Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    How about making it possible for EVERYONE to buy health insurance? I wasn't able to get any through my employers before my leg issue and now I can't even choose to buy it.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    And how am butt hurt? You make no sense. I gave my feelings on all this when I was asked in another thread to elaborate. Just because you don't have a good enough response to that doesn't mean i am the one who is butt hurt just means you're a jackass for not having a logical statement to come back at me with just " lol apes butthurt"
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    "I'm tired of handouts in this country people are getting
    more and more lazy because they can manipulate the system and get money out of the government. And as this happens we go into debt more. All this handout shit needs to
    end no obamacare. No welfare, no unemployment for ridiculous amounts of time. I may be alone on this but I don't give a fuck. I have a sense of pride and I'm
    not a lazy fuck I do what I have to to survive and get by others can do the same."

While I will admit, Obama has caused extra debt, blame Bush for the debt. Dumbass cuts taxes as we go into a war. We had a fucking SURPLUS when he took office.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "I'm tired of handouts in this country people are getting
    more and more lazy because they can manipulate the system and get money out of the government. And as this happens we go into debt more. All this handout shit needs to
    end no obamacare. No welfare, no unemployment for ridiculous amounts of time. I may be alone on this but I don't give a fuck. I have a sense of pride and I'm
    not a lazy fuck I do what I have to to survive and get by others can do the same."

I spy a fiscal conservative. This "handout shit" is a form of charity. We do what we can to help our poor. Where there are people doing good things, there are people doing bad things as well, such as living off welfare. I think it serves the greater good in the end, but I understand the frustration. I'm working, they're not, why are they living the same as me?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Yes but what about for the people that ARE working and still can't afford insurance?
    Mike I wasn't blaming Obama he is just adding to it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I know you weren't, I was just throwing it out there.
    It they are working they can afford it it's not that bad. I have a friend that didn't have insurance for the longest time did some research and now pays 60 a month. I don't think 15 a week is a far stretch to afford and if it is find a better job. Or make better lifestyle choices because you're obviously not doing something right
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    or stop getting sick/hurt
    imageimage
    edited March 2010
    Also, in most states if you have a car it's required to have insurance. Isn't this similar?
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Car insurance is state mandated.
    It they are working they can afford it it's not that bad. I have a friend that didn't have insurance for the longest time did some research and now pays 60 a month. I don't think 15 a week is a far stretch to afford and if it is find a better job. Or make better lifestyle choices because you're obviously not doing something right

I am working. I can afford 60 a month easily (and hey, I work at McDonalds crippled). I just can't find anyone that will take me in for insurance because of the expense I will cause w/ my prior injury. What should be illegal is the factor that I busted my ass all my life, worked 60 hours or more since I was 18, and now that I'm crippled, health insurances have the right to deny me.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Well they will no longer have the right to deny you due to pre-existing conditions. That's one good thing about health care reform.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    When you drive a car, you put others at risk. Therefore it protects the rights of others by forcing you to have car insurance. Health insurance has no effect on someone else if you have it.
    I will agree Judy that you deserve it and hopefully this will help you but at the same
    time you're in the minority.
    I can either choose to A, refuse to pay my taxes, have the IRS knocking at my door, lock me up, and live in jail w/ doctors there. or B, have a bastard child, get medicaid, and have the goverment pay for my child. Sadly, I went to social services and those were the options they gave me if I wanted to walk again.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    "Well they will no longer have the right to deny you due to pre-existing conditions. That's one good thing about health care reform."
    I support denying people based on pre-existing conditions. If you break your leg, now you can go buy health insurance, THEN have it fixed. Then stop paying for health insurance. Great system there.