Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Idk ive been taking apart controllers since the n64 days. Those things were a bitch. 

If you dont mind taking them apart thats fine, but usually even a brand new controller out of the box has some stick drift. You find that out when you play with the deadzone settings. 

I usually adjust them when i first get a controller myself. 
    Tbh I didn't know you could adjust console controller setting independently of the console or specific games. Good to know
    edited March 2022
    Knock on wood, I've never had any first party controllers go bad. Had some third party controllers break on me. But even my NES controllers still work. 
    I went all of my life having never broken a controller, start living with my gf five years ago who likes to spill things and I've tossed at least two Xbox one controllers because the buttons got stuck in.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    Knock on wood, I've never had any first party controllers go bad. Had some third party controllers break on me. But even my NES controllers still work. 
    I went all of my life having never broken a controller, start living with my gf five years ago who likes to spill things and I've tossed at least two Xbox one controllers because the buttons got stuck in.
    I've spilled beer on a PS4 controller and fried it. But I've never broken one from use/never had stick drift. My PS3 controllers are feeling pretty worn though, and I'm debating replacing them. But they still work fine. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,701 jayfacer
    This is my 6th PS5 controller wit drift. Never had problems like this til now smh they’re made horrendously for $70 controllers.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,590 spicy boy
    edited March 2022
    Mine just sits on my desk mostly
    I need the new Kirby. Busy af this weekend though
    Got bored, made a Smurf rocket league account, and have only been playing driving backwards lmao. Still haven't lost a match
    Breath of the wild sequel just got delayed to next year. 
    Playstations new online tier service sucks. Much less value and costs more compared to Gamepass.
    No it doesn’t. The most expensive option comes out to $120 a year, so $10 a month. XGP is $15 a month minimum.

But yea it won’t have first day exclusives so it automatically loses by default lol.
    No it doesn’t. The most expensive option comes out to $120 a year, so $10 a month. XGP is $15 a month minimum.

But yea it won’t have first day exclusives so it automatically loses by default lol.

Xeno said:

Where are you getting $17.99 from? The 3 different subscriptions are $59.99 a year, $99.99 a year, and $119.99 a year.
    Game pass is only 10 a month if you are not getting xbox live, which im pretty sure MC does not get. 

i paid like $3 for 3 years of gamepass when xbox discontinued their xbox live on 360. 

I think that's what it was anyways. I cant remember how we did it but there was some promotion where you could get a year of 360 game pass on the cheap, and then it converted to regular game pass. 
    Game pass is only 10 a month if you are not getting xbox live, which im pretty sure MC does not get. 

XBL is included with Gamepass
    Its $15 a month for Gamepass Ultimate. $18 a month for PS's highest tier
    But also:

>no day-one first party releases
    >no third party collab like EA Play
    >only streaming to PC, no PC downloads
    >no mobile/phone streaming
    >no discounts on PS Store purchases
    >only streamed PS3, not downloadable
    >PS1 and PS2 games is cool, but they USED to be available in the PS Store, so they took a feature away to sell you a subscription service

Its literally just a rebranded and repriced Playstation Now. 
    I said that wrong.

but you can get xbox live without gamepass. Its not included. 10/month for xbox live. 15 for ultimate with gamepass. 

They are 10 bucks a piece if you buy them separate. 

Either way, cheaper than ps.