Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The healthcare reform debate thread

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    not enough time to type why this bill sucks and proves obama is a liar......some day every one will see
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "When you drive a car, you put others at risk. Therefore it protects the rights of others by forcing you to have car insurance. Health insurance has no effect on someone else if you have it."

It pays money to be vaccinated for many diseases, the same logic works.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    "not enough time to type why this bill sucks and proves obama is a liar......some day every one will see"

I'm patient. Fill me in.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "not enough time to type why this bill sucks and proves obama is a liar......some day every one will see"
    someday......someday......sadly we will too. and we'll be part of the disaster
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I've had this same argument with my brother. He says I want this to
    go through so I can have health insurance for me and my wife otherwise it's 200 a month which we cannot afford. I kindly pointed out they both smoke a pack cigs a day. Now let's say a pack of cigs is 3 bucks ( I know it's more now especially in Ohio) and you multiply by 30 that's 90 bucks times two is 180. Hey look there they about have enough for their insurance. Point is if people make the right choices they can afford their own shit.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    I moved down here and when I did, my health insurance from my other job ended, My other job wouldn't give me health insurance till 6 months in. I reached 5 and half months in and got injured Nov-March 13 so I just made the deadline on having health insurance to get fixed. If they make it whree you can have affordable health insurance and that it can trasfer if you move/switch jobs or some sort of plan like that, it'll be good.
    "Point is if people make the right choices they can afford their own shit."

The kindest homeless people here in Berkeley never had that opportunity. They shouldn't have to suffer because some guy back east smokes.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    a pack of ciggs is 3 bucks?!
    here its almost 8!!!!
    imageimage
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    "It pays money to be vaccinated for many diseases, the same logic works."
    If you want the vaccination, you can pay to get it. And if you're vaccinated, why does it matter if someone else has the disease? You won't catch it.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    In Michigan they're usually between 5-7 bucks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I don't smoke, rarely drink, don't have any outside expenses other than house repairs and car expenses and I still can't afford health care w/out assistance.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    What Mike said

"The kindest homeless people here in Berkeley never had that opportunity. They shouldn't have to suffer because some guy back east smokes."
    They obviously made the wrong decisions in life, hence they're HOMELESS. Even Shane and Judy have a home, and they work at McDonalds. That just goes to show that a homeless person fails at life, if they can't be hired at a fucking McDonalds.
    "I don't smoke, rarely drink, don't have any outside expenses other than house repairs and car expenses and I still can't afford health care w/out assistance."
    You and Shane go to many shows though
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Don't go to shows with Shane or don't let him go once again it's back
    to choices you're making the wrong choices in life. And the person is obviously homeless for
    a reason.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Correction,
    SHANE goes to many shows. I've been to only 1 show this year. We have seperate income and since the place is in my name, I have a lil bit more bills for repairs.

I literally work, get any extra overtime I can, then come home and do what I can (depending on how bad the pain is) around the house. I don't do anything really costly and when we go on vacations, his mom covers my expenses.
    "The kindest homeless people here in Berkeley never had that opportunity. They shouldn't have to suffer because some guy back east smokes."
    They obviously made the wrong decisions in life, hence they're HOMELESS. Even Shane and Judy have a home, and they work at McDonalds. That just goes to show that a homeless person fails at life, if they can't be hired at a fucking McDonalds."

I know several of these people graduated high school, but they don't have any money. When they grow up in the ghetto, get a shit education, can't pursue education any more, and then can't afford a home, this bill matters. A large amount of homeless people are homeless due to addiction and other problems, but sometimes it's downright unlucky.
    Judy: To me, it sounds like he would rather spend his money on shows than to help you. Good man right there.

Wine: Then they should have applied for a job, and made an effort to get hired somewhere. Again, I point out that Judy works at McDonalds, and has her own home.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    addiction is their own problem
    imageimage
    "Wine: Then they should have applied for a job, and made an effort to get hired somewhere. Again, I point out that Judy works at McDonalds, and has her own home."

Hard to do that when you don't have a home.