Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,701 jayfacer
    Decided Im’ma get Elden Ring. Reviews are jus too tempting and it seems like one of those magnum opuses that you jus owe to yourself to make time for it and play if you consider yourself a gamer. Trophy guide for it said the same thing as Rex too, that it’s as easy or as hard as you want to make it, depending on if you take the extra time to grind and over level yourself. So I’ll jus do that to avoid the rage lmao.

But considering I still have a backlog and have no shortage of games to play, I think Im’ma wait til Target does B2G1 again lol. They do it multiple times a year and I need Elden Ring, Gran Turismo 7, and WWE 2K22, so I’ll jus grab those then.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I bought it, played it for about 10 minutes, went back to playing Binding of Isaac. I don’t have that kind of free time available right now either. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    edited March 2022
    It does require a chunk of free time. My GF has been getting annoyed with me lately lol.

only advice i can give you is dont be discouraged when you die. Its going to happen a lot.

and use the internet if you are getting frustrated trying to find something. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Xeno said:
    Dime2 said:
    That makes 4 and New Vegas at 100% platinum runs. I have the platinum in 3 but only like 53% completion. No platinum in 76 and only at 25% overall. I know I can go clean up 3 and get the 100% but it scares me because that means to get the set I'd need to do 76 and I don't know if I wanna venture down that rabbit hole 
    Got all the respect for y'all that dedicate to 100% runs, I don't have the patience. I'm pretty close with wild hunt but the only game I've gotten every achievement for is COD4
     I dont do it for a shit ton of games but when I realize I'm like 70% on a game it becomes such a fun challenge and I say fuck it and go for it. Takes alot of patience but trophy hunting is also super fucking fun. I have a platinum trophy for the following 

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    Sly Cooper and The Thievius Racconus 
    Sly 2: Band Of Thieves 
    Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves 
    InFamous 
    InFamous 2
    InFamous: Second Son
    Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Resistance: Burning Skies 
    Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4)
    Battlefield 4
    Cuphead 
    Crash Bandicoot 
    Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back
    Crash Warped 
    Spyro The Dragon
    Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
    Spyro: Year Of The Dragon
    Kingdom Hearts III
    Fallout 3
    Fallout 4
    Fallout: New Vegas 

I think that's it. Most of those are 100% runs as well. 
    So me and my boy were on Cold War and started spitting game at this female on the other team jus cause shit was funny, except she was actually biting lmfao. So fast forward and she joins our lobby and gives us her Snapchat and shit, starts explaining her life story and how she jus got out of the psych ward cause she was choked out by her boyfriend. Gets off the game and then an hour or so later continues talking to me on Snap and kicks it off like “I’m hurting bad. Say something to stop me from doing something bad and going back to the psych ward.” 😐

I’m like Goddamn she’s REALLY cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. I’m jus a jackass from COD across the map from you fuck am I supposed to do. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Tell her to ky
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Started Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. I’m not actually getting into it all the way for a while, but had to start it because they have a Mystery Gift event that ends on Sunday that gives you the item needed to catch Shaymin. You don’t get the ability to receive Mystery Gifts til after you beat the first gym, so roughly about 2 hours of gameplay are needed. So I got that done today and I’ll get back into it prolly after I finish Immortals Fenyx Rising and BioMutant.

But I say that to say, Goddamn Nintendo really needs to finally focus on graphics and performance wit their next console. They could have achieved that wit a Switch Pro but instead did a meaningless upgrade to the handheld screen smh. But playing on 30 FPS was literally hurting my eyes at points. I feel like the better the monitor is, the worse 30 FPS looks. Cause I don’t remember it ever bothering me so bad before having the OLED. But the trees and background were literally looking like a slideshow when I sprinted. It felt so dated. I might end up playing the majority of that game in handheld mode. It’s still 30FPS, but it doesn’t look nearly as bad or noticeable on a smaller screen.
    Yea. I dont care about the graphics, they can keep things how they are, but the performance is inexcusible now a days. Needs to be 60 FPS
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yea. I dont care about the graphics, they can keep things how they are, but the performance is inexcusible now a days. Needs to be 60 FPS
    Yeah Nintendo has always made pretty looking games based on their art style instead of hardware but the switch is severely out of date at this point
    Also, successfully performed surgery on a PS5 controller and fixed the drift lmao. Had drift AGAIN but this time it’s past the one year warranty date so I was SOL. Opening it voids the warranty but since I was past that, I figured worst case scenario I fuck it up even worse and need to buy a new one outright anyways. So I cracked it open and got it working again. They’re a lot more intricate inside than the PS4 controllers were, but it’s still doable. I need to get me a kit of those plastic prying tools tho because I used a butter knife and chipped some of the seams and scratched the fuck out of a part of the handle when I lost grip of the knife so it ain’t pretty anymore but it works 100% again lmao. So next time, if I ever need to open one up again, I can at least protect it cosmetically as well.
    You’re better off adjusting the settings with deadzones rather than taking it apart, unless it’s completely fucked
    You’re better off adjusting the settings with deadzones rather than taking it apart, unless it’s completely fucked
    Why, if he fixed it?
    Xeno said:

Difference is Doom is actually fun and well made
    Xeno said:
    Why, if he fixed it?
    Because you dont have to take it apart. 

Sometimes the joysticks are hard to get at and clean/fix and then get back together when you take it apart. 

Just saying its less time consuming and less stressful. Plus, every controller is going to develop stick drift, and it will probably happen again anyways. 

I just hate dealing with putting shit back together, so
    i find it easier. 
    Yea but that’s worse because A: Each individual game will require different settings, so you’ll have to tinker wit it on every new game. B: A digital solution will only go so far if it’s an actual hardware problem. Apparently the main problem causing drift on PS5 controllers is that they’re overgreasing the track on the inside of the joysticks. So I completely cleaned the track wit alcohol and that fixed it. Fixing deadzones doesn’t get rid of a glob of grease lmao.
    No its not. You program the controller outside of the system. You can do it easily on a computer. That just gives you a good base to start with. Or an immediate fix for that game. 
    Idk ive been taking apart controllers since the n64 days. Those things were a bitch. 

If you dont mind taking them apart thats fine, but usually even a brand new controller out of the box has some stick drift. You find that out when you play with the deadzone settings. 

I usually adjust them when i first get a controller myself. 
    Knock on wood, I've never had any first party controllers go bad. Had some third party controllers break on me. But even my NES controllers still work. 
    Haven't had a controller start to drift since the 360 days