Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2010
    If those are breakdowns, so is this, which it definitely fucking isn't.

:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEjRywf5AwY
    Doesn't sound like a breakdown to me, maybe the backing guitars but they aren't the main presence, they're the rhythm guitar.
    Lol, when Revocation played this song during the DI tour the lead singer says right before that part "Ok! Here's what you've wanted, a fucking breakdown!" and then continues the song.

Just thought that was funny.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Analogy is essentially the same thing as a metaphor, it just depends on how it's used.

either way it went way over his head lol
    No I don't play Guitar, but I know what a breakdown is based around, and it's mainly the Drums, which is why the Guitar follows the Bass Drums 99% of the time.

I'm not even defending it, I'm just sick of you faggots talking shit about shit you have no idea about.
    I don't know if this is because of you're a drummer or wtf...but to me the guitars would lead the drums. Such as, the drums follow the riffs. And I think its funny how everyone is always wrong, and you're right. I'm sure if you said the grass is blue, and we'd explain to you how its green, you'd still be right in your own little world..
    this
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Analogy is essentially the same thing as a metaphor, it just depends on how it's used.
    Are you deaf? WhiteChapel's breakdowns follow the Bass Drums on Guitar!
    WHITECHAPEL DOES THAT? Then that must be how all of them work!
    This is how 99% of breakdowns work, with very little exception.

No I don't play Guitar, but I know what a breakdown is based around, and it's mainly the Drums, which is why the Guitar follows the Bass Drums 99% of the time.

I'm not even defending it, I'm just sick of you faggots talking shit about shit you have no idea about.
    I don't know if this is because of you're a drummer or wtf...but to me the guitars would lead the drums. Such as, the drums follow the riffs. And I think its funny how everyone is always wrong, and you're right. I'm sure if you said the grass is blue, and we'd explain to you how its green, you'd still be right in your own little world..

Considering the Drums are the backbone of every song, technically everyone follows the Drummer. The Drummer is the band's metronome. In breakdowns, the Guitar follows the Bass Drums.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Guitars normally follow the drums since they keep the beat.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Whatever you say Erik. I will always put guitars over drums.
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2010
    To get back on topic, in case you haven't heard, Gorgoroth is rerecording Under The Sign Of Hell for a early/mid 2011 release.

And new album's expected for late 2011
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Are you fucking kidding me?

That's not even my opinion, which is the sad thing. It's fact. Drums are the backbone to the band, and everyone else follows the "metronome" which is the Drummer.
    Are you deaf? WhiteChapel's breakdowns follow the Bass Drums on Guitar!
    WHITECHAPEL DOES THAT? Then that must be how all of them work!
    This is how 99% of breakdowns work, with very little exception.

Considering the Drums are the backbone of every song, technically everyone follows the Drummer. The Drummer is the band's metronome. In breakdowns, the Guitar follows the Bass Drums.
    I call BS on that percentage. Lots do but there are some that don't. Not just 1% though.

If I'm writing the song, I ain't writing drums first. Sure, ok,
    imageimage
    Are you fucking kidding me?

That's not even my opinion, which is the sad thing. It's fact. Drums are the backbone to the band, and everyone else follows the "metronome" which is the Drummer.
    I have to agree with you on this one. Drums are vital to any band. I can't put any instrument over the other though because combined, they all make something great. You can live without one or the other but it won't sound so great (usually)
    Fuck this mobile site and posting something that wasn't finished and not letting me edit.
    imageimage
    If I'm writing the song, I ain't writing drums first. Sure, ok,
    That's true, the drums have to come last or next to last, before vocals I guess but drums are the backbone once the song is complete and songs can be written around drum parts
    They don't have to come last. In a lot of cases, they come first.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    To get back on topic, in case you haven't heard, Gorgoroth is rerecording Under The Sign Of Hell for a early/mid 2011 release.

And new album's expected for late 2011
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    edited December 2010
    maybe during recording but definitely not in the song writing process
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    What was that, Brian?
    I love winning with women
    I was talking song writing process as well.

I was talking song writing process as well.

Then I'll take one from Wine's book: If you think drums come first in the song writing process, the majority of the time, then I don't know what to say to you.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    i cant believe im saying this but i agree with erik on the whole lazarus breakdown thing. i dont think that was a breakdown anymore than i think the begining of the fast part of "one" is a breakdown (where lars follows the stop-start riff on his feet) but his definition of a breakdown is fucked. a breakdown is just a wide open part of the song that has simple chords stop-starting that makes the song feel heavier. it can be half speed 3/4 speed same speed whatever. usually it has a huge build up, a pause then "breaks down". breakdowns did originate in hardcore....thats what makes most metalcore bands metalCORE because they use metal riffs and hardcore breakdowns. pretty easy concept.

on a side note this is the first time ive heard lazarus and i def like them. its the only modern thrash band ive heard and im def gonna check them out some more.

and to get back on track im excited for the new rise against CD thats due out early spring.