Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

no, im not wearing purple tomorrow.

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    wine speaks the troof
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I know you'll just say "Well you're straight so you don't fully understand.". But if I was gay, the way that I am, I'd come straight out and say it. I never keep my thoughts, opinions, or ideals to myself. And to some, that makes me an asshole, but I don't give a fuck. I'd probably start off by telling my parents.
    In my opinion, that is the best route of action, however coincidentally is the least safe. You then allow yourself to reach a new level of alienation from your peers and often times, teachers and sometimes even parents. Hate crimes, deprecation, etc are inevitable at that point. Our safety is probably the 1 thing we all take for granted, and by coming out you risk that.

Best? Yes. Rationally sound? No.
    Yes, but I don't know. By being ANYTHING, you risk hate violence. Being White, you could get the shit knocked out of you by a racist Black dude or Mexican dude. And vice versa. Hell, by being a fan of a different sports team, some people take even THAT to an extreme. Remember that Sox fan that was beaten to death by 3 Cubs fans? This shit happens every day. Not just because of gays. But because of different races, different religions, different beliefs, and so many other things.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    erik is a erik
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    And to think he's actually being taken out of school now.....haha
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm still waiting arlo.....
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    Yes, but I don't know. By being ANYTHING, you risk hate violence. Being White, you could get the shit knocked out of you by a racist Black dude or Mexican dude. And vice versa. Hell, by being a fan of a different sports team, some people take even THAT to an extreme. Remember that Sox fan that was beaten to death by 3 Cubs fans? This shit happens every day. Not just because of gays. But because of different races, different religions, different beliefs, and so many other things.
    The thing is that racial differences are usually understood. Most of the time it's the fact that people don't understand homosexuality and usually consider it to be a choice, in the face of society and by proxy, themselves. If you're just a Caucasian guy, and you don't undergo the oppression that blacks, Hispanics, etc face, then why open yourself to that oppression? If I had the choice of being oppressed or not being oppressed, I'm always jumping to not being oppressed.
    I'm still waiting arlo.....
    You'll be waiting for a while. You more expressed your views upon suicide and how it applies to minorities as opposed to expressing views about gays.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, and I said I wouldn't even bother getting into it, lol.

I guess I should make it clear for you, when I said I wasn't going to discuss with Erik, it was because of his screwed views on homosexuality (and because the kid is just a complete moron). The reason I won't even start with you is because of your ignorant view of people who commit suicide.

Edit: Wine got to it first as I was typing.
    after all this arguing, back and forth about purple day, everyone is still in agreement that they are in a good mood because the yankees got spanked again!
    after all this arguing, back and forth about purple day, everyone is still in agreement that they are in a good mood because the yankees got spanked again!
    Hell yes!!!! God damn I hope the Rangers can close it out!
    Now explain how my view on suicide is ignorant. Differing opinion does not mean ignorant.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Now explain how my view on suicide is ignorant. Differing opinion does not mean ignorant.
    you seem like youre always madd as shit bro...
    If you're going to make a jackass statement in my direction I hope you come fully prepared to back it up.
    I honestly agree to a certain extent with your views. We just differ on how it should be treated.
    you seem like youre always madd as shit bro...
    And I always seem like I'm up for a fight/troll baiter.
    i never said your view is ignorant, i agree with you suicide is fucked up and people should know there are other ways to deal with things, the sad thing is some people dont, and they think thats the only way. my whole point is gays weather they kill themselves or not should know there are people out there who care for them and wont judge them for who they are. thats my take on purple day.
    hear you go ape...
    Photobucket
    You're right, it doesn't, although I wasn't inferring that that's the case. That's how I see it though, and as I stated before I'm not getting into it.
    This topic annoys me because I have had 3 people around me kill themselves for various reasons. I get called ignorant ( which means lacking knowledge of to those who don't know how to use it properly) yet I probably have more life experience with this than most on the forum.
    George I was attempting a double post and you posted at the same time as me so it wasn't to you but it worked out.

Arlo stand your ground if you're going to call me out.
    This topic annoys me because I have had 3 people around me kill themselves for various reasons. I get called ignorant ( which means lacking knowledge of to those who don't know how to use it properly) yet I probably have more life experience with this than most on the forum.
    At that point you then accept that experiential knowledge is more important than rational knowledge. I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.