Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    On the subject about pre-existing conditions. Insurance companies will also drop you if you happen to develope a serious health condition such as cancer while under their insurance. They say you are too costly. I've seen this shit happen before. So when they drop you, what are you supposed to do? No other insurance company will want to insure you because of your *pre-existing condition*.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited March 2010
    ^ very good point
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I FUCKING HATE that preexisting condition bullshit

That's the reason my family is having such a shitty time getting insurance.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "being motivated has so much to do with it bro"
    I want to be successful. I am so motivated to end some of the shit I go through every day and travel. I have all of the support to do just that. It won't happen.

"And when they had an address and a phone to put down on the application, they should have done that. And why don't they seek the government agencies that are there for them?"

Let's take Judy's story example. She was under 18, and decided to leave home due to the fact that she wasn't comfortable or safe in the situation she was living. She managed to get a job due to Shane's mom. Without Shane's mom, she couldn't get a job. Don't try and say that any homeless man can just walk into their local McDonalds and get a job there. I am unfamiliar with the government agencies and the work they do there, so I can't objectively offer an opinion on the matter.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    wine it can happen
    imageimage
    W/out his mom I could of found a job. No employer really asks for physical proof of address, just an ID, social security, and BC. I got on my feet a lil before I met his mom. Just gotta figure out your situation and solve it. It's all it comes down to. There are also PO Boxes. - Judy
    PO Boxes cost money. When you're homeless, everything goes to survival in the short term.
    Does the ID have to be government issued? Because you can't get a government issued ID without an address.
    Homeless Shelters will provide you w/ proof of income of living there if necessary.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited March 2010
    "I think liberals are more realistic, yes."

Not calling you out specifically, Mike, or anyone else, but this is what's fucked up about our government and to some extent, our country. Everything is a polarized competition where two groups of men act like idiots and even stoop to the first grade tactic of name calling (baby killer, anyone?). Wow, way to represent America, guys. And if people think Bush or Obama alone are responsible for this mess, they are blind, this hole America has dug was started a long time ago. Bush alone is not responsible for this economy going down the tubes.

And while I support people getting health care and all that, this bill is just not the right way to fix it. It is a temporary bandage on a problem that this bill is not going to eliminate anytime soon. I agree with a lot of what Ape said.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Bush has become the scapegoat for several of America's problems. While I don't agree with a lot of the things he did to our country, he's not the sole person to blame.
    he is 100% responsible for the Disaster that is the AFGHANISTAN war
    Yeah, because the Middle East and the United States were best buds when he took office. Come on, wake up.
    No, you can blame post-9/11 nationalism for that. I blame Carter and Reagan for the modern mess that has overtaken Afghanistan. It saddens me so much that such a great culture is overshadowed by ignorance.
    the afgan war is Veitman v2.0. no plan as how to win and no end in sight
    There's a plan to win, it just won't work. Fighting a war in Afghanistan isn't like fighting a war in Europe, or even Vietnam. It's called the graveyard of empires for a reason.
    Obama's not exactly a saint in all this either. Sure, troops are coming out, but there are still some going in.
    I consider the withdrawal from Iraq progress. I'd prefer to be warless at a time like this, but I'll settle for one over two. I think the war in Afghanistan certainly is more justified than Iraq ever was.
    instead of starting a second war those 160000 troops should have been put in Afghanistan and re stabilize the country, now the power of the government extends about 40 miles past the capital and warlords run the rest. we fucked up hardcore on that country
    "instead of starting a second war those 160000 troops should have been put in Afghanistan and re stabilize the country, now the power of the government extends about 40 miles past the capital and warlords run the rest. we fucked up hardcore on that country "

Believe me, those 160,000 troops might not have done much better in Afghanistan. We had our shot at re-stabalizing that country when we had a common enemy, but instead we left them high and dry.