Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The McFuck Approach

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    We know. That's the whole point of this thread =))
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    Ok
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Pretty sure I read here that love is fake, relationships are not real, something something brain chemicals. And since there is absolutely no fucking way that perhaps you simply lack confidence in your self and perspective on the subject and this is all solid fact with studies to back it up, yet somehow everyday I wake up a loving wife and happy family, then it would appear that I have achieved the impossible. 
    I said romantic love isnt real. Lrn2rd
    Get a shitty haircut and some skinny jeans and write an emo song about it.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    What does real even mean?
    SATAN said:
    Is hate real?
    Love and hate both exist. ROMANTIC love does not.
    Define romantic love.
    Jobe said:
    Define romantic love.
    I can't define it because it doesn't exist. 

What people usually associate with "romantic love" is actually the release and addiction of hormonal chemicals being released in the body that the brain associates with "love". What you feel is not an emotion. But an addiction to hormones. Thus you associate a certain person with "love" because those hormones are released when you are around them. 
    The actual love that arises out of marriage and long lasting relationships is one of companionship and family-hood. It is not romantic. 

Its similar to the love you feel for a parent or sibling or child. 
    edited April 2015
    It doesn't matter if you ever listen to me. You'll continue down your path of bullshit, and I'll continue down mine. 

I don't believe in romantic love. No matter what you say, I've made a choice not to date again, and never to have sex. So I could give a shit if you don't believe me. This thread was for me to figure shit out. And I've figured it out. Or at least what works and makes sense for me.
    The actual love that arises out of marriage and long lasting relationships is one of companionship and family-hood. It is not romantic. 

Its similar to the love you feel for a parent or sibling or child. 

Not even close to the same. 
    Jobe said:
    Define romantic love.
    I can't define it because it doesn't exist. 

What people usually associate with "romantic love" is actually the release and addiction of hormonal chemicals being released in the body that the brain associates with "love". What you feel is not an emotion. But an addiction to hormones. Thus you associate a certain person with "love" because those hormones are released when you are around them. 

Oh look, more flawed logic. By your way of thinking, no emotion is real because brain hormones. Being happy or sad isn't real, it's just dopamine levels. Life isn't even real because everything we perceive to be real is just electric impulses firing synapses in the brain giving the illusion of life. 

It's like saying your face isn't real because it's made of skin cells, fat cells, muscle cells and bone cells, and those cells are just carbon branches strung together to make what seems to be a solid punchable structure. 
    Whatever man. This isnt going anywhere. Like I said above, you'll never listen to me. But I know better.

Why do you care though? I didnt even bring it up this time. 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    You wanna talk about your views when you want to..but when someone else starta a conversation about your views you wonder why it's being brought up. I mean, if you didn't wanna talk about this shit why did you ever say anything in the first place?
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I've noticed over the years when people are losing an argument , debate, or point then they tend to just say things like "forget it" or " drop it" .. Basically those are code words for I have nothing to counter your valid points
    You wanna talk about your views when you want to..but when someone else starta a conversation about your views you wonder why it's being brought up. I mean, if you didn't wanna talk about this shit why did you ever say anything in the first place?
    I've noticed over the years when people are losing an argument , debate, or point then they tend to just say things like "forget it" or " drop it" .. Basically those are code words for I have nothing to counter your valid points
    I'm open to discussion. I don't feel like I'm losing. But we get literally nowhere with every conversation. We've had these conversations before. Nobody's mind is changed. I'm just sick of having them. They're a waste of time. 

I've posted articles and pointed out your ass backwards contradictory, status-quo system following bullshit logic before - but you still think I'm crazy and illogical.

So fuck it. If its not going to go anywhere. If you will never even understand where I'm coming from, why continue these conversations?
    Seriously tell me that ANYTHING I will argue for you will take seriously? This is just a way to troll me and waste my time.