Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well guess what Ape, YOU ARE FUCKING WRONG
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Once again, I think it's a good bill but it does need some editing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ""I don't think there's much more I can say to help you understand my position. I just would like to hope that someday you understand."
    Give me an example of how it is not their fault they are homeless."

My position is not purely a matter of fault, it's ethical as well, but I'll set that aside for now. I do not believe, in certain circumstances, that the specific homeless person is at fault because their environment during their youth and adolescence did not direct them towards success. I believe it's difficult for you to understand this due to the fact that you grew up in an environment that was beneficial to you.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2010
    "The US isn't creating a healthcare system that is similar to Canada, ect. Those countries have hospitals and doctors that are run just like the Police and Fire Department are here. What the US is implementing, is a national health insurance policy."

This is what I would like to think as a first step towards a government run health care system such as the one Canada and many other countries have set up. That's why I addressed it as a full health care system, because I really doubt it will stop here.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I prefer the red variation of Mountain Dew Game Fuel, it has a much more satisfying flavor that is reminiscent of gummy worms.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    I had a physical address, (Shane's moms house). I didn't want to be a burden on them so I lived in my car. I didn't want handouts from them or anyone so I did it the hard way. I made sure to be clean and showered everyday for work and worked my ass off. Now w/ my leg I'm just fucked. It's a lot harder having to accept the factor that cause of being over a year of not walking, I have to accept that if it's not helped soon enough, I'm never walking again.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Everyone is going to share different opinions on this. No one is going to sway any person to one side or the other that is set in their ways. The bill is signed and about ready to be applied. We will just have to see what happens at this point. "

No application till 2014, but I disagree about the swaying opinions. This is such an important matter, that if Magson right now delivered an unbeatable opinion upon this issue, I would have to agree with him...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    If that's what you believe brian then that's fine by me.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    "If I got cancer, is it my fault? It is sometimes considered a pre-existing condition."
    If you have health insurance before getting cancer, then you won't have a problem. It shouldn't be considered a pre-existing condition, and that should be changed, imo. Unless you smoke, and get lung cancer, and other examples as such. That's just your fault.
    For $125 a year, my dog can get full health insurance (dental, xrays, surgeries). Pretty sad that my dog can get better health insurance than I can.
    "Yeah I know that, but that seems to be what everyone is afraid of. So I figured I would address that."
    I'm OK with Canada's healthcare. If it's run right, then OK. But this bill is not being done right.

"My position is not purely a matter of fault, it's ethical as well, but I'll set that aside for now. I do not believe, in certain circumstances, that the specific homeless person is at fault because their environment during their youth and adolescence did not direct them towards success. I believe it's difficult for you to understand this due to the fact that you grew up in an environment that was beneficial to you."
    And what about all the people who grew up in bad conditions, yet go on to be highly successful? It's not the environment that stops you, it's your own self.
    " If you have health insurance before getting cancer, then you won't have a problem. It shouldn't be considered a pre-existing condition, and that should be changed, imo. Unless you smoke, and get lung cancer, and other examples as such. That's just your fault."

My Grandpa got lung cancer and it wasn't from smoking.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    brian im totally with you
    plus red is horde and blue is alliance
    ill only drink red
    right on *e five*

and arlo im not the only one that believes that there is something the government is hiding
    imageimage
    The bad environment delays your success. It's a lot harder to get started on your feet when you're a run away from a bad situation and have to start w/ nothing rather than a kid who's 18, and has assistance from parents and a job before they leave their parents nest.
    "My Grandpa got lung cancer and it wasn't from smoking."
    Then it's not his fault, is it?

"The bad environment delays your success. It's a lot harder to get started on your feet when you're a run away from a bad situation and have to start w/ nothing rather than a kid who's 18, and has assistance from parents and a job before they leave their parents nest."
    Yes. And you prove that people can, in fact, overcome it if they put forth the effort.
    This is what pisses me off about Republicans. I feel everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, but they're just so damn closed minded.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "and arlo im not the only one that believes that there is something the government is hiding"

Well yeah I understand that you are not making these conspiracies up yourself. Which ones have you been looking into?
    Mike: Do you think that liberals are any different?
    I think liberals are more realistic, yes.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Magson: even if you put forth the effort, all the odds are against you. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't