Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Fuck.

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

you're being obtuse though....

No, I dont believe I am- If anything im just speaking about something I really don't have much knowledge of because I've never had a alcohol addiction. I've been addicted to cigarettes before, and am completely free of that addiction, however I feel that if I were to smoke one right now, big deal. It wouldnt get me restarted on the addiction. (although I doubt I could smoke a cig due to how harsh it is on the lungs of a nonsmoker.)

Anyways, I guess all im trying to say is that I have George's back. I'm not disappointed that he got drunk after being sober for 3 years. I think it's okay, and im sorry his band and wife are pissed at him.
    edited January 2013
    then there are 5 pages of people being obtuse. Last time I checked no one else here (besides George) was an alcoholic at one point in their life.

Is alcohol addiction really all that much different that nicotine addiction? I've heard that nicotine addiction is one of the most difficult addictions to break. At one point I was up to between 2-3 packs a day. cig free now.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    It's not very hard to beat in my experience
    imageimage

Cigarettes? A quick google search of "most difficult addiction to break" results in pages of people/scientist claiming nicotine is the most difficult. Followed by Heroin. Alcohol seemed to come in a several places behind Nicotine. Valium typically ranks higher.

https://www.google.com/search?q=most+difficult+addiction+to+break&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org
    Ok. And like I said it's not very hard in my experience
    imageimage
    Cigarettes are the only thing I would say i've ever been addicted too. Well Caffeine as well, however I've never wanted to give up Caffeine. Between Caffeine and Nicotine though, I'd say Nicotine was very difficult to stop for me personally.

I wonder at what point you become an alcoholic. Because I went to Washington State which at the time was nationally know for being a huge party school. I drank every day for 4 years.... never really thought I was addicted though. When I graduated I kinda stopped drinking. Not because I didnt like getting drunk but because I didnt have the time for it with work and such. I never had any real withdrawals or anything noticeable.

I wish I drank more than I do now.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

:|:|:| any addiction is hard to beat. thats why it's an addiction.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    To put it pretty simply, as a person who also stopped smoking cigarrettes, if you thought it was easy to quit, then you weren't addicted.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page

:|:|:| any addiction is hard to beat. thats why it's an addiction.
    Must have never been addicted in my approx 10 years of smoking.
    imageimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    so you were the one that just did it to look cool?
    I remember when I would have nicotine fits because I waited an hour to smoke... And then when I finally got that cigarette, it was better than a steak dinner after not eating for a day. The satisfaction I received was unmatched. Glad I finally kicked it though, and for sure never want to go back.

so you were the one that just did it to look cool?

No. I did it because I enjoyed it
    imageimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    pretty damn commendable
    imageimage
    You're being too hard on yourself George.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nah, I gotta put my sobriety before anything and everything else or I will have nothing. I'm going to a meeting everyday. I can't fucking drink, it will kill me but worst off hurt the ones that love me the most. I need to be hard on myself and take this serious and move forward in the right direction. A relapse can be the strongest motivator to get life on the right track. That's how I'm looking at it.
    Episode said:

Good fucking God you are braindead

Your 'shit talking' card was revoked rapper boy. come back when your album reaches 10 people downloaded, and then we can talk.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lol nice comeback. Figures that's all you have to say. You are a retard. Is it a big deal if I drink once every 3 years? No. Is it a big deal if I sniff a line every 3 years? No. Is it a big deal if a former alcoholic or coke head do them once every 3 years? Yes, because it can destroy however long of a sobriety streak they had and get them back on their self destructive path. It's not a difficult concept. You are retarded.
    Incorrect. At some point, depending on the substance, you no longer are physically addicted to the substance. You are no longer any different that you or I or someone else who has never been addicted to it. Except they might be at a better spot cause they know their limits.

As I previously said but you didnt quote that- I was a heavy smoker, and very addicted. I haven't smoked anything in probably close to 5 years. Today if I were to smoke a cig, I wouldnt be back on my 2 pack per day tomorrow. No, I kicked the addiction.

George breaking his sobriety isnt the first step back to him being a raging alcoholic. I mean it's cool if he wants to make a big deal of it so he can make sure he stays clean... but I trust him enough to know he isnt going to let it get control of his life again.