Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bin Laden Dead!!!! America, Fuck Yeah!!!

Comments

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    i prefer anarchy
    ANARCHY IS DANGEROUS
    Not really. I am a big proponent of social anarchy. If you think you like Anarchy, or think that it could never exist... You should read a incredible FICTION book called "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Heinlein. I fucking LOVE that book. It is a quick read.... seriously, check it out. Especially you SkullAndCrossbones.
    but i hate to read :-< is there a movie of it? :-))
    I wish :( they started making one...

I wish they had made this movie instead of that stupid starship troopers. :(
    I LIKE STARSHIP TROOPERS ITS LIKE A COMEDY WITH VIOLENCE AND TITTIES
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    though i find alot of stuff in school somewhat interesting, im a full believer that you shouldnt put yourself threw to much suffering in life if you dont have too. i like to keep my life as easy and simple as possible cuz you only live once. like me writing a 25 pg paper that kills me for a week is a waste of that week on earth, i could have been doing something that i at least enjoyed

how can one know enjoyment without suffering?
    very deep gulchie but lets put it this way

in 60 years i will prob be dead, do i really need to know in depth what happened 3000 years ago?? not really
    wouldnt it be smarter to instead on the day i would be studying for 5 hours in a room all depressed and full of anxiety to rather have just smoked some grass, chilled by my pool, listen to music, eat good food, have a couple beers and be fully at peace??
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

It was an alright movie.... but as far as stories and plots go, "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" is probably Heinlein greatest works. The story is awesome. One of my all time favorite books without a doubt.

and yes I Will'd. not reading 5 pages worth of e-fight.
    Wine and I were having a good discussion about state rights and civil rights in-between the e-fight.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    though i find alot of stuff in school somewhat interesting, im a full believer that you shouldnt put yourself threw to much suffering in life if you dont have too. i like to keep my life as easy and simple as possible cuz you only live once. like me writing a 25 pg paper that kills me for a week is a waste of that week on earth, i could have been doing something that i at least enjoyed

in 60 years i will prob be dead, do i really need to know in depth what happened 3000 years ago?? not really
    wouldnt it be smarter to instead on the day i would be studying for 5 hours in a room all depressed and full of anxiety to rather have just smoked some grass, chilled by my pool, listen to music, eat good food, have a couple beers and be fully at peace??
    those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it
    I

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING

I JUST THINK ALL PEOPLE NEED TO SUFFER A BIT, PERHAPS YOUR SUFFERING IS DONE :-D

It was an alright movie.... but as far as stories and plots go, "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" is probably Heinlein greatest works. The story is awesome. One of my all time favorite books without a doubt.
    I WILL LOOK INTO THIS BOOK
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Wow. Just read the whole thing.

Not even gonna comment on the e-fight lmfao. Except that now Erik and Bianca hate each other again which is funny.

There was a really good discussion throughout that whole thing though.

As far as the history books being skewed, of course they are. We are taught to think that Columbus was a great man and the first discoverer of the new world even though the Vikings had been here many times. And he was not a great man. His first thought upon landing in the Western Hemisphere was "these people envy us and our weapons. They would all make great servants"

Also, my cousin went to college in the Netherlands, London, Thailand for the same school. He learned American History through the eyes of foreigners, and he says our view of American History tries to glorify ourselves, but by doing so our textbooks leave out many keypoints.

Also, I agree with Shane in that I am in favor of a strong central government over a strong state/local government.
    <

That is bullshit. I spent the last decade pretending the the 70's didnt exist, and i've yet to see "people having lots of promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment" come back in style.
    <

That is bullshit. I spent the last decade pretending the the 70's didnt exist, and i've yet to see "people having lots of promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment" come back in style.
    those who see only the fine print miss the headlines...

I WILL LOOK INTO THIS BOOK
    \m/
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    <

Those who miss references are reference missers.
    <

:-))
    edited May 2011
    <

hmmm movie quote?

now that i think about it i believe i heard this before, but i can't pinpoint it
    <

hmmm movie quote?
    yes. le power de austin.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    <

hmmm movie quote?
    Austin Powers, I understand missing that one though.
    edited May 2011
    haven't seen it in almost a decade, forgive my unfamiliarity with it

wow ... i feel old, i can say shit has been a decade now and it won't refer to my childhood :-(
    SO THIS GUY BUILDS BRIDGES HIS WHOLE LIFE
    I MEAN HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS OF BRIDGES
    HE BUILDS BRIDGES IN 100 DIFFERENT COUNTRY'S
    BRIDGES OVER STREAMS AND RIVERS AND EVEN OVER OCEANS
    THEN ONE DAY HE SUCKS A COCK
    THE NEXT DAY HE DIES
    DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE IS REMEMBERED AS?

A FILTHY COCK SUCKING PIECE OF SHIT
    THAT'S WHAT HE IS REMEMBERED AS

*JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT*

Austin Powers, I understand missing that one though.
    really? I thought it was pretty obvious... I even put quotes around it. :-))

Im probably skewed though. Saw it at least 200 times in college. My roomie and I watched it daily during lunch break.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I thought that was what you were getting at, but for some reason I couldn't totally place it either.