Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

More reasons Catholics are a pestilence

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    i love when people pray when like someone gets in a car wreck and they dont know if there going to make, its like if god could save them then just dont have the car crash at all.. either there is no fate or gods a dick
    "Oh lawd he dun lost all his limbs and cant talk but he alive!! oh praise da lawd itza muricle!!!!"
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I just kind of thought about it now, probably about eight years ago or something I got in an argument with this girl I went to school with. She had some sort of cancer a few years prior and said that God and prayers cured her, and I was like, "no, it was the doctors and medicine. Nothing else." Looking back it was probably pretty rude of me to just go at her like that when I had never even said anything else to her besides that, but... :))
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    the number one thing that made me think there is prob not a god is that i assume that if there is a god he could control things like not having children die and stuff..like what is the point of like a 5 day old baby dieing if there is a god?? to me the only answer you could conclude is there is no god and bad shit just happens sometimes unfortunately
    I just kind of thought about it now, probably about eight years ago or something I got in an argument with this girl I went to school with. She had some sort of cancer a few years prior and said that God and prayers cured her, and I was like, "no, it was the doctors and medicine. Nothing else." Looking back it was probably pretty rude of me to just go at her like that when I had never even said anything else to her besides that, but... :))
    actually they say though that medically people who pray have a better survival rate...not because of god but because it boosts some shit in there body thats good..weird shit
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Don't worry I've done the same thing without realizing how terrible what I said was. I was arguing with a friend in like, 4th or 5th grade about if gay people should be able to get married. She told me the bible says it's not allowed, and I go "Well so is divorce, but your parents are!" :-S
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    actually they say though that medically people who pray have a better survival rate...not because of god but because it boosts some shit in there body thats good..weird shit
    As long as they know that they are being prayed for or that they're praying for themselves then yes you're right. The mind is a very powerful thing.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    The will to fight. Pretty much they give up and accept death if you don't believe in anything. If you believe in God and pray and have that faith and will, that "something" that is in your body kicks in and helps out along with the medicine. Weird right?
    yup pretty weird
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Don't worry I've done the same thing without realizing how terrible what I said was. I was arguing with a friend in like, 4th or 5th grade about if gay people should be able to get married. She told me the bible says it's not allowed, and I go "Well so is divorce, but your parents are!" :-S
    =)) That's fucked up, but damn it's funny.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited December 2011
    i think most haterid towards religion comes from misunderstandings and or people passing around false information. and its a shame cause not only does that drive people away but it also subjects religion to constant ridicule.
    so the Crusades are misinformation? millions being slaughtered in the name of God is false? How about the purging of the pagans?
    first of all, you took what i said out of context. second, if people believe they have to slaughter millions of people for god then they are misinformed. third, im not going to deny that the church has made its mistakes in the past but i dont think that should be held against religion. that'd be like still being angry at white people because of slavery.
    by that logic we shouldn't hold the holocaust against the Nazi's and i'm not sure if you noticed but a ton of hood rats still walk around like we owe them something over slavery.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    i think most haterid towards religion comes from misunderstandings and or people passing around false information. and its a shame cause not only does that drive people away but it also subjects religion to constant ridicule.
    so the Crusades are misinformation? millions being slaughtered in the name of God is false? How about the purging of the pagans?
    first of all, you took what i said out of context. second, if people believe they have to slaughter millions of people for god then they are misinformed. third, im not going to deny that the church has made its mistakes in the past but i dont think that should be held against religion. that'd be like still being angry at white people because of slavery.
    by that logic we shouldn't hold the holocaust against the Nazi's and i'm not sure if you noticed but a ton of hood rats still walk around like we owe them something over slavery.
    7570.gif 193.4K
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Skipped conversation. Not reading 200 new posts.

I don't personally believe in any religion but what I do know is I am against organized religion of any sort. Believe what you want nobody else has to know about it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I only believe in Tim Tebow

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I only believe in Tim Tebow
    \m/
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The Bible is actually a great source of wisdom and philosophy on how to act in life.

I think all you guys need to read The Lost Symbol.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    The Bible is actually a great source of wisdom and philosophy on how to act in life.

reading the bible is the quickest way to become an atheist
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies

Goddamn that book was predictable.

image Photobucket
    I didn't think so. I guess I'm just not as good at predicting things as some.