Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

More reasons Catholics are a pestilence

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Atheists woohoo!!!!
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    there are only 10 commandments
    The joke

Your head. Also I agree with xeno you can't pick and choose shit out of the bible to believe. All or none
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i guess your idea of religion is different then mine. i dont believe everyone can be right about everything but i believe my religion is the closest to the truth.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited December 2011
    Damn Yogas the devil billy lol.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well then you're not a real roman catholic. You either believe everything in the bible is true, or none of it.

You probably think that's a way too simplistic a way to look at it, and I used to also, but then I woke up.
    You're taking it a little bit far by saying he's "not a real Roman Catholic," because then even the Pope, etc, would not be a "real Roman Catholic," and that fool is literally infallible.
    Also I agree with xeno you can't pick and choose shit out of the bible to believe. All or none
    It's a fallacy, for sure, but one that every religion commits.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    touche salesman
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    more reasons for whom? pretty sure no one here needs extra reasons why religion is harmful to civilization.
    *ahem*
    Was that a fuck-you ahem, or a I-would-like-to-have-a-list-of-these-reasons ahem?
    It was a i am one who fails to see the harm religion has on society... other than asshole extremists "ahem"
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    well then you're not a real roman catholic. You either believe everything in the bible is true, or none of it.

You probably think that's a way too simplistic a way to look at it, and I used to also, but then I woke up.
    You're taking it a little bit far by saying he's "not a real Roman Catholic," because then even the Pope, etc, would not be a "real Roman Catholic," and that fool is literally infallible.
    Also I agree with xeno you can't pick and choose shit out of the bible to believe. All or none
    It's a fallacy, for sure, but one that every religion commits.
    Which is why religion is bull shit
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    edited December 2011
    more reasons for whom? pretty sure no one here needs extra reasons why religion is harmful to civilization.
    *ahem*
    Was that a fuck-you ahem, or a I-would-like-to-have-a-list-of-these-reasons ahem?
    It was a i am one who fails to see the harm religion has on society... other than asshole extremists "ahem"
    Personally it's a double edged sword for me. Some people need religion. Hell, even Benjamin Franklin admitted that the whole point of religion is to keep people in line. If most people didn't believe that they would be punished for not being an upright citizen then they wouldn't be one. But since most people are so stupid, they now think that they are better than everyone else for it, and are also the ones who try to oppress other people due to stupid, outdated beliefs in the Bible, or at least ones others have convinced them are in there (such as interracial marriage).

I think if we just taught people the usefulness of being a good person without a divine being always watching you we would get better results.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    agnostic >>>>>> atheist
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    when I was in jr. high I visited a friend's church. I did that a lot back then because I was trying to be very open-minded about religion and visited dozens of different types of churches. I came away from that experience believing all churches are basically the same, they worship the same God and all had their own fucked up way of turning that into hating people who are different than you.

anyways, my friend's church was some kind of born-again christian denomination
    basically composed of my friend's family and a few stragglers. his dad was the pastor.
    and when they asked me which church I normally went to, I told them I don't go to church regularly
    but was raised Roman Catholic. I was never confirmed and I identify more with Celtic Paganism than anything else.
    their eyes widened, they stepped backwards and let out a light gasp.
    "Don't you know that Catholics are Satanists?". . . . what? . . . "Catholics are the only religion that believe in the existance of Satan" . . . so? . . . . "Therefore, they give EXISTANCE to Satan". . . but how are you supposed to fight Satan if you don't believe he exists? . . . "By not BELIEVING he exists" . . . who exists? . . . "Satan" . . . doesn't giving him a name and talking about him like he's real kind of MAKE HIM REAL??? . . .this went on forever, and they argued every fine point withm the same backwards logic. I was 13, arguing the philosophy of existentialism with a bunch of brainwashed bible thumpers.

I told my friend later that I had never heard such a crock of shit in my whole life. his family wouldn't let him hang out with him anymore after that. thank God.
    yea i mean if ur christian technically you believe that jesus met satan... so its not like you could just like not believe in him or then your basically saying jesus is full of shit
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Atheists woohoo!!!!
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    agnostic >>>>>> atheist
    Atheists are agnostics with balls. He's either there or he's not. Decide.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    why does god have to be a he fuckin sexist
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

I told my friend later that I had never heard such a crock of shit in my whole life. his family wouldn't let him hang out with him anymore after that. thank God.
    :))
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I came away from that experience believing all churches are basically the same, they worship the same God and all had their own fucked up way of turning that into hating people who are different than you
    Mine doesnt teach hate at all
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2011