Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Suicide Sucks

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yo Skully, if i ween my xanax down to almost nothing,should i expect withdraws, Dr's told me no, but i just wanted to ask someone with experience?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yo Skully, if i ween my xanax down to almost nothing,should i expect withdraws, Dr's told me no, but i just wanted to ask someone with experience?
    i doubt it. i was taking like 20 or more milligrams of zyprexa and now im all the way down to 2.5 mg and i dont go through any withdrawels.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    have either of your two have plans to some day get off them? Or have you decided it is just a life long medication?

I ask because, in my youth I think I very much should have been on something like that... However at some point I was able to kick the depression and now it is entirely not relevant even a little. I'm not saying that a chemical imbalance will always go away (perhaps you do need it for life), just curious what your thoughts are.
    i will stop taking them eventually. i dont even need them anymore but im tired of fighting the doctor about taking me off of them.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    i doubt it. i was taking like 20 or more milligrams of zyprexa and now im all the way down to 2.5 mg and i dont go through any withdrawels.
    cool! i was on like 3-5 mili's a day for a while in the summer, but i weened myself slowly and now i'm down to one. i hope to be off them soon!
    btw, 2.5 mg is the smallest pill of zyprexa they make. my doctor wants me to start cutting them a little bit to get me off of zyprexa.
    do it man, do like i did very slow and donot rush yourself, wait untill you feel perfectly normal to cut down to the next dose. you can do it man!
    edited March 2011
    to clear some things up, the severe depression i went through when i was younger i was talkin' about before, i conquered the worst of it without medicine, but like 5 years ago i was still goin' through some shit and i was forced to start taking medicine and im glad i did, it defenitely helped me a lot. i say this because earlier i said i conquered my depression without medicine and i just wanted to clear up any confusion some of you might have.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    have either of your two have plans to some day get off them? Or have you decided it is just a life long medication?

I ask because, in my youth I think I very much should have been on something like that... However at some point I was able to kick the depression and now it is entirely not relevant even a little. I'm not saying that a chemical imbalance will always go away (perhaps you do need it for life), just curious what your thoughts are.
    i will stop taking them eventually. i dont even need them anymore but im tired of fighting the doctor about taking me off of them.
    Cool. I wish more people were like you. Recognize the problem, get help before it is too late, and then help your body get back to a equilibrium. \m/
    yeah, im pretty much fine now but like i said, i dont feel like fighting the doctor about taking me completely off of my medicine just yet. i fought him enough already lol.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited March 2011
    i've been off all of my medication for a while now, pretty chill and haven't killed anyone so i think i'm doing pretty good
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I honestly can't imagine ever getting off my medication. It's helped me wayyyy too much, and if I don't take it I revert back to a little miserable ball of sadness, lol.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    I honestly can't imagine ever getting off my medication. It's helped me wayyyy too much, and if I don't take it I revert back to a little miserable ball of sadness, lol.
    samsies
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ive been depressed pretty much my whole life, i have horrible anxiety as well. i will never take any medication tho cuz im thick headed and try to fix things on my own without the help of drugs. i have never been suicidal tho and if that was case i would prob take some drugs
    edited March 2011
    You know, I used to think that way too, but depression runs in my family, and I was just simply not getting any better for years. I too have awful anxiety, and on top of that ADD. I've have suicidal thoughts since I was 9, and used to be so hateful towards everything and everyone, extremely misanthropic, etc.

But kudos if you can beat it without the help of drugs. :)
    just out of curiosity, did any of yooz ever have any bad seide effects when starting a medication like zoloft, efexor, celexa, ect..?
    just out of curiosity, did any of yooz ever have any bad seide effects when starting a medication like zoloft, efexor, celexa, ect..?
    I used to take klonopin for my anxiety, and I would have to take it every night which would result in me being extremely tired in the morning, so I stopped taking it. I'm kinda odd, though, and haven't had any side effects from the Zoloft or Vyvanse I take. Of course, with Zoloft your condition usually gets worse for a few months and then kicks in after your body gets used to it, but that didn't happen to me.
    i damn near went into cardiac arrest when i took lithium for the first time.
    cool! i was just curious cause i tried celexa before when i was younger, i didnt think i needed it but some dr said it would help, so i tried it and had some bad reactions to it. i never tried any other SSRI's since then, i really dont thing i need it, i'm not depressed, i just have anxiety sometimes. I feel good being sober too, i feel like the longer i stay sober the less anxiety i have and the more back to normal i'm becoming.

i'm glad you found something that works great for you though :)
    i damn near went into cardiac arrest when i took lithium for the first time.
    damn, that sux. why did that happen? were you allergic or someting?
    edited March 2011
    dunno, but i sure as hell never took it again. its a really good thing it happened while i was hospitalized or i might have actually went into cardiac arrest.