Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    the difference is Roosevelt had germany rofl stomping europe as a reason to want to go to war. bush on the other hand....
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Rofl Stomping
    Lawl

• Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    "like i said
    to each his own
    i can believe whatever i want"
    You can believe what you want, and I support that, but just be realistic about it. If the government is so powerful that they could pull off the 911 conspiracy, how would a security camera tape, in control of the government, get out to the public?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "the difference is Roosevelt had germany rofl stomping europe"

Haha, nice.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    i cant answer that
    just like i cant say with certainty that they had it happen or not
    its just a thought in my head
    imageimage
    Alright, I can accept that. I just can't stand when people try to glorify that Loose Change video, as if it's real.
    its just something to make you think
    imageimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2010
    "This is what pisses me off about Republicans. I feel everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, but they're just so damn closed minded."

I think this is more of a problem amongst liberals than conservatives...

"My position is not purely a matter of fault, it's ethical as well, but I'll set that aside for now. I do not believe, in certain circumstances, that the specific homeless person is at fault because their environment during their youth and adolescence did not direct them towards success. I believe it's difficult for you to understand this due to the fact that you grew up in an environment that was beneficial to you."

And what about all the people who grew up in bad conditions, yet go on to be highly successful? It's not the environment that stops you, it's your own self."

There's a reason why this doesn't happen often. Yes, self discipline and drive can help you, but it's not a motivating factor, nor does it work often. Do you truly believe that poor people are poor because they're lazy, and rich people are rich because they work hard?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Not all people are rich because they work hard, nor are poor people poor because they're lazy. But the homeless could work hard, and at the least, have a place to stay, and a part-time job.
    the homeless should be the most motivated
    imageimage
    a part time job can't get you jack shit in the real world, maybe a McDouble and a tank of gas but that's about it
    "the homeless should be the most motivated"
    Absolutely.

"a part time job can't get you jack shit in the real world, maybe a McDouble and a tank of gas but that's about it"
    You and Judy have a home, and you both work at McDonalds.
    "Not all people are rich because they work hard, nor are poor people poor because they're lazy. But the homeless could work hard, and at the least, have a place to stay, and a part-time job."

You need an address and a phone to apply for a job man. It should be common knowledge, we've all grown up with that.
    ""the homeless should be the most motivated"
    Absolutely."

I agree, they should be motivated, but being motivated isn't all, or even much of the puzzle.
  • HeroOfWarHeroOfWar Posts: 95
    And what about all the people who grew up in bad conditions, yet go on to be highly successful? It's not the environment that stops you, it's your own self.

I pretty much agree with you here, but i also think there's a fine line. My mom went to college and got a dregree in business. However, then she got pregnant and was never able to use her degree. Due to that, i haven't grown up in the best situation. I know it could be better if my parents cut down on things that aren't needed. They drink, smoke bud, and my mom smokes cigaretts. Without those we would for sure be better off, but that's not how things are. I see this bill from below the poverty line, and from down here it looks amazing, but i also understand why so many completely hate it.
    being motivated has so much to do with it bro
    imageimage
    And when they had an address and a phone to put down on the application, they should have done that. And why don't they seek the government agencies that are there for them?
    we don't work some 20 odd hours a week. were both pulling 40 with me going into overtime on a weekly basis
    When I said part time job, I meant something along the lines of fast food, cashier at a grocery store, ect. Job type, not necessarily the amount of hours.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ape, I was just kidding lol. I have no opinion on this because I don't know enough about it, nor do I want to.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG