Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Finished Forbidden West main campaign last night at 50 hours flat. Yea that shit is game of the fucking century. Got a wayyyys to go for side shit and the Platinum so will review more thoroughly when that’s finished.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    TMNT Cowabunga Collection though!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-78FD9xvc0
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Man elden ring is the best game i have played in i dont even remember how long. I am so hooked on that shit. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Finished Demon's Souls today. Still holds up. Great game. Gonna try Dark Souls and Bloodborne again.
    Just started this yesterday, it's soooo good. The only from software games I've played were sekiro and a little bit of the first dark souls on 360. But I've played thru both niohs so Its not super hard yet
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Finished Demon's Souls today. Still holds up. Great game. Gonna try Dark Souls and Bloodborne again.
    Just started this yesterday, it's soooo good. The only from software games I've played were sekiro and a little bit of the first dark souls on 360. But I've played thru both niohs so Its not super hard yet
    Demons Souls is the best. It just feels special to me compared to Dark Souls - which I still like. But not the same.
    Bloodborne was my jam
    i will probably go back and try bloodborne. Idk if ill try the souls games. Maybe the remake. 

Honestly i should have played those games before elden ring because that game is so good idk if i can go to a linear game lol
    Finished Forbidden West main campaign last night at 50 hours flat. Yea that shit is game of the fucking century. Got a wayyyys to go for side shit and the Platinum so will review more thoroughly when that’s finished.
    i kind of feel bad for this game lol. im sure its great. I liked the first one, but didn't think it was nearly as great as everyone said. The story was good, but i did not like the combat. 

Its probably not going to get the accolades it deserves though just because of the timing of the release. 

Elden ring has basically wrapped up GOTY talks already. Ill be pleasantly surprised if anything drops that's 75% percent of this game. 
    Im going to get Elden Ring eventually, but I feel like the open world is going to turn me off greatly
    i know you are really apprehensive about it. But this one is really well executed. I normally wouldn't like games without a quest log, but i almost don't even notice it.

I spent the first 10-15 hours just running around basically. The world is so full of life and different enemies. Every time i think i discovered everything in an area, i find a new nook or cranny where something is. the world is probably the best part about the game. That and the variety of enemies and biomes. 

Shit i hardly even know whats going on with the story lol. Yesterday i spent like an hour and a 1/2 farming runes, and it wasn't even boring lol. I couldn't stop thinking about what i would do with them lol. I am fucking super hooked. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    i know you are really apprehensive about it. But this one is really well executed. I normally wouldn't like games without a quest log, but i almost don't even notice it.

I spent the first 10-15 hours just running around basically. The world is so full of life and different enemies. Every time i think i discovered everything in an area, i find a new nook or cranny where something is. the world is probably the best part about the game. That and the variety of enemies and biomes. 

Shit i hardly even know whats going on with the story lol. Yesterday i spent like an hour and a 1/2 farming runes, and it wasn't even boring lol. I couldn't stop thinking about what i would do with them lol. I am fucking super hooked. 
    MC already won't play it because at 10-15 hours he wants to be done with the game
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Im going to get Elden Ring eventually, but I feel like the open world is going to turn me off greatly
    It isn't a Halo Infinite open world
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-78FD9xvc0
    Missed this somehow. This looks fucking sick I'm definitely buying this
    Xeno said:

MC already won't play it because at 10-15 hours he wants to be done with the game
    honestly, most of the time, yea. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    edited March 2022
    i kind of feel bad for this game lol. im sure its great. I liked the first one, but didn't think it was nearly as great as everyone said. The story was good, but i did not like the combat. 

Its probably not going to get the accolades it deserves though just because of the timing of the release. 

Elden ring has basically wrapped up GOTY talks already. Ill be pleasantly surprised if anything drops that's 75% percent of this game. 
    Yea sadly. In his mini review, Dunkey said that the 2 Horizon games will forever be known as the games that both came out a week before Breath Of The Wild and Elden Ring. Crazy cause I didn’t even realize it til he brought that up but it’s a tough spot to be in. I don’t feel bad for them tho really, the game will still be a success. First game sold 20+ million copies and I’m sure this one will do the same if not better. As far as GOTY talks, yea they’ll prolly get fucked by Elden Ring, but I also wouldn’t be surprised at all if it still wins GOTY over Elden Ring from certain outlets. Shit is a fucking master class tho. 60 hours in and it’s still blowing my mind every time I play it.

Idk if I’ll even touch Elden Ring. The rave reviews are drawing me in hard as fuck but then I’m also hearing it’s the hardest Souls game yet and the difficulty is already why I avoided all the other ones lmao. Idk if I wanna stomach 70+ hours of rage.
    Idk about the hardest souls game ever. Im a level 107 or something like that. You can farm ruins so if you feel weak go do that for a bit and youll be good. 

I still get one hit a lot, but you get used to it. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Definitely not the hardest souls game. It’s probably the easiest soul style game they’ve made. Not saying it isn’t hard cause it will fuck you but it’s not as punishing as their older games