Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,700 jayfacer
    Nvm, next game will actually be Guardians Of The Galaxy. Reading it can be Platinum’d in as short as 20-25 hours, whereas Immortals Fenyx Rising will be a 50 hour minimum open world grind like Far Cry 6. Which is fine, but like I said, I’m tryna play Horizon Forbidden West ASAP after it drops on Friday, so I could easily finish GOTG by the end of this week, Monday the latest, then hop right into HFW afterwards. Then I’ll jus play IFR once that’s done.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    >born 1920
    >fought in WWI?

COD is so fucking dumb lol

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,589 spicy boy
    Man eft is such an intense game. I got out of my first couple raids today and i cheered out loud lol .
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    >born 1920
    >fought in WWI?

Vanguard is a WWII game not WWI lol

Lots of actually dumb things to make fun of bud
    Xeno said:
    >born 1920
    >fought in WWI?

Vanguard is a WWII game not WWI lol

Lots of actually dumb things to make fun of bud
    In the description it says "he fought in WWI" AND "drove tanks in WWII"
    edited February 2022
    Naw MC is right lol. World War 1 was 1914-1918. How did he fight in it if he was born 1920?? Somebody fucked up lmao. Most likely jus a typo but still.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,280 mod
    Man eft is such an intense game. I got out of my first couple raids today and i cheered out loud lol .
    Until you get one tapped by someone you can’t see

Didn't know it was about the description typo lol, wasn't full sizing it to read that

Finished that shit. It was definitely a grind and longer to complete than a COD battle pass, but like I said, considering the season is realistically 6 months long, it’s not bad at all. Also, wit double XP tokens, I was getting 5-6 levels in an hour wit every token, so that sped it up by a LOT. And I still got like 28 double XP tokens left and didn’t buy a single one lmao. The fact that it stays 1000 XP per level and never scales up helps a lot too. Overall had a blast wit the multiplayer and can’t wait to see what’s added in season 2. I’m hoping a good 4-6 maps are released when it drops. Still also gotta complete all weekly challenges the next 2 times they do the Tenrai event before the season ends to get all 30 rewards. I missed the first 2 so this most recent 3rd week was the first one I was able to complete. But they’re doing it 3 more times before season’s end so I’m good.
    Used copy of Cyberpunk 2077 was on sale for $13 at GameStop so I finally copped lol. They jus dropped that next gen 50GB patch for PS5 which is what I was waiting on so it’s about that time. It’ll still be a while before I get to it cause of my backlog tho.
    Also, copped Overwatch used for $20. I had actually never played it even once until today. My squad used to play it heavy as fuck back when it first came out, before they got into COD. I wasn’t really playin multiplayer back then tho. So since mfs got tired of Vanguard, they started playing Overwatch again for a change of pace. Woulda moved over to Halo Infinite, but one of em don’t have an Xbox lol. So I decided to grab Overwatch so I could join em. Was low risk anyways since it’s cheap now. 

So far I’m likin it, definitely it’s own separate thing entirely as far as shooters go and a lot to get used to, but definitely something different to throw into the multiplayer rotation.
    Wow Splitgate is actually fire lmao. Finally tried it. It’s definitely a Halo clone but it works as it’s own thing too wit the added portal mechanics. It feels low budget in some ways for sure but hey, it’s a free game, plus it’s still technically in beta stage. I’d say the biggest issue right now is audio. The announcer doesn’t shut the fuck up and literally talks nonstop and it gets annoying as fuck like immediately lmao. So I turned it off but then the game is damn near completely silent, making it feel dead. Keepin an eye on this game for sure tho. It’s already fun as is, and the blueprint is there for a GREAT game if they do the updates correctly.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Also, copped Overwatch used for $20. I had actually never played it even once until today. My squad used to play it heavy as fuck back when it first came out, before they got into COD. I wasn’t really playin multiplayer back then tho. So since mfs got tired of Vanguard, they started playing Overwatch again for a change of pace. Woulda moved over to Halo Infinite, but one of em don’t have an Xbox lol. So I decided to grab Overwatch so I could join em. Was low risk anyways since it’s cheap now. 

So far I’m likin it, definitely it’s own separate thing entirely as far as shooters go and a lot to get used to, but definitely something different to throw into the multiplayer rotation.
    You don't want the smoke
    Got vanguard on sale because Activision purposely broke Modern Warfare with the last update. Multiplayer Map design is hot garbage. Campaign looks pretty but is basically an on-rails shooter where the game bugs out when you try to take point on the objective. Still gonna play it because it's my only source for precious hardcore search and destroy.
    Also tried out Infinite's multiplayer and it wasn't bad but generally prefer Splitgate for that style of shooter

You don't want the smoke
    You right lmao I’m trash as fuck, I’m still trying out all the characters and tryna figure out who I’m even good at. So far I did best wit D.Va and another tank that’s a robot, can’t remember the name right now.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    It's a fun game, especially if you have a squad to play with. I think 99% of the frustration with the game comes from playing with randos because it's almost impossible to carry a game by yourself. So if your team sucks its just an automatic L and it's not even fun.

Roadhog is fun if you like playing tank. 
    Been addicted to Demons Souls. The PS5 version is really good too. 
    Hit a deathless game on fucking Shipment, no camping. Reason the kills are kinda low is cause the score limit is 75 on TDM so that shit ended in literally like 90 seconds. But I rapidly went 10-0 and got dogs and Flamenaut and then nobody could kill the Flamenaut before the game ended lmao. Faggot said he was reporting me for hacking. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's a fun game, especially if you have a squad to play with. I think 99% of the frustration with the game comes from playing with randos because it's almost impossible to carry a game by yourself. So if your team sucks its just an automatic L and it's not even fun.

Roadhog is fun if you like playing tank. 
    Yea I was getting fucked up by Roadhog’s grapple thing repeatedly lmao still gotta try him myself.