Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Im on a series X. I heard the pc version was buggy as hell so i stayed away from that one for now
    I wish this game had a quest log lol
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    edited March 2022
    I have one world/4 bosses left in Demon's Souls. Technically I already beat the "hardest/final" boss already (1-4, Old King Allant). But I saved the my favorite world for last - The Tower Of Latria. One of the best designed levels of any game ever. I'm excited to play through it again. Should be pretty easy, I'm overleveled and overgeared for this part. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    This is actually the first “souls” game ive ever played. 
    edited March 2022
    man microsoft has really shit the bed with Halo infinite. No new content for months. Same game modes, same maps. No weapons. Nothing. Now the coop has been delayed even further along with forge being delayed as well. 

Its a shame because the gameplay is solid, but its just not fun. i played it nearly every day for two months, but it got stale so fast. 

one of the more disappointing game launches of the last few years IMO, and thats really saying something. 
    They needed to delay it until this fall. The main story is good, and the levels are fun, but the open world was awfully executed. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    man microsoft has really shit the bed with Halo infinite. No new content for months. Same game modes, same maps. No weapons. Nothing. Now the coop has been delayed even further along with forge being delayed as well. 

Its a shame because the gameplay is solid, but its just not fun. i played it nearly every day for two months, but it got stale so fast. 

one of the more disappointing game launches of the last few years IMO, and thats really saying something. 
    Naw shit is hard.
    Pretty sure I only gave out 2 10s all 2021 but go off tho.
    edited March 2022
    Hate following up the previous post wit this but Goddamn Forbidden West might really be the hardest game of all time and I ain’t talkin difficulty lmao. 

Like Goddamn it jus continues to amaze and it’s one of those games that jus gets better and better the further you go along. I’m almost 40 hours in and prolly realistically got another 40 to go for the Platinum but it doesn’t even feel like I spent that long on it. It’s world is jus so easy to get lost in and sink into. 

My only complaint about it was honestly self inflicted. Cause I felt like it was too hard and that the scaling was bad, but I skipped most side content for now because I read that it’s faster and more straight forward to do it all post campaign, because you unlock a flying mount to fly straight to everything. But if I said fuck that and did all the side shit along the way as I unlocked it, I prolly woulda never had any problem wit the scaling. You can play however you want obviously, but I think it was moreso designed to be played like that instead. Now that I’m higher level wit great and upgraded equipment, the combat has felt so much better and fluid. So I shot myself in the foot by not doing the side shit as I went along and getting the extra levels.

Also, Ratchet And Clank still has the edge in that overall “WOW” factor graphically, but I also think that’s both because it was strictly PS5 and they didn’t care about making it work wit last gen hardware, and also because it has that Pixar art style, which is easier to make look impressive. But Forbidden West is easily the best looking “real life” graphics I’ve ever seen. And I feel like it had the potential to look better than Ratchet And Clank if they released it solely on PS5. The lip and facial animations during speech alone are the best I’ve ever seen in a game. It’s still not 100% quite there as far as photorealism, but it’s the most believable it’s ever looked. The game as a whole is fucking stunning tho and what really blows my mind is how massive the world is and yet it still runs without a hiccup 99% of the time. The once in a blue moon graphical bug is extra noticeable due to how fucking flawless the game otherwise runs, so that’s a tiny bit disappointing, but overall this shit is an incredible technological milestone.

It’s crazy because I was watching footage of HZD a few days ago, and at the time when I first played it, it was one of the best looking games I had ever seen up to that point, and it still stands up as one of the best looking PS4 games ever, but that footage was STILL lookin kinda rough and stiff in comparison to Forbidden West. Everybody said it wasn’t much of a graphical jump this gen, myself included, but Goddamn it really actually was lmao. It was jus all in the fine details and nuances.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Made it to champion in doubles, triples, and rumble in Rocket league this season
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Finished Demon's Souls today. Still holds up. Great game. Gonna try Dark Souls and Bloodborne again.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Wwe 2k22 is actually not bad. Im happy it isn’t a piece of shit like 20 was and actually plays good. 
    Wwe 2k22 is actually not bad. Im happy it isn’t a piece of shit like 20 was and actually plays good. 
    Better or worse than 2K19? Cause 19 was actually solid. I was definitely holdin off on this one til reviews started rollin in after the steaming pile of dogshit 2K20 was lmao. Even if it’s decent I’m still prolly waiting for a sale tho cause these always inevitably drop to like $30 within the first 3 months lmao.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2022
    Made it to champion in doubles, triples, and rumble in Rocket league this season
    I only take dubs seriously. Stuck right at the stop of D1, when it matches me against low D2 players to promote me on the win I always lose
    Thinking I'm at the point where I have to try and learn some of the fancier shit if I'm gonna keep climbing
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I don't even know how to do all that stuff. I tried to learn n I'm like I'm too old for this shit.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Better or worse than 2K19? Cause 19 was actually solid. I was definitely holdin off on this one til reviews started rollin in after the steaming pile of dogshit 2K20 was lmao. Even if it’s decent I’m still prolly waiting for a sale tho cause these always inevitably drop to like $30 within the first 3 months lmao.
    I would say it’s on par with 19. It’s pretty smooth and it definitely feels faster and they move how wrestlers move on tv which is nice. They definitely revamped the fighting and grappling system. It’s combos now like a fighting game. Have a heavy, light, and grab attack and then you can mix those up to do combos. It’s definitely different but enjoyable. 
    I don't even know how to do all that stuff. I tried to learn n I'm like I'm too old for this shit.
    Lmao that's how I feel. It's crazy to me that I play now how the pros were when I first started playing the game
    TMNT Cowabunga Collection though!