Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Fitness Thread*

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    There needs to be a law against fat people in skimpy clothes and men wearing short shorts lol.

Check out "So you think you can bench" on youtube for some awesome tips on proper benching form.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Wow they do have a lot there!
    Getting a decent arch in your back is helpful (less distance to travel).
    Having a bench shirt helps too...I have a Titan F6 shirt which works wonders
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Did shoulders and back today. I am steadily increasing my 1RM in everything since going on my mass gainer 2 weeks ago. I only take 2/3 the reccommended serving and nothing else. Haven't changed my doer either. I can already see differences in my arms and chest. I can't praise the stuff anymore. During ky cutting cycle is when ill really watch my diet.
    What do u do for back and shoulders?
    Chin ups?
    Seated rows?
    One armed rows?
    Good mornings?
    i do one arm rows,incline dumbell benchpress at 90* so its all shoulders, seated good mornings, barbell shoulder shrugs, and barbell bent over back lifts. sometimes if im feeling ambitious ill add in reverse cable flys. havent decided if i like them yet. i do 3sets of 6 for each exercsise
    Not magic but yes they do help - I have previously gotten 30-40kg out of mine
    2.2lb to 1kg
    Do the math
    Sigh...no the bench shirt gave me an extra 30-40kg on my PB
    My best bench in a comp is 160kg (with a body weight of 75kg).
    There is no way I could lift that raw (with no shirt)
    Is that a picture of your life partner Bradley?
    Yes they are and theyre as uncomfortable as fuck too....they are not for regular training...just for competitions
    weird
    How do they help you lift?
    It's like an extremely tight kids wetsuit.
    You need plastic bags on your arms and someone else to help you put it on
    Generally the tighter it is the better and you can't put your arms down because its so tight across the chest and arms and back (so you walk around like Frankenstein with your arms out in front).
    The shirt is so tight across the chest that you need to load the bar up with a lot of weight to get it down on your chest.
    Once it's on your chest the shirt gives a bit of spring for the first 6-8 inches and you then need decent triceps to finish off the bench.
    My last shirt was so tight that my forearms turned blue from poor circulation and I blew blood vessels in my eyes as it was so tight across my throat.
    Most don't do that - I was just going a bit extreme
    You should ask your gym about local powerlifting competitions and go along to check one out some time
    I don't have a gym, I work out at home. I don't have enough free time to make a gym membership worth it.
    Just google it then and look up "powerlifting" in your town or region...I'm sure there would be comps coming up all the time.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Just schooled a couple friends at b-ball for about 90 minutes.... Would have done more shot afterwards; but I had to take off.

Not sure what to think about this.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    For y'all that use whey protein:

Any of y'all use the Blender Bottle? Best shit ever. Absolutely no chunks in the shake, and the only other way to get no chunks is with a blender, which is a hassle for every time you make a shake when you work out daily, and mixing it with a spoon or butter knife always leaves chunks. The Blender Bottle makes it extremely smooth and frothy, therefore, more like a milkshake. Makes it taste a lot better too, 'cause it's mixed better, so delicious. I'm currently using the Chocolate Peanut Butter one, and it tastes exactly like Reese's.
    For y'all that use whey protein:

Any of y'all use the Blender Bottle? Best shit ever. Absolutely no chunks in the shake, and the only other way to get no chunks is with a blender, which is a hassle for every time you make a shake when you work out daily, and mixing it with a spoon or butter knife always leaves chunks. The Blender Bottle makes it extremely smooth and frothy, therefore, more like a milkshake. Makes it taste a lot better too, 'cause it's mixed better, so delicious. I'm currently using the Chocolate Peanut Butter one, and it tastes exactly like Reese's.
    I was thinking about getting one of those. I don't mind using a blender though because I like to add ice cubes to my shake.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I only hit the gym twice last week due to my back spasming, but I think i'm back to 100% this week. :-bd