Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Suicide Sucks

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited March 2011 in Off Topic
I just found out that a very good friend of mine lost his wife to suicide recently. He has a 9 year old son that isn't really old enough to deal with this in a healthy way, and is developing a lot of social problems and is very angry with his dad and the world.

In the last year I also lost someone very close to suicide. losing someone to suicide is a billion times more painful then losing a love one in an accident or for natural reasons. It is so easy to blame yourself, and think that you could have done something to prevent it. It is honestly a hurt that I don't think will ever go away... you can forget for days/weeks/months, but when you remember it still hurts just like it happened yesterday.

Anyways, sorry for being such a downer. I just wanted to share. No one on here has ever striked me as being the depressed type, but if you do have these thoughts... Please ask someone for help. You might think that you are alone and people don't really care, but I guarantee that there are people who care greatly about you but just aren't showing you how much you mean to them. Suicide is never the answer. (except maybe in the case where you are terminally ill and in a lot of pain and your chances of recovery 0% and a doctor assists).

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Sorry to hear that. remember, it's not YOUR fault....
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I have them on occasion because of my depression...but I'd never do it. I can't do that to people
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sorry wake, it sucks when someone does that cause the people left behind are the ones that suffer. metal disease is a serious issue, if people would only admit it and try to get help maybe they could be saved from commiting acts of violence against themselves. sorry for your loss and pain man, just stay strong and pull through and remember it is in no way your fault.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    sorry wake, it sucks when someone does that cause the people left behind are the ones that suffer. metal disease is a serious issue, if people would only admit it and try to get help maybe they could be saved from commiting acts of violence against themselves. sorry for your loss and pain man, just stay strong and pull through and remember it is in no way your fault.
    This, and it's really no ones fault. No one should feel guilty when things like this happen. I wish people didn't do this, especially with children involved.
    imageimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah thats the problem when someone commits suicide, others shouldnt feel bad or guilty, but it's hard when a loved one does this and your left there to wonder why. all people do is obsess over what they could have done differently to help the person. it's a really fucked up sad situation. and especially for young kids, i couldnt imagine the pain they must feel and they are young so they prolly feel like its their fault somehow. i have 2 friends whos parents commited suicde when they were very young and it has scarred them for life, the one girl i know the mention of suicide she cant even hold back tears. it's a shame for everyone who has to live life afterwards with just the wonders of what they could have done differently, its sad.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah... My personal loss happened last July, and I was able to get cope by understanding what you guys said. I think the hardest thing for me, was letting go of trying to make sense of it. As an engineer (and maybe a guy) my natural instincts are to fix things, or find a root cause to why it happened... And with suicide there is nothing down that road but hurt/pain. It is simply senseless, and the sooner you can realize that you will find no meaning in what happened, is the sooner you can start your path to recovery.

Finding out about this happening to my friend just brought everything back into focus. I remember being totally numb for about 2 months afterward, and it was probably another 2 months before I started feeling like things were getting back to normal. I really feel for my friend and what he will now be going though because it is still so real to me. And I feel so lucky that my kids didn't understand what really happened. ("She just got was sick. and sometimes when older people get sick they die"). I can't imagine how his son must be dealing with knowing that his mother killed herself. how terribly sad.

Don't worry for me. I'm cool, really. It's been 9+ months and I have come to terms. I just wanted to put this out there for any who may be feeling this way. I've been there in my youth, and thought it made no difference if I was alive or not. Knowing now what it is like to lose someone this way, I don't think there is any way I could dump this onto someone else. It's painful... if you have feelings like this, please ask for help. I'd do anything to bring my loved one back, had I only known....
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah thats the problem when someone commits suicide, others shouldnt feel bad or guilty, but it's hard when a loved one does this and your left there to wonder why. all people do is obsess over what they could have done differently to help the person. it's a really fucked up sad situation. and especially for young kids, i couldnt imagine the pain they must feel and they are young so they prolly feel like its their fault somehow. i have 2 friends whos parents commited suicde when they were very young and it has scarred them for life, the one girl i know the mention of suicide she cant even hold back tears. it's a shame for everyone who has to live life afterwards with just the wonders of what they could have done differently, its sad.
    exactly this. It is so easy to take the guilt. You want answers, you want them back. it hurts.

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    sorry to hear this man...

hope the pain heals fast
    remember, better times wait ahead.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    he was an hero :-|
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    My best friend killed himself years ago. I miss him today but I didn't then and I don't feel bad for him now. He took the pussy way out and left his family and friends behind.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    "No one on here has ever striked me as being the depressed type, but if you do have these thoughts... Please ask someone for help. You might think that you are alone and people don't really care, but I guarantee that there are people who care greatly about you but just aren't showing you how much you mean to them. Suicide is never the answer."

I was close to doing so about 6 or 7 years back, but thankfully I didn't. But this whole paragraph is 100% correct. I don't know if truer words have ever been spoken on this topic.

In a different situation, my aun'ts boyfriend's mom killed herself with a shotgun when he was like 18 or something. The worst part is she waited until he got home, called him into her room and did it right in front of him.

Fucked up bitch.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My best friend killed himself years ago. I miss him today but I didn't then and I don't feel bad for him now. He took the pussy way out and left his family and friends behind.
    no offense but i hate it when people say "they took the easy/pussy way out" cause to them, there is NO other way out.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    no offense but i hate it when people say "they took the easy/pussy way out" cause to them, there is NO other way out.
    they could have found help instead of ending their life and leaving their friends and family.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    people who say that people take the pussy way out dont understand real depression. its a DISEASE people
    people who say that people take the pussy way out dont understand real depression. its a DISEASE people
    i know, but it can be helped through medication and counseling.
    the "pussy" way out may be too strong, but there are other ways people can cope with it, that are better than leaving loved ones behind.
    people think everyones brain is the same,

why dont i just say "yah that kid is retarded so what? he could get an A on this test if really tried, i mean i got an A and i barely even studied"
    they could have found help instead of ending their life and leaving their friends and family.

its not that easy for them. they've lost all hope. they don't see themselves getting better.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    i agree with that people don't understand real depression when they say that but i disagree that its a disease. it can be cured without medicine.
    people think everyones brain is the same,

why dont i just say "yah that kid is retarded so what? he could get an A on this test if really tried, i mean i got an A and i barely even studied"

its not that easy for them. they've lost all hope. they don't see themselves getting better.
    i understand what you guys are saying

my cousin was suicidal this year,tried to kill himself twice. everyone was shocked cuz it was out of the blue, not even a depressed kid. now doctors say he could of had somethng causing brain trauma that made him think that way, just goes to show you that there is more to understand about something than what meets the eye