Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    "No, but I don't believe we will ever have a bill that is the most efficient way to fix healthcare, and make sense economically and socially in the way you describe."

True, but this isn't even close. Like I said, it's a bandage, a stopgap.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2010
    "No, but I don't believe we will ever have a bill that is the most efficient way to fix healthcare, and make sense economically and socially in the way you describe."

I think that it is possible, but I don't think the government would want that. It would be nice for that to happen, but as long as there is money involved that they could get from the people, they're going to get it. It's all bullshit which is why I hate politics
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    It's true, like I have said before, the government creates a polarized competition....even if a piece of legislation is perfect to one party, the other will bitch and find things wrong with it and change it.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "I think that it is possible, but I don't think the government would want that"

I sincerely believe the government is a beneficial force in society, so I think they'd love it. They will be getting plenty of cash out of this in the long term regardless.

"True, but this isn't even close. Like I said, it's a bandage, a stopgap...."

As a bleeding heart, I'll take a bandage and try and fix it again later than let it bleed and take forever.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Then you made a wrong choice somewhere along the way in life. Or you're just not trying hard enough to better yourself and your situation. You know who is paying for this bill. Me and every other tax payer. And you know what I get enough of my check taken for taxes and I'm not willing to pay up for others. Call the greed I don't give a shit. I don't make a lot of money but I make right choices with my money and my time to be able to afford health care and other things i want. And if others can't get off their asses and get it tough luck.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited March 2010
    "I sincerely believe the government is a beneficial force in society, so I think they'd love it. They will be getting plenty of cash out of this in the long term regardless."

The government CAN be a beneficial force to the people, but I don't think they'd love doing it right. Yeah, they'd get cash out if it in the long run but they are the greediest fucks around. They want their..well..your cash now.
    imageimage
    I disagree with you, and I don't see any way I can discuss this further without going in circles.

"Me and every other tax payer."

I can't stand this. We are a society. Everyone can't stand taxes until the government does something for you. Just because you aren't the primary benefiting party in this plan, doesn't mean it shouldn't pass. Why aren't you protesting other things then if you don't see any return from it? Why pay taxes at all?
    edited March 2010
    That's all politics are, arguments going in circles...which is why I never get into it but I'm bored at the moment <_>
    imageimage
    "That's all politics are, arguments going in circles...which is why I never get into it but I'm bored at the moment <_>"

You can win political arguments, watch that video in the marijuana thread, the guy gets crucified in about 3 minutes.
    Sometimes yes, you just have to know facts. But a lot of people don't, which is where that continuous circle comes into play. I admit that I don't know a whole bunch of facts, but I know enough.
    imageimage
    Did I say everything my taxes go into I don't agree with? Huh,did I? No! So to generalize and lump everything in on that is a pretty lame move. Why do you think I argue so
    much on this bill because my money is being spent in a way I don't want it to be and being put further into debt.

There are other things I don't agree with. Like the war for example. Guess what more debt from that. But why do you see me not protesting that right now? Because this isn't a fucking thread about war.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I wasn't speaking about you personally. What do you think we should be spending our money on?
    Fixing the economy first. Gettig out of the massive debt and making more jobs
    I think the making more jobs is always a side effect of doing something else. I think the best way to do that is to invest in infrastructure and education. Once there are more jobs, the economy will follow suit. I think the current economic state is more of a hangover now. People are so afraid, they won't spend money.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    just make weed and tax it....its our number 3 cash crop and its fucking illegal
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    make weed legal*