Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Put in an order for the classic edition of river city girls zero. The figures looked bad in the ultimate edition
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Played Vanguard on Adderall last night and dropped the hardest night of my COD career lmao. 2 100+ pieces in one night, (124 and 103.) which were both my 2 most impressive 100+ pieces because the current weekly playlist is streakless, so no killstreaks can be used. All other 100+ games were wit streaks so this was all pure kills. I dropped a 129 and 140 before this, but I feel like this 124 game woulda easily been 160-170 if streaks were involved so it was easily my best game to date. Also finished all 30 Bloodthirsties on 6 different guns all in the same session because I was literally knocking out like 5-6 of em per game. I have NEVER finished them that fast. On top of that, I got my K/D up by 3 points in a single session and was first place pretty much every single game for like 7 hours straight. I was literally playing out of my fucking mind lmao. There’s also the fact that streakless matches means a lot less bullshit deaths and it exposes people’s actual firefight skill. Same reason I always dominated Face-Off 6v6 on Cold War. 

Still tho, it was definitely mostly the Addy lmao. It seriously made me wonder if the pro competitions wit these huge cash prizes do any kind of drug testing similar to how actual sports leagues do. Because 2 good evenly matched players playing against eachother, if one popped an Addy before the comp and the other didn’t, then one of em definitely has an unfair advantage, and it’s pretty clear who will end up winning lmao.
    edited March 2022
    Got the Platinum on Horizon Forbidden West. Clocked in at 75 hours. Goddamn the game is massive lmao.

Don’t have too too much to add on top of what I already did earlier in the thread, shit is still my game of the year and I don’t really see anything beating it other than maybe Ragnarok if that does end up dropping this year but we’ll see. I’ll go as far as to say that this is now in my all time top 10 list. Exact placement I’m not sure, but I loved it THAT much. 75 hours and not once did it ever feel like a grind or a chore and all them long ass sessions straight flew by. And it blew my mind the entire way thru.

Wit that said tho, this is still the best looking realistic game I ever seen in my life. The open world is absolutely gorgeous, especially the San Francisco area, which is my favorite region of the entire game. I mentioned it already earlier in the thread, but this is the best facial/lip movement during speech I’ve ever seen in a game. It’s not 100% photorealistic yet, but it’s the closest it’s ever been. Only disappointment in this area was that on certain errands and side quests, the lip movement was noticeably worse and stiffer. Clearly a case of a lil less effort being put in since it was side content, which was a shame to see.

On the subject of flaws and bugs, the only ones I ever ran into in 75 hours of gameplay were also all during side content. Shit like the NPC stopping dead in their tracks and no longer following you, leaving you unable to continue the quest. Reloading the save would fix it real quick, but again, I only ever ran into this during the side content, showing again that less effort was put into it. There was also a case where an errand wouldn’t spawn for me, even tho I had all the prerequisites to unlock it finished already. It ended up randomly spawning for me 3 whole days later out of nowhere lmao.

But overall the game is very VERY polished and there were only these very minor things that I ran into, which I assume will be smoothed out wit a few small quality of life patches. It’s still more polished than 95% of shit that comes out, especially wit how fucking massive the game is.

My only other complaint isn’t even valid cause it was my own fault. Originally I felt that there was a scaling/difficulty issue, even on normal. But what it really came down to was that I saved all side content for post game because I had read prior to starting that you get a flying mount after the campaign, which made all the extra shit faster. That was kind of a mistake. The game gives you the freedom to play however you want, but it’s clear that the intended way was for you to knock out the side content as you unlock it. If I did that, then there would have never been any scaling issues, so it was self inflicted. Once I got to a certain point both in character level and weapon upgrades, then combat finally felt even and balanced. 

This was a complete upgrade from the first in every way except story, although the story was still great. It’s jus that the first has one of my favorite twists of all time and it’s hard to top that. I’d go into more details on that, but yall haven’t played this so it’s pointless lmao. But this has another extremely dope “coming full circle” twist to it that I really enjoyed, it jus didn’t hit quite the same as the first.

But yea, that’s pretty much all I got to say about that, loved every minute of the 75 hours I spent on this masterpiece and it’s bittersweet that I’m at the end of it, even as much time as I already spent on it. Looking forward to the DLC. 10/10 (SMD Rex. 🤣)

EDIT: One extra highlight I gotta point out is the TALLNECKS!! Yo they took something as trivial as a vantage tower and turned them into full blown mini missions/puzzles and the level design for each one was actually mad clever and creative. Instead of simply climbing to the top like you would in Assassin’s Creed, it was a whole process that was fun to figure out and solve. I only wish there were more of them because they were actually one of my favorite parts of the game. I could be wrong cause it’s been so long, but for some reason, I don’t remember them being that complex in the first game. From what I remember, you mainly jus had to search the area and find the highest point to jump off to reach the top, and there wasn’t as much of a puzzle aspect to them.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
    Also, started Immortals Fenyx Rising finally. Got 4 hours in so far and I’m really enjoying it already, love how quickly it opens up even as massive as the map is, which usually doesn’t happen in big open world games. I would say you’re into the main meat of the game after only 2-3 hours. This doesn’t feel like a Ubisoft game at all lol, which is good for them honestly. Hype to get further into this.
    Even tho I only gave out 2 10s out of everything I reviewed last year. 😐😐
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Overwatch straight up deleted 2 maps from the game because people hated them so much lmao holy shit
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Even tho I only gave out 2 10s out of everything I reviewed last year. 😐😐
    Aint even 2 10/10 games last year
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    You hate everything tho so.
    edited March 2022
    15 years too late, but new Harry Potter game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCxaCnGlTtI
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    15 years too late, but new Harry Potter game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCxaCnGlTtI
    It looks like a dream Harry Potter game tbh. But yeah, 15 years too late
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    Just finished 145 hour run through of FallOut 4 lmao ran through vanilla FallOut 4 plus all the DLCs which I've never played. Automatron was okay but Far Harbor and Nuka World were fucking lit. Got that 100% platinum trophy finally 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,781 jayfacer
    That makes 4 and New Vegas at 100% platinum runs. I have the platinum in 3 but only like 53% completion. No platinum in 76 and only at 25% overall. I know I can go clean up 3 and get the 100% but it scares me because that means to get the set I'd need to do 76 and I don't know if I wanna venture down that rabbit hole 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,720 mod
    Finished Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, now I have until September to get through the sequel. I started Pokemon Legends Arceus for now though.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,720 mod
    Demon Turf getting a Limited Run physical release for PS5 and Switch starting later today. I've heard a lot of good things about it.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I'll still play the fuck outta Hogwarts if it's good
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Dime2 said:
    That makes 4 and New Vegas at 100% platinum runs. I have the platinum in 3 but only like 53% completion. No platinum in 76 and only at 25% overall. I know I can go clean up 3 and get the 100% but it scares me because that means to get the set I'd need to do 76 and I don't know if I wanna venture down that rabbit hole 
    Got all the respect for y'all that dedicate to 100% runs, I don't have the patience. I'm pretty close with wild hunt but the only game I've gotten every achievement for is COD4
    Immortals Fenyx Rising bout to be my 69th Platinum. 😎