Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mental Health

Comments

• Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    NOCAP said:
    I should have went across the bridge when Cheetoman got elected in

I know one gay dude who left for Mexico after the last election. He said he wasn’t gonna live here under Trump and by god he actually followed through. He was making maybe 30 or 40k a year (just guessing) here doing social work type shit. 

So now he lives in a Mexican ghetto. He lives of of recycling scrap metal and all of the stuff in his house has been recovered from a dumpster. He’s been arrested multiple times by police with machine guns just for being a Gringo because they think he might have money, but it’s all shakedown attempts and they let him go when they find out he makes like 50 pesos a day dumpster diving. He’s been jumped, beaten and robbed multiple times by drug addicts, drag queens and trannies. 

Not sure the trade off was worth it. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I remember visiting Australia years ago, and realizing how much more casually racist they were than the US. Normal suburban people talking about the "blackies" that run the inner city, which honestly was extremely tame when I actually visited it. Like, it was more of a large town. They'd prolly lose their shit if they ever had to visit downtown Dallas, but they feel that their cities are being overrun with black people even though it's absolutely nothing compared to the states. I remember being straight up frozen with how blatent the racism there is. In fact, the Aboriginals in AUS only got the right to vote in the 1980's. You think race relations are bad here? Imagine if slavery was around only 40 years ago. 
  • Options
    Sept member already fuck yeah! Let’s get this god damned year over with. 
  • Options
    mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    The ones I wanted to know already know so I’m not going to spill it here. 

This year sucks. I’ve always prided myself on being mentally strong. 2020 has broke me with no real endgame in sight. 

I don’t post here Often because I got tired of the negativity especially early on in the shut down. 

Best of luck to the few still here with the rest of 2020.  
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Options
    It’s all good Ape. 2020 has a lot of people fucked up. You’ll get through it. We all will. 
  • Options
    I haven’t cracked my peanut yet but this year has definitely helped be be more understanding of mental health overall. It wasn’t something I ever put a lot of thought or care into but this year has definitely brought a lot more of these types of things to light. I just heard a statistic that some survey was done and 10% of the population had considered suicide last month. 

Scary shit. Reach out if you need it. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    yeah for sure. 

i was actually being proactive before the shut down. I had been seeing a psychologist. I ended up not liking the one i had started seeing because she didn't see all that invested, so i had begun the search for a new one and then bam covid. 

If nothing else it really just helped to talk to someone outside of my circle. Talk therapy is good. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    It really is. I appreciate those from here who have checked in and I'm always open to talk for whoever needs it. If 2020 is about anything it's unity despite all the shit thats been going down
  • Options
    2020 got me buying papers by the box. 

• Options
    So......

Only days after I posted about how great I was doing in Aug after my trip, I have a massive falling out with a long time friend of mine and major relationship problems that bring me and my gf to couples counseling. I'm now also going to individual counseling in addition to that so it's been a massive change to my life. I gotta say, I think COVID is honestly the main cause of all of this considering the relationship issues stem from me getting too close with this girl I know who is also a long time co worker of mine and partly due to a lack of interacting with any of my other friends. Anyways, yeah shit changes faster than you realize and now I'm seeing a damned shrink. 

That being said, I've now been reaching out to more people lately and it's been a positive influence for sure. Not to sound sappy but like, reach out to the friends that truly care for you cause I've been realizing how much I've been neglecting people like that in my life. It's been great knowing how many people I have around me that actually care, so while the situation itself is still delicate, I've been happy to get in touch with people I haven't in awhile due to my own neglect of our friendships, and I'm happier because of it. Anyways, that's my mental heath update. Shit sucks, but should get better. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Sounds like you're off to a good start though man keep your head up
  • Options
    Starting to get annoyed at people. Little shit is getting under my skin when it shouldn’t.  I’ve been too long without a show. Am I your son whom you love because I just want to fucking mosh. 
  • Options
    GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I went to a gig last weekend - it was orgasmic 
  • Options
    My GF’s grandma had a stroke last night. She is 70 years old, but my GF had pretty shitty parents and her grandmother raised her for the most part. 

She’s currently not lucid and is having blood pressure issues. 

I really hope she doesn’t die. This has been a pretty shitty year, and its been pretty hard on my GF. I really have no idea what i can even do to be a supportive spouse in this situation, and knowing theres not much you can do for someone who is going through the grieving process is giving me pretty bad anxiety. 

Fuck, man. 
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,594 spicy boy
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that dude. Not a whole lot you can do. Find little ways to brighten her mood here and there. Listen to her stories about her grandma. Have her remember some of the good times. Find the family recipes that remind her of time with grandma. Ask if she has any cherished items she wants as a keepsake and find out if any legal papers exist and who is in charge of them. 

• Options
    Thank dudes. Sounds like shes doing okay as off now. Her blood pressure was really high so she was super confused. They did an MRI but i haven't seen my GF yet to talk to her about results. It sounds like she may have dodged a bullet this time though. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, Rex. That's an awful situation to be in.
  • Options
    Luckily my GF works at the hospital that her Gma is at. Her grandma isn’t allowed any visitors, but she got it cleared with security that she could stop in before her shift. 
  • Options
    Hoping for the best. When my grandma went into the hospital she didn’t come back out. She did give a male nurse a black eye though. He tried to make her lie down for an exam or something before she caught her breath and was ready, so she popped him one in the eye.  There was another nurse who pissed her off that she was waiting for a chance to kick in the leg, but she didn’t get the chance.