Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,542 spicy boy
    Finn was better than Rey imo, despite how I dont like his origin. I thought he was a solid character 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Dime said:
    For the record, people are giving Kylo Ren to much shit to. The whole point of him is that he is just a whiny teenager who is mentally confused and is still miles behind where he needs to be. He's trying to mimic Vader. I LOVE that we are going to get to watch his character grow and flesh out. Thats what makes it so good. Every Star Wars movie ever all we got was an established villain who was already good at everything. I like that he's still in training. I like that he's still trying to cope with being on the dark side. Not to mention, he was injured in that fight anyway. The fact that he was able to fight back at all was miraculous. He had just killed his father causing so much mental confliction and he got fucking pawned by Chewbaca. Direct shot, man. People are nit picking way to much. All these mega nerds need to stop looking for shit to dislike. 
    And that death meant nothing in the end. It didnt unlock his potential. It didnt separate his light side. He was still a pathetic kid who got his ass kicked. 
  • Options
    DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I agree with you but dude was already previously injured. Then proceeds with the decision to kill his father which definitely splits his focus and on top of that, gets shot at and the shot hits pretty good. He was still bleeding during the fight. If he had fought them off easily that would have been bigger bullshit than Rey knowing how to wield a light saber. He was hurting bad mentally and physically and lets not forget for someone to be truly in tune with the Force, their mind has to be clear and focused, something which Kylo's definitely was not. 
  • Options
    DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    MetalCrusades said:
    Dime said:
    For the record, people are giving Kylo Ren to much shit to. The whole point of him is that he is just a whiny teenager who is mentally confused and is still miles behind where he needs to be. He's trying to mimic Vader. I LOVE that we are going to get to watch his character grow and flesh out. Thats what makes it so good. Every Star Wars movie ever all we got was an established villain who was already good at everything. I like that he's still in training. I like that he's still trying to cope with being on the dark side. Not to mention, he was injured in that fight anyway. The fact that he was able to fight back at all was miraculous. He had just killed his father causing so much mental confliction and he got fucking pawned by Chewbaca. Direct shot, man. People are nit picking way to much. All these mega nerds need to stop looking for shit to dislike. 
    And that death meant nothing in the end. It didnt unlock his potential. It didnt separate his light side. He was still a pathetic kid who got his ass kicked. 

Bruh what did you want them to do? Kill of half the new characters that were introduced in the first of three new installments? Then we'd be left with Po, Chewbacca, Luke and Leia and there would be no point of making anymore considering that would be the original trilogy again. I call shenanigans dude. Han's death was a really bold moment and the weight was fucking felt. No dodging around it. To see THE Han Solo fall was itself a good deciding move. There wasn't much movie left after that scene. I'm sure will see that expand in the next few movies. 
  • Options
    Dime said:
    MetalCrusades said:
    Dime said:

Bruh what did you want them to do? Kill of half the new characters that were introduced in the first of three new installments? Then we'd be left with Po, Chewbacca, Luke and Leia and there would be no point of making anymore considering that would be the original trilogy again. I call shenanigans dude. Han's death was a really bold moment and the weight was fucking felt. No dodging around it. To see THE Han Solo fall was itself a good deciding move. There wasn't much movie left after that scene. I'm sure will see that expand in the next few movies. 
    I wanted to see him become the badass sith lord he claimed to be. His ties to his family was holding him back, he eliminates his dad and... still gets his ass kicked. By someone who never used a lightsaber before. 

Where was him unleashing his emotion sith style? 
  • Options
    NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Anakin went through an emo phase too before he became Vader. Becoming a badass Sith with style takes time and a clear head. He obviously wasn't at that point yet
    imageimage
  • Options
    And doesnt everyone give Hayden shit for emo Anakin? I mean the sand line gets made fun of all the time.
  • Options
    Emo anything gets shit. But if they didn't show that bs people would bitch they didn't show enough with the character. You can't want development and bitch when they show it, even the annoying phases. 
    imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,405 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    MetalCrusades said:
    Dime said:

I wanted to see him become the badass sith lord he claimed to be. His ties to his family was holding him back, he eliminates his dad and... still gets his ass kicked. By someone who never used a lightsaber before. 

Where was him unleashing his emotion sith style? 
    so you want him to kill his dad...then just out of nowhere get stronger/better with a lightsaber? 

Him killing his dad simply severed his connection to the light side. A point of no return if you will. The moral dilemma is over. 

He will be stronger in the next movie after more training by Snoke
  • Options
    Also, don't get me wrong. I didn't think the movie was bad. Its just anything short of perfect would have disappointed me. There are some definite flaws in it, similar to what the prequel trilogy had. And I still like the prequels, as I liked this movie. 

But its not the best movie ever like people made it out to be, and the flaws should be pointed out. 
  • Options
    Also i'm fairly certain Rey has had training in the force if she is Luke's kid
  • Options
    Dab said:
    Rey didn't even know she had the force prior to the movie
  • Options
    Also, don't get me wrong. I didn't think the movie was bad. Its just anything short of perfect would have disappointed me. There are some definite flaws in it, similar to what the prequel trilogy had. And I still like the prequels, as I liked this movie. 

But its not the best movie ever like people made it out to be, and the flaws should be pointed out. 
    100% agreed.  
  • Options
    Dab said:
    Rey didn't even know she had the force prior to the movie
    Debatable
  • Options
    Dab said:
    Did you pay attention to her at all during the movie? She thought the force and all that shit were fairytales. But they hinted strongly she has a major connection with the force which means she could be different than anyone else. Sort of like the lightsaber battle came naturally especially with some emotion involved 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Did you pay attention? She never says that.
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,632 master of ceremonies

Obvious Rey has had force training and was probably trained by Skywalker at the new temple before Kylo and the Knights of Ren went in and slaughtered the whole place. Rey's memories were blocked and it looked like they Kylo unlocked something when he was fucking around inside of her head. I mean the lightsaber  "called" to her and gave her flashbacks of what happened along with one where she was a little girl. You can hear Obi Won saying "Rey...these are your first steps" as well during the flashback. So its obvious she either has had training and was put on Jakku to escape being killed or the force chose her.