Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    They have old ships, updated ships, and new ships? Why is this a hang up for you? Tie fighters and x wings are iconic Star Wars. Even the sound of them is engraved into the culture now. Why wouldn't they still be around? Why more death stars? Because it the biggest weapon available. You don't go back from that. We didn't stop making nukes after WW2... we made them bigger. Why wouldn't they build a bigger better one? Why would they give up on that entire line of tech?

Do you not understand that TFA was a soft reboot? It was the necessary bridge between the old shit and the new shit. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I think both of you are delusional 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited November 2017
    Say what you want about the prequels but they gave us a lot that expanded the universe. 

Different types of battle droids, new alien species, the entire concept of the jedi order, and a lot of new tech. New types of light sabers, new mechs like the ATTE, and OG-9. New ships like the jedi star fighters, vulture droid fighter, tri-fighters, naboo fighters, the Arc-170, and varioud drop ships. Pod racing. Etc. Little snippets of how technology varied around the galaxy, and how it was advancing. 

None of that was present in Force Awakens, aside from Kylo Ren's saber. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    As far as the feminist push in SW, that's nothing new either. Lucas had drafts of the script with Luke being changed to a female. In 1975. 

It's directly what led to the idea of Rey as a character. This shit is not new. 
    edited November 2017
    Jobe said:
    As far as the feminist push in SW, that's nothing new either. Lucas had drafts of the script with Luke being changed to a female. In 1975. 

The old movies had Leia in a gold bikini and wrrent shoving girl power in our faces. Leia and Padme were strong characters without them needing to shove it down our throats like the did with Rey  
    Say what you want about the prequels but they gave us a lot that expanded the universe. 

Different types of battle droids, new alien species, the entire concept of the jedi order, and a lot of new tech. New types of light sabers, new mechs like the ATTE, and OG-9. New ships like the jedi star fighters, vulture droid fighter, tri-fighters, naboo fighters, the Arc-170, and varioud drop ships. Pod racing. Etc. Little snippets of how technology varied around the galaxy, and how it was advancing. 

None of that was present in Force Awakens, aside from Kylo Ren's saber. 

Weird. Almost like decades of war and destruction have impacted and restricted life across the galaxy and impeded progress. Or they just want shit to mostly look and feel the same as the movies from 30 years ago. Changes and small details were everywhere. Most of the ships were updated in one way or another. The computer tracking screens were improved. Ren's ship was new (not that much of it made it on screen) Even the falcon had a change where Lando broke some shit off. (Nice detail) Snoke's hologram was much more lifelike, less flickering etc. Little things. Most of it wasn't major because they wanted to keep to the look of the original trilogy.

The prequels were meant to expand the universe. That was their job. TFA had a different job to do. It had to tie the old shit to the new shit. It had do do all the throwback "remember this?" shit, it had to remind everybody where the old players were. It had to add new players, and  begin to set things in motion again. There were a lot of things the move had to do, and it did them with mixed results.
    Jobe said:

The old movies had Leia in a gold bikini and wrrent shoving girl power in our faces. Leia and Padme were strong characters without them needing to shove it down our throats like the did with Rey  

Lol!

The weak and helpless princess in the gold bikini literally strangled the fat neckbeard who kept her tied up with the chains he tried to hold her with. 

Did you miss the feminism there? 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    The new movies, cartoons, comics, and Battle Front 2 all have female leads. Coincidence, I think not. 
    But why does that matter tho

Same goes for StarWars. Its just a nostalgia train. If they really wanted to impress fans and sell more toys, they wouldnt have come up with all original ideas instead of rehashing the same technology, and same plots from Episode 4 over and over. 
    Idk wtf you're smoking, cause they definitely made a Shitload off TFA. 
    inb4lists
    Nice.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    That needs to be his profile pic fuck =))
    FF youre probably fatter than I am now. 
    I'm 5'9, 160 and I'm constantly working and sweating. I'm not in the greatest shape, but judging by the photo you recently shared I'm fairly certain I'm in better shape than you. 
    inb4lists
    ... said:
    The new movies, cartoons, comics, and Battle Front 2 all have female leads. Coincidence, I think not. 
    But why does that matter tho

Because theyre making a conscious effort to shoe horn women into leading roles for the sole purpose of meeting a feminist quota and saying "see StarWars is for girls now", as if Leia and Padme werent already strong characters without the need to push the ideological shit. 

Jobe said:
    Jobe said:

Lol!

The weak and helpless princess in the gold bikini literally strangled the fat neckbeard who kept her tied up with the chains he tried to hold her with. 

Leia has always been a strong character. All the way back in Episode 4. Yet they also wrote her as vulnerable and, you know, like a real person. 

Then with the new ones: Oh its no longer "Princess" Leia, its "General" Leia because "princess" is offensive now. And oh, Rey can do no wrong, she cant lose to anybody. And for added measure lets add this retarded part where Finn keeps trying to grab her hand, and have Rey repeatedly tell him to let go - we need to reinforce that shes a strong, independant woman who dont need no man.
    ... said:
    Jobe said:

It all makes sense now...

Plz add a space Fedora.
    You know what, fuck it. Im done. Its apparent StarWars just isnt for me anymore. You win. Enjoy your shitty Tumblr fanfiction.
    You know what, fuck it. Im ddone
    No you're not. You'll be arguing about how awful the new one is and how the next film will be worse before a trailer ever gets released a few days after 8 comes out. 
    inb4lists
    edited November 2017
    I'll just say I didnt like it and leave it at that. Im done arguing about it. Its obvious y'all will keep sucking its dick, and I'll hate it regardless, so there's no point. 
    And you wonder why I dont like talking to girls