Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,607 jayfacer
    Says another certified hater that nitpicks literally everything. Eat my cock off. 💯💯
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,558 spicy boy
    11/10 cot damn that call of duty release is flame
    That shit looks buggy as hell
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Tired joke is tired anyways. There’s literal proof all over this very forum of me giving a lotta shit 7s or 8s or saying something was mid. And matter fact as far as games go I believe the only 10 I gave out all 2022 was Horizon Forbidden West which still stands. Most you can say is that it’s rare I give something a straight up BAD review but lmao stay mad I try to actually find enjoyment in things I’m interested in lmao.
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Nobody comes here for fresh shit. We liked bring up the old shit. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Says another certified hater that nitpicks literally everything. Eat my cock off. 💯💯
    i am the absolute opposite lol. 

i get super hype the first 10-15 hours of a game and then come crashing down. 

I rarely even watch movies anymore because they are mostly trash. 

shows>>>>
  • Options
    Black Adam was ok
  • Options
    Black Panther 2 was dope. Bout as respectful and classy as they could have possibly pulled that off after Chadwick’s death. Shuri still isn’t as interesting, but there’s nothing they can do about that. I did notice that this is the most serious MCU movie in a while. We’re not talking straight up dark and gritty DC level, but MCU most recently reached Comedy movie wit action scenes thrown in status wit Thor Love And Thunder, and this was a complete 180 from that. There were a few moments that had the theater legitimately cracking up, but the jokes were a lot fewer and further between. It makes me wonder if the original script was the same tonally, or if it was lighter and they felt that changing it to this was more noble in the wake of his death. Either way it doesn’t hurt or benefit the movie because I like both serious and funny Marvel, but jus something I noticed.

Also, the Ironheart debut was a pleasant surprise. Idk if that was already public knowledge, but these days I try to avoid as much as possible until I see the movie, so her appearance was a legitimate rare surprise. I knew her show was coming soon, but I had no clue she was sposed to be in this, let alone play such a prominent role.
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Black Panther was great. My man Namor 
  • Options
    Wonder Woman 3 cancelled, and Jason Momoa rumored to no longer be playing Aquaman and be playing Lobo instead. 
  • Options
    Henry Cavill is OUT as superman again lmao what the fuck is going on
  • Options
    Per The Hollywood Reporter (who might be the most legit news source for shit like this) the entire Justice League cast got their walking papers from James Gunn. Affleck may direct a DC movie in the future. The Mamoa as Lobo rumors may have some merit.

Also The Rock is salty as shit that Black Adam bombed =)) he got caught leaking false sales numbers to the press to make the movie look like it made a profit which it didn't and he unfollowed DC and Black Adam's instagram accounts 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Can’t wait for that. The first one was such a great experience.  
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    I still maintain that the first one is one of the best comic book movies ever made. Can't wait for the second. 

Finally watched Black Adam since it was put up on HBO Max. Better than I expected but still pretty basic. Wouldn't watch it again. Dr. Fate and Hawkman were cool but The Rock is just so generic and plays the same role in every movie. 
  • Options
    I loved the first Spider-Verse, but am skeptical of this one. I think the animation looks incredible, but I hate multiverse stories, and thought the best parts of the first one were the parts that didnt have to do with the multiverse. Mainly the characterization of Miles and Peter (as well as the gorgeous animation). They kept things comic accurate, while still telling their own story. 

From the trailers and announcements, the animation still looks great, but they doubling down on the Multiverse thing. Adding every version of Spider-Man under the sun, changing established characters, and it just looks like they're saying "fuck comic accuracy, this is our multiverse story, we can do whatever we want" this time around. Hopefully I'm wrong, but idk. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    I dont like multiverse stories either but isn't the entire point of introducing multiverse being that of anything goes? Would it even count as breaking comic accuracy if they establish their own multiverse?
  • Options
    multi verse stories are lit quit being gay
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Continuity, character accuracy, real characters not just archetypes, real consequences, thoughtful storytelling, actual lore > 

The only thing multiverses are good for are changing established characters and lore, retconing and rebooting, and the cheapest of fanservice. 
  • Options
    0. they are fun ways to tell stories. 

ill get off your lawn now
  • Options
    Breaking news: MC likes absolutely nothing.

More breaking news: Everybody is absolutely floored about it.