Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

More reasons Catholics are a pestilence

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    ITT

Jake never read The Crucible
    image Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Salem witch trials that turned out to be nothing more than tainted grain
    that's all I have to say
    McCarthyism, and current prejudice towards "terrorists" is the same crap
    Hundreds of people were either tortured or killed during the salem witch trails. Not the same crap. Nice try though.
    i think it was actually like 17 but hundreds was close tho.....
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Itt: chuck wearing an ass as a hat
    Salem witch trials that turned out to be nothing more than tainted grain
    that's all I have to say
    McCarthyism, and current prejudice towards "terrorists" is the same crap
    Hundreds of people were either tortured or killed during the salem witch trails. Not the same crap. Nice try though.
    i think it was actually like 17 but hundreds was close tho.....
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i think most haterid towards religion comes from misunderstandings and or people passing around false information. and its a shame cause not only does that drive people away but it also subjects religion to constant ridicule.
    so the Crusades are misinformation? millions being slaughtered in the name of God is false? How about the purging of the pagans?
    first of all, you took what i said out of context. second, if people believe they have to slaughter millions of people for god then they are misinformed. third, im not going to deny that the church has made its mistakes in the past but i dont think that should be held against religion. that'd be like still being angry at white people because of slavery.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    everytime someone tells me being gay is a unforgivable sin i ask them if they eat shellfish. when they say yes i tell them that they are going to burn in hell cuz the old testament says that easting shellfish is a sin on the same level as homosexuality. they get pissed off, shut up, and walk away
    no sin is unforgivable. thats something roman catholicism teaches. roman catholicism teaches endless forgiveness.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    i explained the food restriction thing before...
    I'm not going to make the same point as Shane here so disregard his post when responding to this one.

Do you believe that being gay is a sin that is rightfully justified by banishment to hell when one dies?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    everytime someone tells me being gay is a unforgivable sin i ask them if they eat shellfish. when they say yes i tell them that they are going to burn in hell cuz the old testament says that easting shellfish is a sin on the same level as homosexuality. they get pissed off, shut up, and walk away
    no sin is unforgivable. thats something roman catholicism teaches. roman catholicism teaches endless forgiveness.
    unforgivable CURSES on the other hand...

imageimage
    How do you know that they're right?
    I'm not going to make the same point as Shane here so disregard his post when responding to this one.

Do you believe that being gay is a sin that is rightfully justified by banishment to hell when one dies?
    i dont think gay people are neccessarily going to hell. not just for being gay anyway.

i dont think gay people are neccessarily going to hell. not just for being gay anyway.
    It's a yes or no question. I want to know what you think, not your god.
    How do you know that they're right?
    absolute certainty? i can't be 100% certain that is true because i have no proof but i believe it 100%. might be a hard to figure out what i mean but i think you get the idea. theres a lot of things that my religion teaches that i can't be 100% certain about because again, i have no physical proof but i do believe a lot of the things my religion teaches.
    absolute certainty?
    I actually should have been more clear. I never assume absolute certainty. When I say "I know" I mean to know to highest possible amount given the available evidence. Sorry about that, you're right though, you can't know anything 100%.

I was more asking as to why you believe that over other differing beliefs. What proof to they give towards that claim as opposed to others? You don't have to answer that as it's not a simple question, I'm just clearing myself up.

It's a yes or no question. I want to know what you think, not your god.
    i just told you what I think. if they are a good person and does good things who happens to be gay then i think they will go to heaven. but if they're some psycho satanic killer that slaughtered a shit load of people, only does wrong things, and makes a point to deny god or any good whatsoever then that might be a different story. but i can't tell you with absolute certainty who's going to heaven because i just dont know. i couldn't even tell you if I'M going to heaven or not but i believe i am.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    the fact that no one knows anything with 100 percent certainty is why agnostic >>>> atheist

just be humble and admit you have no idea about anything supeernatural cuz there is so much shit that humans have no idea about yet..its just cocky as fuck to think you know the answers
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    but what if youre a good person who happens to deny god?
    imageimage
    edited December 2011
    @Skully I had asked if you feel that it's right for someone who's gay to be sent to hell (I had assumed that you'd realize I only meant for the fact that they're gay) and the answer you gave was that you didn't know whether or not they'd be sent. I don't care if you think they are going or not, I wanted to know if you felt that it would be right or wrong for them to be sent to hell for being gay.
    the fact that no one knows anything with 100 percent certainty is why agnostic >>>> atheist

just be humble and admit you have no idea about anything supeernatural cuz there is so much shit that humans have no idea about yet..its just cocky as fuck to think you know the answers
    Atheist's don't make claims. I just don't believe in any gods, and if asked, I'd say that there most likely isn't one. That's what an atheist is, what is your definition of one?
    I believe in the flying spaghetti monster