Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    Going today \m/ snagged this bad boys when they dropped and wearing them tonight with the spider fit 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,466 spicy boy
    edited June 2023
    Not yet. Definitely on the list but I have a lot of shit going on rn so who knows when I’ll get to it. 
    when i can stream it on that streaming site is my answer lol
    Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    Going tomorrow or Sunday 
  • Options
    Fuck what a goddamn movie. This is shitting all over every Spider-Man and will probably go down as the best spidey trilogy 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
  • Options
    I cannot fucking believe how good that movie was holy shit. 10/10 no complaints 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
    *EXTREME SPOILERS ABOUT THE ENDING DO NOT READ IF YOU DIDN’T SEE IT YET.*

Yo what the FUUUUUUCK I did not know going in that this was basically a part 1. My fucking jaw dropped harder than Infinity War because at least on that you basically knew beforehand that they served as parts 1 & 2. But this, I knew these were a trilogy, but essentially this is an incomplete movie until viewed alongside the next one. You have 1 and 2: Parts 1 & 2, instead of 1, 2, and 3. Movie was an absolute grand fucking slam and they did EVERYTHINF right but holy fuck talk about the biggest cocktease of the year. At least it’s immediately dropping next year, but even that year wait feels way too long and unfair lmao. Jesus Christ.
  • Options
    Also, this is exactly what I meant when I said I felt like Multiverse Of Madness didn’t really do much wit the multiverse shit, especially given the fact that Multiverse was straight up in the title. THIS is the type of scale I was expecting that movie to take it to. This was hands down the best on-screen display of the multiverse so far, no contest. Titans had a scene in the last 2 or 3 episodes where Beast Boy was able to glimpse at all of the different universes, so he saw the Teen Titans GO! version of himself, the CW version of The Flash, etc. so they had already explored that concept and it was extremely dope, but it was reduced to a quick 5 minute scene and was here and gone. This built a whole movie around that concept and did it so fucking masterfully. *Chef’s Kiss*
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,813 spicy boy
    For some reason I wasn’t real into going to Spiderverse. I liked the first one a lot but it got played too much and I got sick of it. But that shit was straight fire pretty much from the jump. Guardians was amazing too. I still haven’t seen AntMan but my son said it wasn’t as bad as people make it out. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    Found the new Spider-Verse on Vumoo so I might watch it today. Judging from the social media discourse, I have a feeling Im not going to like it much, but the first one is the best Spider-Man movie, imo so we'll see. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Saw it again. Yeah best Spider-Man movie confirmed. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Saw it again. Yeah best Spider-Man movie confirmed. 
    I cant stop thinking about it tbh. I was smiling in the theater the entire time. 

The animation was fucking immaculate. Every time Gwen talked to her Dad the background turned into this beautiful watercolor piece. The first time it happens the background is still fairly defined - The fridge, kitchen counters, etc. But when they have their final conversation of the movie the background just devolves into splashes of water colors. It totally makes the scene and sets the tone. What a work of fucking art. 
  • Options
    Seriously dude same. That entire exchange was amazing. “I quit” “what, when?” “About half way through your speech.” Shit kinda got me in the feels lmao the movie is a Spider-Man masterclass. Part 3 could be average and this would still easily be the best trilogy hands down 
  • Options
    ****slight spoiler***

The last 20 minutes got me good. The build up and the sense of something isn’t right going on when they were doing the back and forth shots between Miles and Gwen were so good. I didn’t mean to say out loud “he’s in another fucking universe” while watching it but I was so into the movie and it just came out. That’s how movies should make you feel and act. 
  • Options
    I really don’t see any Cape shit topping this one anytime soon
  • Options
    Saw Spider-Verse, it was ok
  • Options
    Off dat. 💯💯
  • Options
    Of the Spidey movies I'd rank them:
    Into The Spider-Verse
    Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Across The Spider-Verse
    Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Homecoming
    Far From Home

Still havent watched No Way Home, probably never will 
  • Options
    I know this is about the actual movies and shit, but this is still prolly the most fitting thread for this.

This shit pissed me clean off. So I preordered these over a year ago and they finally came out and shipped. I don’t collect Marvel Legends as a whole, the only other one I have is the most recent Moon Knight. Only thing I collect en masse is Funko Pops. But this specifically was too cold to pass up. Except the new Marvel Legends releases no longer have the traditional plastic windows, effectively making them useless for in-box collectors:

You can’t even display it, you’re effectively displaying an empty box. What’s even more confusing about this is that Marvel Legends is considered their “high end” line, which I know is still nowhere near like Hot Toys or Sideshow Collectibles level, but still. Meaning they know damn well that the majority of purchases for this line are all adult collectors that will never be taking them out of the box and playing wit them. I did know about the change to the new packaging, but that was pretty recent, and since this movie is now almost 2 years old and the preorder was put in a year ago, I didn’t think it affected these. I honestly prolly woulda cancelled the preorder if I did. 
  • Options
    Why I wish Neca or McFarlan had rights to marvel figures cause those packaging, quality, and details are amazing in their products.