Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,606 jayfacer
    Guardians 3 was goated. Best of the trilogy without a doubt. Incredible movie.
  • Options
    I also liked how it was the most serious of the trilogy. There was that expected GOTG comedy of course, but it was overall a lot more mature, and the deeper dive into Rocket’s backstory was legitimately some of the most depressing shit in the entire MCU.
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    In a franchise of Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, and The Avengers, James Gunn really fucked around and made Guardians of the Galaxy the best trilogy 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,690 jayfacer
    I’ll have you know I just watched Guardians 3 and only cried 6 times 
  • Options
    Literally only had one complaint and that’s there were wayyyyy to many death fake outs. 

Other than that, movie was fantastic. A+ for character development, Rockets depressing ass back story, the fucking absolute bullseye of an ending, 95% of the jokes landed, great visually and acted beautifully. Fuck need to go again 

• Options
    Man hands down best MCU film in a couple years at the very least. Probably since Infinity War not even gonna lie. Head and shoulders above anything else they’ve put out during phase 4/5
  • Options
    Fuck Guardians 3 was so good it made me want to go back and rewatch all the stuff I haven’t seen yet. That being said I haven’t seen She Hulk, What If?, Moon Knight, The Eternals, Black Panther 2, Thor 4 or Ant Man 3 lmao 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Fuck Guardians 3 was so good it made me want to go back and rewatch all the stuff I haven’t seen yet. That being said I haven’t seen She Hulk, What If?, Moon Knight, The Eternals, Black Panther 2, Thor 4 or Ant Man 3 lmao 
    All fire to lesser or greater extents, but Eternals can definitely be skipped. As mid as it gets. I watched only for completion’s sake because I watch every single MCU release, but you’d be missing nothing otherwise by skipping it honestly.
  • Options
    Titans season and series finale was today. Was dope but ended up going down exactly like I expected and felt rushed. Basically all 4 season finales had this same issue, but I especially knew it was coming on this one, because they didn’t initially know this was the final season. They were told it was cancelled in the middle of shooting it. The Beast Boy actor said in an interview that it was filmed in a way that it still concludes everything, but I knew that that actually meant it was tacked on. And that’s exactly how it played out. This could have easily extended into a season 5, but there was a 10 minute conclusion thrown together at the end that kinda sends everybody off on their own way, and you can tell it was added after the fact and was never planned like that. 

Overall tho, show definitely had pacing issues throughout and some pointless side stories that were dropped and forgotten about jus as quickly as they were introduced, but as a whole I really enjoyed the watch and it ends up as one of my favorite comic series, alongside Daredevil and Punisher. Not perfect at all but the sum of all it’s parts made up for it. Definitely infinitely better than Doom Patrol. Sucks it was cancelled because due to how many characters there are to explore, they easily could have done another 2-3 quality seasons without feeling like it was milked.
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    All fire to lesser or greater extents, but Eternals can definitely be skipped. As mid as it gets. I watched only for completion’s sake because I watch every single MCU release, but you’d be missing nothing otherwise by skipping it honestly.
     That’s what I’ve heard. Everything else I’ve mentioned I’ve heard positive stuff about but people are real iffy on Eternals. My cousin is the biggest MCU dork I know and he said it took him three separate sittings but I don’t know if that means the movie is boring as shit or if that means it was completely comic inaccurate because he’s a huge stickler for that in most cases. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,466 spicy boy
    Most mcu has been trash lately. Hype for guardians though
  • Options
    I’m not a fan of multiverse but I opted to just accept that they were going in a direction that’s not really for me and opt out instead of crying about it not being what I want so you guys can just enjoy the ride lmao my brothers are going apeshit for it and my friends love it so I’ll just let ‘em enjoy and jump in when it’s something I really like. All that being said though Guardians fucking slaps 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Ummm…I think Across The Spiderverse may actually be my favorite Spider-Man movie. Holy fuck that was nuts
    Post edited by Dime2 on
  • Options
    This is legitimately the best Spider-Man trilogy and part 3 ain’t even out yet fuck. No pun intended but this was Miles better than the Holland trilogy, flattens TSAM and had as much stuff in it that I loved from the Tobey films. What a great fucking ride. We had an extra ticket and I tried inviting my cousin who’s a huge spider-man dork. I called him and he bitched about some fucking insignificant nothing he saw in the trailer for like 4 seconds and said “It’s probably not for him.” I texted him just now and was like “‘Durr it’s probably not for me durr’ imagine being this much of a faggot. GOAT Spider-Man movie.” And he blocked me =))
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,467 moneytalker
    Sounds like your cousin would hit it off with MC. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Dude it’s so good. This shit is mind blowing. You peep yet?
  • Options
    They essentially made a movie so fun and comic accurate with so much love put into it by someone who can only have been a lifelong fan and these incel fucking losers bitch about a four second frame of animation. 
  • Options
    I’m seeing it this Saturday. This month is stacked. Spider-Man, Transformers, and Flash on 3 consecutive Saturdays for me.
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,467 moneytalker
    Not yet. Definitely on the list but I have a lot of shit going on rn so who knows when I’ll get to it. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    Sounds like your cousin would hit it off with MC. 
    I liked the first Spider-Verse. 

But I do admit, I cant say Im that excited for this one. Im so sick of multiverses. I enjoyed the first one in spite of the multiverse, not because of it, and it looks like they're doubling down on it to an obnoxious degree for this one. I'll still probably go and see it eventually, but Im not in a rush. 

I havent seen a Marvel movie since Black Widow lol 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?