Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Fuck.

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    plus there's lots of psychotic, hot jawns at meetings...............i heard.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    You thinking of taking up heavy drinking Skully? =))
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just want to meet people with their shit together and learn from them.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Does this life coach position pay any money?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    It gives alot more then money.
    Damn, I've always wanted to get someone to pay me money for telling them exactly how they are fucking up. It would be the best gig ever.
    I'd be so awesome at it though.

"Fix your diet"
    "Exercise"
    "set some goals"
    "quit wasting time"
    "focus on what the fuck you are doing"
    "what do you want to accomplish?"
    "what will it take to make it happen?"
    "Pick up the pace"
    "is this the best way you can be directing your energy?"

I could go on forever. I was born for this.
    Mr. Perfect Jobe! 0 problems, always right! =D>
    :-j

I'm just older and graduated from the school of hard knocks already. I've learned more than a few things along the way, had to learn to look at shit from different perspectives, and how to objectively look at what is going on in my life. Where I'm at now, be it mentally, physically, financially, or any other aspect of my life is fucking light years from where I started out as a person. It was a long journey that still continues today, but it didn't happen by accident. I had to drop my ego and admit some very hard truths about who I was, where I was in life, why I was there, and how to start moving ahead to get to where I want to be.

I'm still not there yet btw.
    That's exactly what I'm doing/working on now. I just want to be a better person in general. Have healthier relationships, not be so selfish, and find out who and what the fuck I am and want I be. I'm doing things differently now to see where it leads me, yeah, of course 2 years 9 months sober was great and all, but I still have a ways to go and fight my inner demons cause I still and I think always will have some mental/anxiety/panic disorder issues I have to deal with along with the alcoholism and other stuff. I just want to learn about myself and learn how to live a happy and free life. I know it's hard work and alot of dedication, but in willing and I think my relapse last weekend really woke me the hell up. Time to grow up and learn to be a fuxking man. If I have to be around people like me living a sober life or talk to a therapist, or even talk to you guys, I'm ready and willing to put in work. My wife deserves better and so do I. Tired of just skating by. Ready to move in the right direction.
    Sounds like we are walking down the same path. I'd hold hands with ya but I'm a little further (farther? Grammar Nazi's, can I get a ruling here please?)on my way. Unfortunately there isn't really anybody who teaches this stuff to most people. My parents sure as hell didn't teach it to me, it's shit that they haven't even figured out yet. I drill it into my kids heads like there is no fucking tomorrow though. It's all shit that I had to discover on my own until I started listening to Joe Rogan's podcast (check it out)

Also, Zyzz pic related.
    You hit the nail on the head with "skating by" though dude. I did that shit for yeas until I got a degree and the job I have now. After I got "the big job" though, things were great and great and I made a lot of progress, in all honesty I was still just coasting through life with no real direction when looking back I know I could have been doing a lot more. I don't want to keep making money for other people, my last boss builds airplanes in his fucking basement for shits and giggles. That's how he's ballin. I want to work for my self and build something with my friends, and have other people make ME money. Now I'm focused on getting all the pieces in position to make that happen. Life is a game of chess, not checkers.
    Yeah I hear that dude. Right now I'm working my balls off for shit money and for an asshole boss I can't fucking stand. Just to barely get by check to check. I have masonry skills but there's no work out there right now on that field. It really sucks. I wish I could afford time off to go to cdl school or plumbing or something. Not happy with my job right now. Wasted a lot of years shoving booze and drugs down my throat, Christ I wish I loaned to my mom and got a career cause now it's a struggle. But even with that it could be way worse, we could have no money no cars no house, ect... I'm grateful for what I have but when the opportunity presents itself, I'm gonna be all over some kind of training for another field. Things could be worse! I'm ok right now where I'm at with that, just wish they'd gimme a rsise.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Who is that dude and is he dead? That's what I gathered from the comic
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jobe said:

I'd be so awesome at it though.

"Fix your diet"
    "Exercise"
    "set some goals"
    "quit wasting time"
    "focus on what the fuck you are doing"
    "what do you want to accomplish?"
    "what will it take to make it happen?"
    "Pick up the pace"
    "is this the best way you can be directing your energy?"

I could go on forever. I was born for this.

Good list. also dont forget...
    "kill people, burn shit, fuck school"
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Jobe said:

Life is a game of chess, not checkers.

aww yeaa denzel shit right thurr
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I heard a guy on the bus say "Man, Im really good at checkers" and I thought, that's a lot like saying "Man, Im not really good at a lot of things"
    mrAPE said:

Who is that dude and is he dead? That's what I gathered from the comic

Zyzz.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyzz

here you go, Jobe

"The quick and dirty tip is to use “farther” for physical distance and “further” for metaphorical, or figurative, distance. It's easy to remember because “farther” has the word “far” in it, and“far” obviously relates to physical distance."

Thanks. I was pretty sure it was further, but couldn't remember why.