Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
    Continuity, character accuracy, real characters not just archetypes, real consequences, thoughtful storytelling, actual lore > 

The only thing multiverses are good for are changing established characters and lore, retconing and rebooting, and the cheapest of fanservice. 
     Yeah but that's my point. Multiverse can literally be anything and it's fine because it's justified by "Multiverse=a billion different scenarios." So, say they do a multiverse thing that isn't from the comics and they introduce their own new characters. How can that be described as breaking comic accuracy when the idea of a multiverse is to go ape shit with different ideas?
  • Options
    multi verse stories are lit quit being gay
     Eh. Maybe I'm still salty because I didn't like Doctor Strange 2. That being said, The First Spiderverse movie was so fucking good that I would go see the second even if they announced that Miles was now a transgender dairy cow lmao
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Continuity, character accuracy, real characters not just archetypes, real consequences, thoughtful storytelling, actual lore > 

The only thing multiverses are good for are changing established characters and lore, retconing and rebooting, and the cheapest of fanservice. 
     Yeah but that's my point. Multiverse can literally be anything and it's fine because it's justified by "Multiverse=a billion different scenarios." So, say they do a multiverse thing that isn't from the comics and they introduce their own new characters. How can that be described as breaking comic accuracy when the idea of a multiverse is to go ape shit with different ideas?
    My point is its lazy and cheap. The first Spider-Verse was good because despite being a Multiverse story, we still got a Peter and Miles that were accurate to the comics. The scenerios were new, but the characterization was right. 

It doesnt sound like they're doing that for the second one. Like they're including PS1 Spider-Man. That isnt a character, thats an archetype. See what I mean? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Or another example was the Doctor Octopus. That wasnt Otto Octavius, that was Olivia Octavius. Sure it was basically a multiverse Doc Ock, but they made it a new character. 

They're introducing a new Spider-Woman, but still calling her Jessica Drew instead of a new original character. They could have made their own unique multiverse Spider-Woman, instead they changed Jessica Drew. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    Into the Spider-Verse: A coming of age story for Miles Morales, with a heavy emphasis on the father-son relationship and a multiverse story and multiple spider people 

Across the Spider-Verse: A coming of age story for Miles Morales, with a heavy emphasis on the mother-son relationship and a multiverse story and multiple spider people

Whats the problem? 
  • Options
    :| 
  • Options
     we still got a Peter and Miles that were accurate to the comics. 

It doesnt sound like they're doing that for the second one. 
    What the fuck does this even mean :|:| 

You mean the same Miles and Peter that were in the first movie that are going to be in this one? And you've somehow deduced entire plot points based on a 2 minute trailer. K. 
  • Options
    My point is they've confirmed Spectacular Spider-Man (cartoon), PS1 Spider-Man, and a bunch of other alternate versions are appearing. 

I dont want that. I want Peter, and Miles. I dont want 100 different versions of Peter. Or made up variants. Or nostalgia cash grab variants. Thats the shit I hate about multiverses and that detract from the narrative. Thats when the "well its a different take on the character/different universe" excuses start leaking in to justify bad characterization or ignoring continuity. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I dont want that. I want Peter, and Miles. 
    Congratulations I have some exciting news! They're both in the fucking movie!

The first one had female weeb Peter Parker. And animated pig Peter Parker. Spider-Man Noir was used as a boomer comic relief which isn't comic accurate at all. Doc Ock wasn't comic accurate. Hell, the main Peter Parker of the first one was a broken down, depressed Peter Parker divorced from Mary Jane . He is basically Dan Slott Peter Parker which you claim to fucking hate but it's fine for this movie? 

Both movies have novelty Spider-Man characters, both movies have multiverse stories, both movies have non comic accurate potrayals, both movies feature Peter Parker and Miles Morales, but the new one sucks based on a 2 minute trailer?

What happened is you went into the first movie with zero expectations and it was great and you were pleasantly surprised. Now that the hype train is going for the sequel you're already complaining about it and it's not even out yet. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Did I say it sucks? I said im skeptical. Maybe it'll be great. Or maybe it'll be a mess of shitty fan service. 

Just saying I dont like multiverses, and I'm worried they might be going too far into that concept. The novelty quickly wore off. I hate the very concept now. But we'll see. 
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    You really tripping on ps1 Spider-man that’s probably going to be in the movie for literally 10 seconds or less =))
  • Options
    I literally didn't know PS1 Spider-Man was in the movie until MC complained about it =))
  • Options
    I havent read comics in a while, but WTF IS THIS LMAO

• Options
    I gave up superhero books cuz they're all shit these days. But the indies are still good. 
  • Options
    I gave up superhero books cuz they're all shit these days. But the indies are still good. 
    I only get TMNT (which is kind of meh ever since Jennika was added), Ghost Rider, and Kamen America now. 
  • Options
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
    Movie is bout to be insane I can’t fucking wait. Shit bout to get REAL.
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    What a dud of a movie. 

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
    The fuck about that was a dud?? That shit was fucking gas I jus got back from IMAX.
  • Options
    I liked it 🤷🏻