Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    the shortest projection i've seen of us being out of Afghanistan is 10 more years
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    We'll never be completely out....those days of isolationism are long gone.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It depends on what their goal is.

If they mean total and complete stabalization, we'll be there for a loooooooooong time.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    people don;t want to admit it but Iraq was a stable country under saddam, a tyrant yes but the man had control
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    Ya, Iraq was fine as it was. And Bush decided to invade it anyways. The first time the US has ever attacked a country before they attacked us. And they didn't even show any signs of preparing to attack us....
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    And to return to the thread subject..... The Senate sent the bill back to the House, because of flaws in the wording. Senate ftw
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    we allready have obamacare in mass and it sucks ass. i went from paying small copayments for dr appoitment to having a $3500 deductable before the insurance touches anything. I have $4000 in debt that is just from healthcare
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited March 2010
    "Not calling you out specifically, Mike, or anyone else, but this is what's fucked up about our government and to some extent, our country. Everything is a polarized competition where two groups of men act like idiots and even stoop to the first grade tactic of name calling (baby killer, anyone?). Wow, way to represent America, guys. And if people think Bush or Obama alone are responsible for this mess, they are blind, this hole America has dug was started a long time ago. Bush alone is not responsible for this economy going down the tubes."

I agree with you 100% that our problems started way before Bush. But we indeed had a surplus before Bush. Now look.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    None of the Obamacare provisions will be in place before 2014. By then the American people will have voted his dumb ass right out of office and have repealed the law.
    This stupid package places an additional 400 billion dollars in taxes at the insurance companies feet. You really think premiums ain't going up? The drug companies also have additional tax burdens placed on them. Drug prices not going up? Please. Anybody notice a pattern.
    I work for an insurance company(just work comp and general liability for doctors, etc.) and these additional taxes will place enough burden on my company that I will more than likely become unemployed. There's another "benefit" the politicians haven't disclosed.
    When election time rolls around again any incumbent should start looking for a new job as I, like millions of others, vote your stupid asses out of office.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "people don;t want to admit it but Iraq was a stable country under saddam, a tyrant yes but the man had control"

Have you ever heard of what they call the "J Curve Effect"? I mean in politics not in economics.

"None of the Obamacare provisions will be in place before 2014. By then the American people will have voted his dumb ass right out of office and have repealed the law."

You will be disappointed come 2012.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I hope not, wine. It would be really sad if the American voters re-elect Nobama.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    If voters elected Bush for a 2nd term, they will most likely elect Obama for a 2nd term. Better him than say...Sarah Palin..
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    "I'm fully with Shane on this one, this is a very good thing for the country. "

it would be a good thing if the bill wasn't written out so that the goverment gets to control even more of our money....the bill is horrible its going to hurt way more people than its going to help
    "If voters elected Bush for a 2nd term, they will most likely elect Obama for a 2nd term. Better him than say...Sarah Palin.."

bush was elected a second term because he manipulated all the churches to get his vote
    Bush was elected to a second term simply because the Democrats didn't have a candidate that could defeat him. Simple as that. No conspiracies, no manipulations, no excuses.
    I agree that Sarah Palin is not electable. The best candidate the Republicans had in '08 withdrew from the race, Fred Thompson. I don't feel that the American people will re-elect Obama, but I've been wrong before.
    that was part of the reason....but the main reason was his brainwashing of all the churches....and church people
    Ron Paul.... <_>

But anyway, without a good Republican candidate that the GOP can get behind, it's Obama's race to lose.
    ^you know his wife has the largest staff ever for a first lady....like 2 or 3 times the size of the last 2-3 administration's combined.....all those people getting paid government money to work for the first lady....wtf does she do thats so important that she needs that many people
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    If ron paul runs next election he def. has my vote.

The church people have been voting republican long before bush, he didnt brainwash anything just kept it going
    "you know his wife has the largest staff ever for a first lady....like 2 or 3 times the size of the last 2-3 administration's combined.....all those people getting paid government money to work for the first lady....wtf does she do thats so important that she needs that many people"

Michelle Obama is the most publicized first lady we've had since Jackie Kennedy, and with the media the way it is today....