Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Fuck.

HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
My wife's pissed at me and I guess I just need to vent. A buddy of mine came through last night, he had liquor and I fuckin drank. Almost 3 years sober. I got no one to blame but myself. My bands pissed at me, my wife is super pissed. I'm just dissapointed in myself. I'm stronger then that and I worked so fucking hard. This is a huge wake up call that maybe I should start going to meetings and gettin my inside head together. I donno. I feel like shit. I just have always been open about this with these boards so I figured I'd spill the beans here. Going to a meeting tomorrow. Can't get back into drinking full time. Sorry if anyone's mad at me for being a selfish piece of shit. I need to take this one chance I have and roll with it and let it be a lesson. I just wish I woulda talked to someone before I drank. Can't go in the past just looking forward.

Comments

• TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    If you realize you might have a problem and are willing to help yourself before its too late, thats not selfish at all.
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    damn. good luck staying sober doe. why'd you decide to do it?
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Eh man people make mistakes, it's the people that keep making the same mistake that I have no sympathy for. Atleast you know you fucked up and are doing something to try to fix it. It's more I can say for some of my friends who have been to rehap multiple times and will get themselves sober only to relapse a month into sobriety, over and over again
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Mistakes happen. You can't look at those three years as wasted time. One drink doesn't make you the alcoholic you were. You're still a strong guy for being able to do three years completely dry :-bd

If it really is hurting you all that much, just tell yourself that three years far outweighs five minutes. Minor slip up.
    I love winning with women
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just fuckin did it. Wasn't even thinkin about consequences, just had a urge. I been fighting this shit for over a decade. I know that alcohol will kill me if I drink. Luckily I have good people on my life and they're going to bombard me with support. I didn't lie, I was honest with everyone. All the guys in the band are in drug/alcohol recovery. That's why our names sicker than most cause in the meeting they say some are sicker than others, were sicker than most. Anyway they got my back and are gonna take me to recovery groups. I think I need to just go in with an open mind and hopefully it helps. I can't blame my buddy it was my choice. This morning the asshole woke up and got drunk again and kept beggin me to drink with him. After like 20 mins of him talkin and spitting at me he fukkin grabbed my shirt. Then I noticed there was beer in my dogs bowl. I told him if e touched me again I was gonna knock him out. He grabbed my collar. I jabbed him, he came at me and I just leveled him into my Xmas tree. He was down or like 15 mins then wanted to fight me and all the druken drama. The point of the story is I'm 28 and need to learn and move on from this and learn my fuxkin lesson. I mean Christ I haven't hit someone except in a pit in like 10 years. I gotta get control o my shit. Fuck.
    Alex said:

Mistakes happen. You can't look at those three years as wasted time. One drink doesn't make you the alcoholic you were. You're still a strong guy for being able to do three years completely dry :-bd

If it really is hurting you all that much, just tell yourself that three years far outweighs five minutes. Minor slip up.

Thanks man. And you're right I was dry, I think maybe going to meetings and being around positive people like me could help with the internal struggle I always thought AA/NA was like a cult, but it obv works for some. I'm gonna give it a try and stay away from fucking asshole loser alcoholics.
    Rex is gonna be didsapoint :(
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Think about the people you let down with this. I understand why your wife is upset. Good luck
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    waking up and getting drunk would suck. its a waste of a day.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Dont let this slip up discourage you. You've done good for years, you can get back on the right track.

Best of luck man!
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    mrAPE said:

Think about the people you let down with this. I understand why your wife is upset. Good luck

Thanks guys. I'm gonna get this shit right. Can say it, just do it.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    If you have an addiction slip ups are going to happen....the important thing is that your realize your mistakes and have the support system around you to not continue those slip ups
    Yeah. That's why u was honest with those closest to me. Tryna keep a secret and being sneaky would end up not helping. I told my close friends right away so they can help. I just wish I didn't upset my wife so much, I feel terrible.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    troll
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Mmmmm I thought that too Skully :-?
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I mean....who has a Christmas tree up now!?
    Gnomez said:

I mean....who has a Christmas tree up now!?

well we're pretty lazy here in america. some people have their christmas lights still on their houses in like april lol
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    rex and todd are definitely in on this troll. don't know about ape though