Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bin Laden Dead!!!! America, Fuck Yeah!!!

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    believe it or not, i actually learn a lot from watching TV, you just have to watch the right shows.
    history international, discovery, history channel, and animal planet is where its at :-bd
    all day errday
    i dont have history international, but discovery and history channel are awesome. and i actually learn stuff from fictional shows too. some of the specials on discovery and history are amazing. i actually have the 'Haunted History' box set. history has sooo many great shows too... gangland, pawn stars, american pickers, american restorations, monsterquest, mysteryquest, etc. and of course discovery has mythbusters
    haunted history is kinda cheesy to me so i just pass on that when its on
    i like watching mythology/religion shows on HI and HC when theyre on
    its just fascinating to me
    actually, the Haunted History collection has other stuff besides just haunted houses and stuff. some of the DVD's you might like are: the one about voodoo, witches (i may be wrong but i think it tells some things about the salem witch trials), and im not entirely sure but i think theres one about halloween and how the whole holiday got started. i actually saw that one on TV and it was pretty interesting how halloween got started.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    maybe i'm crazy but i prefer a stronger central government than states rights
    As do I.
    without a strong central gov, what is stopping a state from ass fucking your rights? not that the feds don't do that but at least when they do it they do it to everyone
    same shit different day <_>
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    o hai!
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Since we both agree on the intent of the founding fathers, do you think our country would be better off had presidents like Lincoln and FDR not taken the countries in such a radically different direction? I understand that your answer is merely speculation because we can never really know 'what could have been', but is your opinion we would be better off today without Lincoln's actions?
    I definitely would support a more states rights oriented government, however that doesn't mean I would have passed up Lincoln's presidency. I agree that his legacy is looked at with a little bit of a nostalgic gleam, but I think his administration achieved something fantastic. They ended slavery in America. It might not have been Lincoln himself or necessarily as simple as the civil war, but I think arguably the biggest civil rights step in American history. I would definitely preferred if Lincoln shied away from a strong central government, however.
    I am absolutely a proponent of equal rights regardless of race, or gender... I do however believe that even if the South had succeeded from the union, slavery would have ended in roughly the same time-frame. Slavery was a very controversial issue back then, and our society was not about to allow the hypocritical nature of slavery to continue.

Saying you wish Lincoln would have shied away from a strong central gov is like saying you wish Lincoln wasnt Lincoln. That is undeniably his biggest driving factor.

I agree slavery should have ended... but not at the price of our state rights, and the price of our liberty.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

im sure with some majors and stuff things can get tricky but when i moved up to my university literally every credit transfered 60/60 successfully
    Lucky! and Awesome! What was your major? You still arent in school are you?
    i was a history major at UMASS.. went there two years and i stopped trying my senior year and flunked out. i seriously hated it and couldnt stand one more day of it. i hated every assignment, every teacher, every class..they all sucked. i like CC way better, the teachers there actually cared about you. didnt like the college life either. college kids are some of the most annoying pieces of shit on this earth, they all think there total badasses now that there all on there own and in college. hopefully i can make it through life without ever going back but in like 6 years if im still making no money i guess ill have to finish...
    As do I.
    yuck.
    this thread is making me lol. a civil discussion and an E-fight going simultaneously
    think how I feel... I keep having to change gears from talking about something stimulating, to reverting to yo momma jokes for those two.
    As do I.
    i prefer anarchy

im sure with some majors and stuff things can get tricky but when i moved up to my university literally every credit transfered 60/60 successfully
    i was a history major at UMASS.. went there two years and i stopped trying my senior year and flunked out. i seriously hated it and couldnt stand one more day of it. i hated every assignment, every teacher, every class..they all sucked. i like CC way better, the teachers there actually cared about you. didnt like the college life either. college kids are some of the most annoying pieces of shit on this earth, they all think there total badasses now that there all on there own and in college. hopefully i can make it through life without ever going back but in like 6 years if im still making no money i guess ill have to finish...
    :-)) and here we are having a history debate... :-)) I can't help but think you are probably biting your tongue to rip into me on some of things I have said. I am for sure no history major. Don't even really like the topic in general.

When did you drop out?
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    As do I.
    i prefer anarchy
    ANARCHY IS DANGEROUS
    As do I.
    i prefer anarchy
    ANARCHY IS DANGEROUS
    which is another reason why i like it :-D

:-)) and here we are having a history debate... :-)) I can't help but think you are probably biting your tongue to rip into me on some of things I have said. I am for sure no history major. Don't even really like the topic in general.

When did you drop out?
    nah not biting my tongue, i honestly would rather talk histroy to you then some phD faggot teacher pushing there liberal bullshit down my throat lol. and i stopped going last year

WHAT KIND OF HISTORY WHERE YOU LEARNING?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    KILL PEOPLE.
    BURN SHIT.
    FUCK SCHOOL.

I'M FUCKING RADICAL NIGGUH, I'M FUCKING RADICAL.

WOLF GANG.
    edited May 2011
    i prefer anarchy
    ANARCHY IS DANGEROUS
    Not really. I am a big proponent of social anarchy. If you think you like Anarchy, or think that it could never exist... You should read a incredible FICTION book called "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Heinlein. I fucking LOVE that book. It is a quick read.... seriously, check it out. Especially you SkullAndCrossbones.

all kinds, i tried to take mostly US histroy because that is what i liked but the dumbass school forces you to be well rounded and i had to take like poland 1750 - 1890 and shit. sucked so freakin bad
    As do I.
    i prefer anarchy
    ANARCHY IS DANGEROUS
    which is another reason why i like it :-D
    I LIKE THE IDEA BEHIND COMMUNISM BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT JUST DON'T WORK :-(

AMERICA'S CAPITALISM IS PRETTY BAD ASS \m/
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    without a strong central gov, what is stopping a state from ass fucking your rights? not that the feds don't do that but at least when they do it they do it to everyone
    It's not as if it's one or the other. I believe that the federal government steps over boundaries that need to be defined at the state level. With that said, there are definitely situations where the federal government is necessary.
    I agree slavery should have ended... but not at the price of our state rights, and the price of our liberty.
    I disagree. I am 100% willing to live under the government that Lincoln idealized with equality for all over a states rights oriented government where a minority is oppressed in the same way they were then.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page

all kinds, i tried to take mostly US histroy because that is what i liked but the dumbass school forces you to be well rounded and i had to take like poland 1750 - 1890 and shit. sucked so freakin bad
    WHERE ARE FOUNDING FATHERS RADICAL FORWARD THINKING BAD ASSES OR DOSH BAGS?