religion teaches i dont automatically believe it just because thats what im told. especially if its something i dont understand. if i wanna know bad enough i'll do research on it if not then i'll just let it be and sort of classify it in my brain as "i dont know" lol but i usually wont jump to any conclusions without understanding it first.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    So crusades, straight people only have sex when trying to conceive a child, correct? Any thing else is for recreation and is a sin?
    also don't wear two opposing types of fabric or you can be put to death.....
    thats another ancient jewish rule that was revoked with Christ, like the Shellfish
    right. the 'laws' have been amended throughout history to adapt with the times...xtians always cut and paste here and there with the good book in order to wiggle out of contradictory language....certain times the old "it's a metaphor" argument works, but then these biblethumpers insist on "the WORD of god is to be followed"......I don't fault anyone for believing in whatever they want, I just refuse to take that crap seriously.....in history, religion was used as the Ultimate Law to keep people in line, and for government control, i.e. the church of england, which made you go through them to receive the word of god.....
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    god>big bang theory
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    my parents stopped believing in god after my sister died
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    sex in general is a sin... masturbation is too i believe. i believe is is part of lust.

i dont really know why its considered a sin, but it is.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    im in big trouble then...
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    and i just want to clarify, I am not a master of religion. im a 17 year old, who just in the last couple years started taking religion more seriously. i havent even read through the entire bible yet. I'm just explaining what I understand, and believe to be true. As i continue find out more, what i say may be wrong.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    im in the clear...
    my parents stopped believing in god after my sister died
    most xtians would say they didn't pray hard enough....god followers are ALL sadists: they feel we must suffer and be humble so we will appreciate and grovel in the event something positive happens in our life.....

I hope no one said to your folks "it's god's will" or MY FAVORITE "the lord works in mysterious ways"
    and i just want to clarify, I am not a master of religion. im a 17 year old, who just in the last couple years started taking religion more seriously. i havent even read through the entire bible yet. I'm just explaining what I understand, and believe to be true. As i continue find out more, what i say may be wrong.
    wake up and leave whatever church you go to....solid advice
    let me help you out and save you alot of time, your wrong

meh, i dont feel like I am, but w/e.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    sex in general is a sin... masturbation is too i believe. i believe is is part of lust.

i dont really know why its considered a sin, but it is.
    But what is lust? It's when you get horny. People are animals. We have animal urges, and sex and masturbation is one of them. It is completely natural.

You don't even know why it's even a sin in the first place. You are being brainwashed by the people who claim to care about you, and it is extremely unhealthy to be so sex negative and believe sex is only for procreation. I know that they are doing this unintentionally because that was how they were raised, and so were you and think that this view is healthy and makes your life better. But it's not. There is nothing shameful about the human body and what it does.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    @Skully I had asked if you feel that it's right for someone who's gay to be sent to hell (I had assumed that you'd realize I only meant for the fact that they're gay) and the answer you gave was that you didn't know whether or not they'd be sent. I don't care if you think they are going or not, I wanted to know if you felt that it would be right or wrong for them to be sent to hell for being gay.
    i dont think gay people are neccessarily going to hell. not just for being gay anyway.
    does that not explain what i think? this is the third time im saying this...if someone is a good person, does good things, who happens to be gay then NO, i DON'T think they will go to hell.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    seriously, your body str8 up ejaculates on itself if you dont do it....your fighting your own body lol