Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mental Health

Comments

• Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,815 spicy boy
    When I was a kid, my dad had a work friend named Leonard. Leonard’s son left his wife and baby in Leonard’s care while he ran off to war in Iraq. When he came back, his wife was pregnant with Leonard’s kid...and she kept it. So those kids were like uncles and nephews and brothers or something but only separated by like 18 months. She stayed with Leonard. 

I had a drummer in a band I played in back in high school that was a lot older than me. We found out later on that his wife was the daughter of his ex-wife that he had been raising as his step-daughter for several years before they went public

I heard about another story where it was a wife leaving the husband for his mom.

People make odd decisions when it comes to matters of the heart 
  • Options
    GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Jeez @Rex_Capone420 that's a weird story. 

P.s I think I'm older than your dad !??
  • Options
    My mum is 87. She has always been spritely and energetic and healthy. She lives in the same town as me by herself in a small house with a little garden etc.

In the past 2 months she has complained about a dude being in her garden at night... tapping on her window another night... and calling her name another night. This has happened about 3 times in 2 months.

We installed security lights. Thought about installing cameras. On Saturday night we were out of town. At 11.30pm we were up drinking and playing cards with friends and my phone goes and it's my mum.  Shes hysterical as someone was outside her house. She initially thought he cut her phone line as she couldn't use her landline but I think she was just fumbling with it. She called 111 and was in a panic and freaking. She calmed down and went to stay with her neighbour for the night. The Police never came. (Eye roll). 

So for the last 3 nights I have slept on my mums floor with a baseball bat at her front door...lying in wait. She now thinks she may have been imagining things...

I don't know what is scarier or sadder... the thought some cunt thinks it's funny to scare an old lady...or to think my mum who has always been intelligent and quick and witty is losing her marbles and wont be able to live by herself for long 

• Options
    Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Options
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    My dads mom thought she had a stalker when she was getting older. It ended up not being real though.

but a bat? Do you guys not have guns at all there? 
  • Options
    Mate... I don't have a gun licence and dont own a gun. The only people here with guns are hunters and farmers. Oh and the odd criminal. Even the cops dont carry guns here. Unless needed in which case they get them pretty quick 
  • Options
    I just wanted to hit a home run... with his head or legs or ribs... but I think my mum is just having some strange but very detailed dreams.

The first morning I slept over she was just getting up. I said to her...." do you want me to open the blinds".... and she couldn't hear me without her hearing aids in...  and I suddenly thought "how the fuck can you hear someone outside at night calling your name when you cant hear me and I'm right in front of you " !?
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod

but a bat? Do you guys not have guns at all there? 
    Well you saw what happened when they did have guns there...

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    I used to have some hope it could change, but not anymore. Burn it down. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I don’t think anything bad of you Rex for shit your dad did. That’s a wild story though. I can imagine why you’d feel weird about that situation 
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,594 spicy boy
    Maybe I should start saving for that 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Shits getting deep in here, I dig it. 

“Put down the baggage, that shit is heavy. Don’t carry it around with you for your entire life.” - what I keep telling myself as I sort through my bullshit. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    I want to move out of this shithole country

Travel more. As fucked as it is here and now, it’s still a pretty good shit hole as far as shit holes go. 
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I should have went across the bridge when Cheetoman got elected in

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    I want to move out of this shithole country

Travel more. As fucked as it is here and now, it’s still a pretty good shit hole as far as shit holes go. 
    Cant afford to travel lol

Even still, every other developed first world nation is better than this shit. At least they arent on the brink of institutional collapase every other day, and generally care about their citizens by offering the bare minimum like healthcare. 

We're a third world country with money. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Travel more bro. See the world. 

It’s fucked all over.