Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Suicide Sucks

Comments

• Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    I had a customer go off on a rant on me about the healthcare system and how he wishes it wouldn't pass as I was sitting there (crutches under table). I got up, grabbed my crutches. He asked how I hurt myself. I politely told him that "actually that law passing may be my only chance of getting better, I've been like this for 2 years and no one will see me for lack of insurance and no insurance company will take me cause of the cost".
    I will admit, I do use them as weapons sometimes. Just ask Shane. I bet they hurt too when I aim for the knees or shins.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    I will admit, I do use them as weapons sometimes. Just ask Shane. I bet they hurt too when I aim for the knees or shins.
    =((
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    dont particularly like the health care thing
    imageimage
    dont particularly like the health care thing
    its far from perfect but a step in the right direction for a horribly broken system
    I don't like the profit that doctors can make especially when it comes down to "Hey, if you wanna live or walk, pay me $250,000"
    yea, as long as im a full time student i stay on their plan
    i have a good 4 more years
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    under obamas plan you can stay on parents insurance now till 28 i think, regardless of being in school or not
    edited March 2011
    the government need to break the for profit healthcare system. until they make it a public service and not a business thing will never get better. i'm not saying free healthcare but no fucking way does it cost the hospital 750,000 bucks to do a surgery and hospitalize you for for 30 days
    what if you're married?
    under obamas plan you can stay on parents insurance now till 28 i think, regardless of being in school or not
    really? WOOPWOOP!!
    is there proof?
    imageimage
    I don't like the profit that doctors can make especially when it comes down to "Hey, if you wanna live or walk, pay me $250,000"
    I can kiiiiind of understand the high costs cause of how much school costs and how much schooling and training they have to go through. but it's still bullshit.
    I can understand to a point but yet do you honestly think a doctor treats someone the same way that doesn't have health insurance as someone who does?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    really? WOOPWOOP!!
    is there proof?
    yeah i heard the same thing. but i thought it was 26 or something, idk for sure.

"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    i would say about 90% of all the people bitching about the healthcare reform have taken shit that fox news said as gospel and did little to no self fact checking
    When I get referred out, the first thing they say when making an appointment is "do you have insurance?". I say no, they say "Ok, we can't accept you."
    what if you're married? can you still go under insurance until 26?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I can kiiiiind of understand the high costs cause of how much school costs and how much schooling and training they have to go through. but it's still bullshit.
    I can understand to a point but yet do you honestly think a doctor treats someone the same way that doesn't have health insurance as someone who does?
    oh I know. that's why I say it's still bullshit cause the system is biased.
    Yeah, it is. My mom only has medicare because that's all she can get at the moment. She wouldn't go anywhere when she didn't have insurance because she saw no point. She already knew they would have made excuses to not do anything to help her. Even with medicare they don't treat you as well as if you were on blue cross blue sheild or something of the like. I hate it
    imageimage
    I can't get any government help because I'm not pregnant or dieing. Even though it is making life worse and causing severe amount of pain, they don't care.
    My dad had it too. For any surgery I had as a kid was $100. Then his company decided he was getting paid too much and he came back from vaca to no job.