Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,711 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    I know this girl that has an eating disorder and she kinda uses the same type of argument as MC to rationalize what she's doing. She kinda hides behind the "alternative lifestyle" title, like what she's doing is in any way healthy for her and I'm some uninformed square for maintaining that what she's doing is harmful. Personally, I just think it's narrow to be like "I'm never gonna do _________ ever again!" at a young age. It's naive. For all you know, a beautiful virgin metalhead with a taste for Mountain Dew and 'Birdemic' might fall into your lap tomorrow. Unlikely? Yes. But just as unlikely as you going through the entirety of your life and willingly never trying another relationship.
    I have one more year. If I can make it through next year, I would have successfully made it through college with no sex or love life. if I can make it through college, I can make it through life.

Chances are looking really good
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    We don't understand how you can form such opions when you haven't even experienced such endeavors. And not only that you refuse to participate in them. We're trying to understand you while you don't want understand us
    imageimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    MC, if someone asked you when you were 8 years old if you believed in god, what would you have said?
    SATAN said:
    MC, if someone asked you when you were 8 years old if you believed in god, what would you have said?
    At 8 I would have said yes. But the mind of an 8 year old and the mind of a 21 year old are completely different. I didnt critically think of the world back then.

We don't understand how you can form such opions when you haven't even experienced such endeavors. And not only that you refuse to participate in them. We're trying to understand you while you don't want understand us
    I have failed in my search for relationships. It has lead to serious depression. I see how others are easily obsessed with and manipulated by sex. I dont want that in my life.

How is that hard to understand where I get my opinions from?
    edited April 2015
    SATAN said:
    At 8 I would have said yes. But the mind of an 8 year old and the mind of a 21 year old are completely different. I didnt critically think of the world back then.
    I could say the same about you now though. The human brain isn't fully developed until age 24 for most people. There's a wisdom that I possess at my age that you don't. It kinda makes what you keep maintaining about yourself and relationships seem akin to my 5 year old believing in Santa. Gotta keep an open mind in life. 
    You're 21 and already accepted failure. You've written off everything that has to do with love and deep relationships romantically because of what I've said before. If I reacted the way you have with that aspect of life, I would have given up over 10 years ago. 

Why is it so hard for you to understand where we're coming from?
    imageimage
    I am accepting failure because I am meant to. I have 0 luck with girls. Instead of getting depressed all the time about it, Ive written it out of my life. 

Im not interested in it anymore. I have 0 intention of trying to find a relationship at this point in my life. I have my music, my recording career, my gaming, ect to focus on. That is what I care about. That is what I am striving to not fail. 
    Again,
    Bottom line:
    >I will never date again
    >I will never have sex
    >So I am moving on with my life. 
    Enjoy your lives plebs
    I think my main issue is that he doesn't see it as failure. I worry that him embracing this will do nothing but harm going forward. I mean...I don't think it's healthy to obsess about relationship failures or constantly look for relationships or be clingy/co-dependant, but just assuming "forever alone" as your flag is just kinda sad
    You're meant to? How? I know people who have shit luck with girls and guys. I don't see them giving up and saying "well, I'm meant to fail. I give up. Fuck all love and relationships. It's all bs anyway". It's fine to focus on other aspects of life you find enjoyable. But that "i'm meant for failure" shit is nuts. Especially when your experience in relationships of that kind is very, very few
    imageimage
    I am not meant to be in a relationship. Idk what else you want me to say. 

There is nobody out there for me.
    there is nobody out there who will like me.
    the interest is not there
    Your friends are lying to themselves and denying/prolonging the inevitable that they will be forever alone, with their false hope
    I have my gaming, ect to focus on. That is what I care about. That is what I am striving to not fail. 

Gaming isnt just a hobby to me. Its a second passion behind music. 
    sounds productive
    More productive than failing relationships and fucking retards
    if you say so. i'm not a gamer, so that's gonna be a hard sell. seems like a total waste of time to me. when i used to play, as soon as i would conquer the game, i'd lose interest and have to move on to another. taking on a relationship is a constantly evolving thing that has new perils and rewards around the corner at all times. i'd rather play that game
    I can actually achieve and excell in games. Relationships I can only fail. 

Id rather take digital rewards than bullshit irl
    Your friends are lying to themselves and denying/prolonging the inevitable that they will be forever alone, with their false hope
    No, they're not. They're living their lives, enjoying themselves, and have hope for their future. They aren't "delaying/prolonging the inevitable that they will be forever alone". And by that logic every single one of us in existence will never find a companion to spend the rest of our lives with, and that is just not the case
    imageimage