Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Fitness Thread*

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Whenever I go to my boy Zip's house (Fellow Rapper.) and I'm gonna be there a while, I bring my necessary foods for my next couple meals, no fucks given. It earned me the nickname Insanity by him doe, and anytime I go over there, he's like "So, what's on the menu for you today?". Lol.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    yesterday made gains in dumbbell benching and decline benching after not doing chest for a week. rst sometimes really is the best thing you can do. felt great and feel swole as hell.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    It's amazing how much difference a couple of rest days can make in your lifts.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I'm thinking about getting some kettle bells.... Anybody here ever fuck with them?
    So, I've kept up my diet, but stopped working out after I hit a month of working out, I managed to lose 20 of the 30 pounds I was shooting for (I was 230, I'm now 210.) Anyways, I'm gonna get back into working out, but 2 questions:

Can I start again while my tattoo is still healing?

And, after doing weight training, if my arms buff up, will it break my tattoo apart or distort it?
    Hit a month and stopped.
    Started again after this thread.
    All your gains are mine.
    Deal with it.
    jobe is god ^:)^
    Bring forth thy sacrificial virgins.
    Well, it must time to dust this fucker off lol. I'm neither a nigga, nor running shit. I just wanna workout.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jobe said:

Well, it must time to dust this fucker off lol. I'm neither a nigga, nor running shit. I just wanna workout.

You seriously ain't gonna post in there anymore 'cause of a name change? :-|
    B-)
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    15 minutes on eliptical, got heart rate to 180 within first five minutes, held it until the twelve minute mark, then cooled down to 130 by the fifteen minute mark.
    --------------
    6X10 Chest press 65 lbs
    6X10 Shrugs 65 lbs
    --------------
    2X10/4X8 Bicep curls 35/40 lbs
    6X8 Tricep extensions 25 lbs
    6X8 Side delt lifts 20 lbs
    --------------
    6X7 Chest fly 55 lbs
    6X8 Rear delt lift 20 lbs
    6X7 Front delt lifts 20 lbs
    --------------
    6X8 Bent over row 55 lbs
    6X9 Shoulder press 40 lbs
    6X6 Scanner 20 lbs
    --------------
    6X6 Zatterman curls 20 lbs
    6X5 Wheel turn 20 lbs
    6X12 Wrist spins 20 lbs
    --------------
    6X8 Hammer curls 25 lbs
    6X8 Bent over tricep extensions 25 lbs
    6X5 Shrugs 55 lbs

My last upper body day. All free weights.
    Oh shit son, Maggie gettin his swole on. Kick ass dude, what program are you doing?
    I do the old school "Lift heavy things" routine haha. I do endurance training for six-eight weeks, then strength training for six-eight weeks. I have about four more weeks of endurance training. Besides lifting weights, I do some yoga daily, and Judo once a week.
    Judo is a lot of fun. I wish I had some places near my house that would offer some levity classes. The only thing by where I live is Tae Kwan Doe classes. Fuck breaking boards, I wanna take jj and choke some bitches.
    Ya, Judo is great. My only gripe is that this semester, there's only five advanced students, as compared to the thirty beginners.... So we end up just working on basics with the beginners during class. But after class, we get to spar, so it's still fun. I really want to learn Jiu-Jitsu, because I don't have any technique whatsoever on the ground.

Striking classes are boring to me. It just takes too long to get to the advanced stuff.... And katas are dull, nobody will ever atack me in that exact pattern, so why memorize it?
    I can definitely feel how much stiffer my body has gotten without doing the yoga x anymore. I felt way better when doing it, so Im going to try and work it in on rest day.
    Ya, yoga is definitely highly underestimated. I can't even imagine not doing at least some basic yoga after a workout. Helps with recovery, and improves range of motion. Plus, it lets me show off my ripply muscles to all the girls in the gym without looking like a douche ;)
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    naw you still look like a douche
    So it turns out that there is a Gracie Jiu Jitsu Academy just a few miles from my work, and they have classes that I can fit in my schedule \:D/

After hockey season is done :((
    Nice. Is it run by a Gracie, or one of their many black belts?