Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    >not getting gamepass free with bing rewards
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    edited March 2022
    My friends all love tiny tina and im over here just straight up sick of borderlands. 

Like its cool, and its funny. But there is absolutely nothing new about it. They didn’t take any risks with gameplay or level design. 

Maybe im just burnt out on the whole looter genre. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,701 jayfacer
    edited March 2022
    Basically done wit Immortals Fenyx Rising, jus got one last trophy left which is maxing out the potion tree, I need to farm Golden Amber to do so, so should only take me maybe 30 more minutes tomorrow lol.

Overall, this may be Ubisoft’s best game, or at least their best in a long time. Main reason being that it has such a unique presence and character that a lot of the rest of their catalog lacks. Yes it borrows heavily from Breath Of The Wild, but it’s also individual enough to stand as it’s own thing. As I already said earlier, it doesn’t even feel like a Ubisoft game, this feels like an entirely separate studio. 

There’s some flaws that hold it back that I hope are fixed in the sequel, if there is one. All mainly revolving around the physics and platforming. A good majority of the Vaults (This game’s equivalent of BOTW’s Shrines.) were very well designed, some even being genius, and they were satisfying to figure out and play thru. Matter fact, when they’re done right, the puzzles are prolly the best part of the game. But there were certain Vaults that were physics or platforming based, or both, and those took a serious nosedive. The platforming ain’t bad really, it’s jus kinda wonky and not too satisfying when it’s the focus, so the platforming Vaults jus felt average. But anything physics based was straight up HORRIBLE. Like extremely bad. Like “How the fuck did the same developers that had so many brilliant designs on display also put this dogshit in the game.” bad. There luckily wasn’t too many of that kind, but there was one that I was literally stuck on for like an hour straight, and it had nothing to do wit lack of skill. You had to get a ball thru a course basically, but it was on very narrow tracks and you had to rely on blowing fans to get it across. Most of the time it either wouldn’t blow it perfectly straight so it would fall off, or it would make it but not get blown hard enough to make the jump off the ramp at the end. Then right after you had to knock the ball across the way into a very specific opening using your hammer, and it very rarely hit the ball perfectly straight ahead of you like you needed it to, even after taking your sweet time lining up the hit. Then it would fall off and you would have to start that whole process over again since there was no checkpoint. That single Vault is the most egregious example in the entire game and there was never anything else that was even nearly that bad, but still, anything that revolved around physics jus did not feel good to play.

Other gripe involving traversal is that the climbing mechanism is way too slow for how vertical most of the map is. You’re constantly climbing and you never get an upgrade to “sprint climb”. The best you get is being able to go up in small hops instead of strictly climbing, but even that is slow as shit. You have wings, so this could also have been solved by allowing you to fly directly up, but this wasn’t implemented either, you can only glide. There was way too many instances where I would literally be climbing for 1-2 minutes straight on the bigger walls. Got to a point I started sighing every time I got to one I needed to climb lmao. It can not be like that on a game that is already so long and massive, wit such a vertical map on top of that. 

I also don’t like the stamina system. But that’s in general. I didn’t like it in BOTW either. Once it’s higher level or maxed out it’s not really a problem anymore, but I still feel like it doesn’t really have a place in games other than like sports or a Survival game where realism is more key. But in a fantasy game where you are literally a superpowered demigod, it jus felt forced and got in the way more than it ever benefited the game. The way it works in combat is okay, since it basically acts like a power bar for your special attacks, can’t do any special attacks if you don’t have stamina. That was fine by me, but they shoulda kept that shit as far as needing it for traversal.

Combat is decent, it’s that Souls type of combat so you know how that goes. My main issue is by the end when you’re maxed out, you’re OP and really all you have to do is spam special attacks and say fuck strategy lmao. I beat the dogshit out of the final boss wit zero issue and I didn’t even really try to dodge him. I guess I shoulda put it up to hard at that point, I played the whole game on normal. So that one falls on me as well.

