Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

no, im not wearing purple tomorrow.

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2010
    dayna, purple has always been a gay color i think
    sorry george, i dont think i should commemorate people who cant stand up for themselves
    Can you clarify this?

You think gays don't stand up for themselves?
    they took the easy way out and killed themselves
    weak people are weak
    youre right, they are weak, but they don't have to be. tomorrow is a day to let people know we support them and they don't have to hide around in the closet anymore afraid of what others might say or do. nothing i said condoned suicide at all, i dont know what it feels like to be gay and hated by everyone around me for it, i bet it sucks. people need to know there are people out there who care about them no matter who they fuck. and people scared to death about not knowing how to come out and feeling like they can never live a normal life and theyre doing somsething wrong for being gay might see some people wearing purple tomorrow and get alot of hope that they can live a normal life and there are alot of people out there who dont judge a accept them for being gay.

You have a very good point, you truly do. But the thing is, is that tomorrow is in support of the gay SUICIDES, and that shouldn't be condoned. Not only did others not accept them, but they didn't even accept themselves, and that shouldn't be supported at all. And not only that, there's all these gay pride/gay support parades, they should already know there's plenty of people out there who support them.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    what george said....this is a good thing...
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    Lol, Erik's views on gays as a collective group is just plain ridiculous (unfortunately many people share it). Wine might as well not argue it.
    It's not xenophobia though. Sometimes irrational hate, or hate for no reason, but not xenophobia.
    Xenophobia is irrational hate, but specifically. People fear gays because they're different. I don't really see many other reasons...

You have an irrational fear, and you should seriously look at yourself for it. It's worrisome that you consider yourself to be a mature person when you are so willing to call a group of people a derogatory term.
    Well, more so, fear of the unknown...

And it's not irrational. It's something personal. No, NOT 9/11, but I won't discuss it on here. I'll PM you if you wish if you promise not to spread it around here. -_-
    tomorrow is mainly about stopping bullying gay people...in support to try and make it so that no one feels like they have to kill them selves
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Lol, Erik's views on gays as a collective group is just plain ridiculous (unfortunately many people share it). Wine might as well not argue it.
    Exactly why I'm not saying a word about it with him or Lance.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You have a very good point, you truly do. But the thing is, is that tomorrow is in support of the gay SUICIDES, and that shouldn't be condoned. Not only did others not accept them, but they didn't even except themselves, and that shouldn't be supported at all. And not only that, there's all these gay pride/gay support parades, they should already know there's plenty of people out there who support them.
    But very few in the first degree. I mean, I only know maybe one or two gay people, and I don't see any of them often. I'm sure there are gays who don't know any, and therefore feel alienated. Think right now, if you were gay, who would you talk to? It's not really an easy decision. That's why it's so important that they don't stay in the closet.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Almost everyone gets picked on and bullied at some point.
    There is no reason to have a day to remember one certain group and not all the others who killed themselves.
    People who do kill themselves are cowards.
    They should not have any attention drawn towards them.
    It's not like we haven't had that point said.
    Well then we need to end this thread.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    dayna, purple has always been a gay color i think
    sorry george, i dont think i should commemorate people who cant stand up for themselves
    Can you clarify this?

You think gays don't stand up for themselves?
    they took the easy way out and killed themselves
    weak people are weak
    youre right, they are weak, but they don't have to be. tomorrow is a day to let people know we support them and they don't have to hide around in the closet anymore afraid of what others might say or do. nothing i said condoned suicide at all, i dont know what it feels like to be gay and hated by everyone around me for it, i bet it sucks. people need to know there are people out there who care about them no matter who they fuck. and people scared to death about not knowing how to come out and feeling like they can never live a normal life and theyre doing somsething wrong for being gay might see some people wearing purple tomorrow and get alot of hope that they can live a normal life and there are alot of people out there who dont judge a accept them for being gay.

You have a very good point, you truly do. But the thing is, is that tomorrow is in support of the gay SUICIDES, and that shouldn't be condoned. Not only did others not accept them, but they didn't even accept themselves, and that shouldn't be supported at all. And not only that, there's all these gay pride/gay support parades, they should already know there's plenty of people out there who support them.
    the point is they didnt accept themselves, that's why people are wearing purple, to let them know they are accepted.......
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Exactly why I'm not saying a word about it with him or Lance.
    Okay arlo, what is my view on gays? Educate me because I don't believe I have shared it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Well, more so, fear of the unknown...

And it's not irrational. It's something personal. No, NOT 9/11, but I won't discuss it on here. I'll PM you if you wish if you promise not to spread it around here. -_-
    I agree.

Any event is not enough to declare an entire race anything. I won't say all Mexicans are nice just because a Hispanic guy guy picked up my wallet today.

If you're willing, I will honor your privacy to restrict this to PM if you wish.
    edited October 2010
    we need to end this thread.
    i will say all mexicans work hard
    You have a very good point, you truly do. But the thing is, is that tomorrow is in support of the gay SUICIDES, and that shouldn't be condoned. Not only did others not accept them, but they didn't even except themselves, and that shouldn't be supported at all. And not only that, there's all these gay pride/gay support parades, they should already know there's plenty of people out there who support them.
    But very few in the first degree. I mean, I only know maybe one or two gay people, and I don't see any of them often. I'm sure there are gays who don't know any, and therefore feel alienated. Think right now, if you were gay, who would you talk to? It's not really an easy decision. That's why it's so important that they don't stay in the closet.
    I know you'll just say "Well you're straight so you don't fully understand.". But if I was gay, the way that I am, I'd come straight out and say it. I never keep my thoughts, opinions, or ideals to myself. And to some, that makes me an asshole, but I don't give a fuck. I'd probably start off by telling my parents.
    you might not be who you think you are if you were gay
    edited October 2010
    gays are taught from birth that there thoughts opinios and ideals are wrong....you have experienced nothing they have had to go threw...what makes you think you would be anything like you are now?
    i dont know what its like to be gay, i like vagina too much anyway, but if i was gay, i would be all good cause my momz is cool with madd gays. it's my jerked off dad who is one sided and thinks people are raised gay. thankfully i didnt have to live with him at all in my life. i see both sides of it, my mom has alot of gay friends and is cool with it, my dad goes to church and thinks gay's are sinners and going to burn in hell, hahahhahha. he also said going to a mental institution would help gays not be gay. i'm so glad my mom divorced that asshole when i was 1.
    I know you'll just say "Well you're straight so you don't fully understand.". But if I was gay, the way that I am, I'd come straight out and say it. I never keep my thoughts, opinions, or ideals to myself. And to some, that makes me an asshole, but I don't give a fuck. I'd probably start off by telling my parents.
    In my opinion, that is the best route of action, however coincidentally is the least safe. You then allow yourself to reach a new level of alienation from your peers and often times, teachers and sometimes even parents. Hate crimes, deprecation, etc are inevitable at that point. Our safety is probably the 1 thing we all take for granted, and by coming out you risk that.

Best? Yes. Rationally sound? No.
    i should tell my dad i'm gay and see what he says...