Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mental Health

Comments

• Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Get up and do something better for yourself. Go take a walk. Hit up some friends. Go chill with your brother. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,595 spicy boy
    Stop drinking 
  • Options
    Skipped the good job of the depressed arc. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    FLAT said:
    Stop drinking 
    Drinking rules
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    It is pretty sweet lol
  • Options
    Beer is good
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    edited February 7
    Well they’re taking her off life support tomorrow. She had survived the initial surgery but the initial incident was a double stroke and there’s like 5-6 dead spots in her brain. They said there’s the very slight chance she survives and wakes up after turning off life support, but even then, most likely scenario is she would essentially be a vegetable.

I’ve had the thousand yard stare all day and feel completely blank. The only saving grace that’s not sending me into complete panic mode is that I’m the sole person on the life insurance policy, plus all assets were left to me in the will, so this is not going to also crush me financially or leave me homeless, which would completely destroy my entire life obviously, but I can’t believe this. As I said in my previous post, she has been extremely unhealthy for a while now and it’s been heartbreaking to watch, but she wasn’t “In and out of the hospital” unhealthy, jus not living right. I didn’t think she was “Ready to die tomorrow” level unhealthy, and going thru this right now was not on my 2024 bingo card. We all (For the most part) have to go thru the pain of our parents dying before us, but this was not something I myself wanted to go thru until I was old myself and at least 40+. 
  • Options
    ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I'm so sorry Erik. I cannot even imagine the range of emotions you're going through right now. I'm very thankful that you're able to at least retain the house and some life insurance money to maintain your current lifestyle. It sounds like this was ultimately inevitable given how she was going, you can tell someone to treat themselves better but it's up to them in the end to take that action. 

Hang in there. Things WILL get better with time, but it's going to be extremely hard right now and likely for awhile. It will get better though and you have a group of people here that do care about you. I'm devastated to hear about this though, I hope things can go as smoothly as possible going forward. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Fuck bro I'm so sorry 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    I’m really sorry to hear that bro. I’ve been going through similar stuff with my Dad. After his heart attack he made no effort to get healthy and he’s having some issues again and is just ignoring them instead of going to doctors. It’s frustrating when they actively choose not to try and better themselves. Unfortunately over the last couple of years I’ve had several close friends and a couple of cousins lose mothers or fathers so in the worst way I’ve gotten to a place of understanding when it comes to people wanting to vent or talk about this stuff in anyway they choose to do it. My phone is open for you if you need someone to talk to about everything going on. I’m really sorry you have to go through this, especially at your age. 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    I’m glad MU has gotten to a place where we can support each other through shit like this. Erik’s mum is a MU legend in her own right. 

Erik finding her cell phone videos was epic. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Shit dude, I'm sorry you're going through this, that's awful. Hoping the best for a horrible situation. Like Dime said, dont hesitate to reach out if you need to talk or vent. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    We truly have become the best type of fags 
  • Options
    You guys have always been faggots 
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,815 spicy boy
    Man that’s awful. I’m very sad to see this. Even with how bad it sounded, I was more worried that she would just continue smoking and that be the issue going forward. To find out she’s in this bad of shape is terrible. I’m sorry man. 
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,225 mod
    I’m sorry Erik. I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. I know words don’t mean much but I’m here if you want to talk or play some games.