Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I fucked my shoulder up over the winter, and it's still hasn't healed. Gonna have to make a follow up appointment for it someday. Getting doughy in the meantime.

You need to change your user name to Jobe-One-Dough-Boy 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    This vacation did not help me at all. 

I neeed to get my shit back together and get fit again. Because I am getting fat. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Shoulder is getting better and I and can probably start working it again. I'm gonna go have a piece of pumpkin pie though lol.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yea... I got home and immediately had pizza  
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Lost 20 pounds in the last few months and I haven't even really been doing shit but not drinking as much energy drinks and less beer. Need to really get myself into working out though I slack on that so hard. 
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    I’ve gained a little bit of love handles and belly but still grinding and tryna keep my old ass in shape. I’d be better if I could put down the beer
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just moved to the middle rack at pf for Dumbbell Bench press... not impressive to most here probably but it was a proud moment for me. 55lb dumbbells, 5 sets of 10. 
    Glad to hear you’re finding some happiness. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What pf do you go to chuck? I go to the one in Webster off hatch and empire next to Burlington 
    edited March 2020
    I need to figure out how to get back into shape. I have been so fucking busy lately, I haven't worked out in months, and I haven't worked out according to my old routine in almost a year. I've gained a bunch of weight. I've ballooned up, and lost a lot of my muscle definition. I feel like shit most of the time. But I can't find the time to make it over to the gym. Between driving time, my internship, my job, and my band, I just don't have time for it, and it sucks. I want to get up earlier to go to the gym, but I'm only averaging between 4 and 5 hours of sleep a night as is. 

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Go to play it again sports and get a cheap incline bench and some dumbbells. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Trying to work up to running a full marathon. Had a surprisingly good run that ended at 17.31 miles. Odd number I know but I am running on time intervals not specific distances since there’s a 7 hour time limit for the Flying Pig. The run was yesterday, woke up today feeling like shit. We are just under 2 months from the race and I can’t lose time being sick. Might just have to power through and keep running even with the sinus issues. Hoping I can be over it by Sunday for my next long run. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Ape what tips do you have for some one who's never done running that wants to get into it? It's always something I wanted to do and now that I'm losing weight again, I kinda wanna try to aim towards that. Plus the gf runs and that's something I'd like to do with her as opposed to just showing up and watching lol 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    When I started the longest I had ever run was a mile and that was in high school. I haven’t followed any kind of training plan or anything I just listened to my body. When it was time to stop I stopped. Don’t try and run too fast or too far when you’re starting out. Just do what you can and slowly build on it. I like to run in the morning before eating a proper meal (I’ll have some pretzels or a piece of bread so my stomach isn’t completely empty) but my wife likes to run around noon or late afternoon you just have to find what works for you. Trial and error everyone is different. Biggest tip is to go to a running store and have them work with you to try on different shoes. They will watch how you step and get you in the proper shoe. Also don’t cheap out on the shoes if the pair that works best for you is $150 bite the bullet and get them because you’ll be wishing you had once you start into longer distances 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    I need to get back into running myself. I was doing pretty good last summer and fall and stopped because of excuses and have put the weight back on.

at first i feel like the key is to not push yourself too hard. Run a block, walk a block or something. 

I have thus ck25 app that has you start by alternating running for 1 minute and then walking for 1 minute. 

You do that for a week and them ot changes to running for a minute and a 1/2, and each week gets longer. Its a good way to build up your stamina and not burn yourself out. 
    Ape’s 100% right on the shoes. My GF’s sister is a pediatrist, and she recommended some shoes for me and they helped me so much. Get good shoes that are fit for the way you walk.  
    The name of the app/program Rex is talking about is called Couch to 5k and is exactly what you need to look up Dime. 
    Yeah thats what it is. Its great for starting out.