Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Upcoming Album thread!

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OMG GREAT NEWS! I DON'T CARE!

...wait that's not great news at all...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    How's about I shit in your mouth?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OMG GREAT NEWS! I DON'T CARE!

...wait that's not great news at all...
    Cmon bro, DevilDriverRevolution is the best shit since Coal Chamber.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    DEVILDRIVER To Release 'Dead To Rights' Single Next Month

Santa Barbara, California metallers DEVILDRIVER will release the first single from their forthcoming fifth album, "Beast", on January 23, 2011. The track "Dead To Rights" will be available digitally on all usual platforms.

"The record is extreme," vocalist Dez Fafara told Revolver magazine. "And it attacks from start to finish. If you liked [2007's] 'The Last Kind Words', this is like that on steroids and crank, driving a Buick Skylark 200 miles an hour straight to Vegas."

"I felt like I was waking up and experiencing a moment of clarity that brought out all these pissed off, negative emotions," Fafara said of making the album. "It's an all-out release of pain.

"It's been a beast of a year and a half, and it's still going," he added.

DEVILDRIVER's latest CD, "Pray For Villains", sold around 14,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 35 on The Billboard 200 chart.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151406
    fuck could they wait any longer. the album will leak before then just like the last two.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Now home following their tour with Job For A Cowboy, Skeletonwitch will spend this winter finalizing material for their next full-length. The group tentatively plans to enter the studio next spring. Guitarist Scott Hedrick had the following to say:

"A huge thank you to the bands, the fans, and everyone else involved in the tour -- except that one promoter; fuck you, dude! Kidding! Anyway, we had a fucking blast as usual. It's hard not to when you're traveling around the country with your best friends and your job is to party and shred.

"When we wake up from the impending holiday blackout, we'll be devoting all of our time finishing the next record. So keep an eye out: as the writing process continues, we'll probably book a few dates and debut some new material. Thanks to everyone who supported us in 2010. It's been a great year!"
    I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Saw this on FB yesterday. I found the title to be very interesting....

In 2008, Chicago punk group Rise Against released Appeal to Reason, a record that put Bush and his Iraq War policy square within their cross-hairs. It was the group's most overtly political record to date — and tapped into a populist rage many Americans were feeling at the time. Appeal to Reason bowed at No. 3 on the Billboard chart (the band's highest debut) and has sold 482,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Rise Against are plotting to top that album with Endgame, due out next Spring. And frontman Tim McIlrath will be tackling an ambitious concept for the disc: the end of humankind as we know it.

"Every day, there's news about our financial system or the environment collapsing or stories about nuclear proliferation," McIlrath tells SPIN. "We're living under this black cloud of doom — everything's spiraling out of control. The record is about all that."

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing: "We're looking at Endgame from the perspective of, 'What if this is a good thing? What if this grotesque world we created doesn't deserve to go on? What if the place on the other of this transition is place we'd all rather be living in?'"

McIlrath may have a grander vision for the band's music, but they've stuck with longtime collaborators Bill Stevenson and Jason Livermore to produce the record in their favorite studio: Fort Collins, CO's Blasting Room. "It's so unpretentious and low-key," says McIlrath of the space. "It's just a big gray building that says 'Furniture and Rentals' on it, and there's a box truck parked out front that the Descendents used to tour. It's been sitting there for a million years."

Of the dozen or so new songs, McIlrath is particularly psyched about the amped-up rocker "Help Is on the Way," which details the destruction wreaked upon New Orleans after Katrina and the BP oil disaster. McIlrath was inspired to write the song after spending time in the city while the band was on break from touring.

"I was down in those wetlands with a guy talking about how important they were and the damage that was being inflicted on them," says McIlrath. "And this was right before the oil spill! I could almost visualize a tear coming out of that guy's eye, like, 'Are you kidding me? Kicking us while we're down?'"

McIlrath also adds he got particular inspiration from an unlikely source: the Dixie Chicks, and their song "Not Ready to Make Nice," which the country group wrote in response to the negative reaction that erupted after singer Natalie Maines insulted then-President Bush, whose foreign policy she disagreed with, at a concert in England.

Like the Chicks, Rise Against have been supported by a major label, Interscope, even when releasing controversial material. "For a band that has always been against popular opinion and been thrown into the world of popular music — it goes without saying our opinions will ruffle feathers," he says.

"Satellite" is one of those Dixie Chicks-inspired tracks and features McIlrath howling: "We can't feel the heat until you hold your hand over the flame / You have to cross the line just to know where it lays / You never know your worth until you take a hit / And you won't find the beat until you lose yourself in it."

Endgame won't be a constant barrage of raging punk anthems, however. The band is veering into softer territory on tracks like "Wait for Me." "It's one of the slower, more ballad-esque songs on the record," says McIlrath.

Rise Against have most of the recording done for the album, but McIlrath is hoping to get a couple of guest collaborators when the band mixes the record in Los Angeles in January. "We have a lot of friends in bands and I'm really after getting someone else on the record," he says. "Hopefully."
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2010
    I like that, exactly how I feel about the world pretty much. Could've went with a better title though... *CoughMegadethCough*
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    FUCK YEAH NEW RISE AGAINST
    If it were to have "Megadeth" as its title...with would be Megadeath. Because that's the correct spelling. And I'm kinda excited for it I guess. I haven't listened to enough Rise Against to call myself a fan as of yet
    imageimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I'm no doctor, but I don't think that is what he meant

*coughtheiralbumistitledendgametoocough*
    image Photobucket
    Forgot about that album because I didn't listen to it
    imageimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Hey! Someone else that has yet to listen to it...
    What an exclusive club.
    image Photobucket
    Awesome news about the new RA!

*remembers hatred for RA*

Cool story bro.

Death metal band Aborted will begin pre-production for their next Century Media Records release in early-January. The group has issued the following update:

"Good news is that we are starting pre-productions for our upcoming record on January 4th. This means we will demo all the songs for the record, make sure everything sounds good and make the necessary adjustments to make sure they are all more lethal than a chainsaw in Mr. Leatherface's hands. We're all very excited about the material thus far and can't wait to get this over with and proceed to the actual recordings later this year. Expect a fall 2011 release through our culprates in mayhem Century Media."
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Sounds like a win
    to make sure they are all more lethal than a chainsaw in Mr. Leatherface's hands
    L-)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Wonder if Aborted would ever play Mayhem.......

Probably not.
    You're fucking kidding, right?