Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Going again tomorrow \m/ 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    My son wants to see it again pretty bad. He's been pillaging magazines for Star Wars pics to put on his wall. Good for him
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Saw it again earlier today. Would recommend a second viewing. Once the nostalgia is out of the way the first time, you can focus better. Still a good solid movie. Enjoyed myself 
    Choke to death on that disagree FF
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    So I saw it for the first time a few hours ago.  sorry, if you didn't like that, go fuck yourself. It wasn't perfect, but neither was the original trilogy. If you lived through the excitement and letdown of the prequel trilogy and were disappointed with that, you won't ever be happy.

1:  They fucked up with Han Solo's son dude. They shouldn't have shown his face, and they probably could have stood to cast his part another 10-15 years older.  They risk doing the same shit they did with Hayden Christensen in the prequels.

2:  I'm frustrated with how casually Finn and Rae picked up the light saber. The ESB light saber fight was so great because we hadn't seen Luke wield it yet.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Saw it tonight. I had a smile on my face the whole movie. The complaints are valid but overall I'm very pleased and looking forward to the next one. Definitely want to see it in the theater again.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Seeing it again on Tuesday for sure
    100% agree with Jay. Seeing it again was so awesome. It validated my thoughts for me. Walking out for the second time I was just like "This was a great move. This met expectations. This is a good starting point for another set of movies. I'm getting new Star Wars I'm excited about. FUCK \m/" Had me a little nerd gasm. So satisfied with Star Wars right now. Such a good feeling. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Wish I felt the same way. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    You're not even a little excited for Episode 8? 
    Im still somewhat excited. Im still def gonna see ep 8 and the spin off/solo sequels. 

But Im still a bit dissapointed with Ep 7, and EA killed Battlefront.

The prequel trilogy didnt kill my Star Wars buzz, and I'd put this new movie on their level. But I just wish I looked at it as the "best thing ever" like some of my friends do. It was good, not great. And I want a great Star Wars release. 
    I think we're going to get that though. This was just set up. They had to jam 30 years worth of stuff into just a bit over two hours. I think they did a terrific job with the immense amount of work that they had to accomplish. Plus Star Wars geeks are the most difficult to please people ever. Imagine that pressure when they were making this thing. Its a great first stepping stone. It hits all the right notes and it delivers, even if its not the best movie ever. 
    Thats the thing though, they definitely didnt hit all the right notes. 

Like I said what they did right/wrong are inversely what the prequel movies did right/wrong, except for the fight scenes imo. 

I dunno. Maybe Im just hard to please. 

At least I liked the movie though, even if I feel it did a lot wrong. My brother hated it. 
    You are hard to please lol but thats not always a bad thing and yes at least you did like it. I truly truly cannot see how a Star Wars fan can hate this movie. 
    My brother thought it was lazy and relied entirely too much on nostalgia and rehashed ideas. And that clouded it for him. 

I agree, it did do that. But it had good in it as well. 
    I just think of it this way; I would rather Disney, being new owners of an old legendary brand, ease us into the first new film of this giant franchise in a decade by catering to our nostalgia while adding in a few new twists and careful set up, then by doing something completely new and risk trashing this new trilogy right from the get go. 
    It depends.