Story was fun and well written, a lot of legitimately funny lines too and I was surprised by how mature a lot of it was. The art style is straight Pixar and I remember they were originally marketing this as basically a more family friendly version of their open world games, so I guess that’s exactly what I expected from the dialogue, but there was a LOT of sex jokes, (Zeus even mentions an orgy.) lines about alcoholism, etc., jus a lot of shit that straight up wasn’t kid friendly lmao. Jus lacked all the cursing that their other games have. Only problem here is that while the writing was good, a lot of it goes forgotten and unappreciated unfortunately, because the main focus of this game is the exploration. So you can easily spend 6 straight hours doing nothing but Vaults, opening chests, doing challenges, etc. before you even get back to the campaign, and then when you do you’re like “Wait so what was happening again??”. Now you can play however you want to and do strictly campaign back to back to back, but the way the game is built, it’s a lot more beneficial AND time efficient if you jus knock out everything you see as you get to it, so it’s very easy to get distracted by that. This is a fault of a lot of open world games in general tho, not jus this one.

Took about 51 hours for the Platinum. Overall really fun game, really enjoyed my time wit it and it looks fucking gorgeous cause of the art style. Who knows if this will get a sequel but I would definitely come back for a second round especially if they fix the issues I addressed. 8/10
    Finally starting BioMutant tonight. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    10 bosses into Dark Souls, still have 16 to go. Its crazy how much longer this game is than Demon's Souls. I can't wait to unlock fast travel though. Im so sick of having to walk everywhere. I think I'll need to grind for another 22 levels or so, and then I'll pretty much be OP for the rest of the game. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    69th Platinum = Officially achieved. 😎

I can no longer Platinum games lmao.
    damn. I think I got like... 15 on Steam and 2 or 3 on Playstation
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    I have 24 or 25 on Playstation 
    Mind you, mine go back like 10 years now. Either 2012 or 2013 all the way back on my PS3. So it’s a decade’s worth at this point lol. I was originally gonna cool off at 50, then said nah lemme hit 100, realistically I’ll never stop lmao. I enjoy the process, even thru some of the more tedious trophies.
    B2G1 at Target starting on Sunday lehgoooooo. Copping Elden Ring, Gran Turismo 7, and WWE 2K22. 🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Went to get the new Kirby yesterday, and it was completely sold out at Target. Gonna try again later this week...
    Sony ain’t shit. Gran Turismo 7 ain’t part of the Target B2G1. It’s not too new, Sony exclusives are jus excluded period. Forbidden West ain’t on it either. So I got 2 Elden Rings and WWE 2K22 and Im’ma return one of the Elden Rings at Walmart since they let you return without a receipt if it’s unopened, then I’ll use that bread for Gran Turismo 7. So I still get the B2G1 wit the games I want, jus more of a process lmao.
    My Target doesnt even carry Elden Ring at all lol
    Are you close to the Lake Bluff Target at all? They had a shit ton of Elden Rings and Kirbys.
    Bag secured tho. I kinda fucked up because I forgot about Walmart’s games being $10 cheaper. So I bought 2 Elden Rings at Target and returned one at Walmart, but it’s only $53 there after taxes, and PlayStation exclusives don’t get the discount, so Gran Turismo 7 was still like $73. So they refunded Elden Ring but I had to pay the $20 difference. WWE didn’t get the discount at Walmart either which I didn’t know so the smarter move would have been to buy 2 WWEs and only 1 Elden Ring and returned one of the WWEs. But then my Target bill would have been $10 higher anyways so it would have only saved me $10 so fuck it lmao.
    Are you close to the Lake Bluff Target at all? They had a shit ton of Elden Rings and Kirbys.
    Nah, Woodfield
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Bought 2 years of ps now since it will convert to ps plus premium in June. Sony took down the option to buy a year but wario64 found a link to buy a year for $60. Best price since it'll l be 120 later.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    edited April 2022
    Yea 2K22 is dope. The overhaul on controls and everything was much needed. Plays more arcadey like the old school games and handles a bit more like a fighting game now. Obviously we’re not talkin Mortal Kombat level shit, but the lil button combos are a welcome addition. Even tho 2020’s Battlegrounds was a spin-off and played more like a junior Smash Bros. than a wrestling game, it seems like they took inspiration from that and kinda blended that wit the previous simulator style and made a nice hybrid of the 2.
    Naw, 11. 💯💯