Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bin Laden Dead!!!! America, Fuck Yeah!!!

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i think imprisonment is out of the question here, regardless of whos paying. fuck morals, you kill thousands of innocent people you get a bullet in the fucking head. case closed
    I get that is your opinion. I do disagree, but we are both entitled to our opinions.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If OBL was ever in a US prison, he would be merc'd instantly.
    my "ethical" decisions aren't only based on a system that isn't changing anytime soon.
    I don't want him on our soil. I don't want him being "taken care of" like he would be in prison. he deserved death and it's at least a partial dent in al queda.
    once again, stop trying to put words in my mouth.
    If your ethical stances on this issue is not only based on our current broken prison system, then what is the other areas of this topic that you form your basis from?

You did state that you "don't want him taken care of like he would be in prison", however that statement is still apart of the broken prison system.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    and all your ethical talk is all hypothetical, our prison system has been that way for a long time so this convo is pretty much useless
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    why in the fucking world does he deserve trial when he admitted on video to the 9/11 attacks and many other things?
    he's not an American citizen therefore he does not get the rights that we have to fair trials.
    saddam hussein was taken into captivity and got a trial because we didn't have to fear him being strapped with a bomb or having his minions come and bomb the fuck out of us while having him detained.
    What the hell makes Americans so important? We have those rights because we were entitled to them by the Constitution as American citizens, but it shouldn't stop there. There should be no man in the entire world without the rights that we are so privileged to have, one of them is the right to a fair trial. It's not even true that non-American citizens don't have the right to a free trial, it happens all the time. It shouldn't be any different for him than if it were some peanut farmer from Mississippi who killed all those people. They both deserve a trial, they both deserve to die, they both deserve to be brought to justice.

I think the primary reason why it's probably advantageous to not have a trial is the issue of a jury of their peers. Try prosecuting that man with an impartial jury, ick, the logistics.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    why in the fucking world does he deserve trial when he admitted on video to the 9/11 attacks and many other things?
    he's not an American citizen therefore he does not get the rights that we have to fair trials.
    saddam hussein was taken into captivity and got a trial because we didn't have to fear him being strapped with a bomb or having his minions come and bomb the fuck out of us while having him detained.
    Now this is only my opinion, because you did just ask for it. But I don't really put much weight on geographic boarders. I consider all of humanity as equal, and believe every person regardless of race, gender, or some arbituary line drawn in the sand, has an EQUAL right to life, liberty, or property (AKA the pursuit of happiness if you like that wording better). Every single person on this planet has those exact rights, and no single person has the right to take those rights away from others. If someone does infringe on anothers right to life, liberty, or property, then I believe it is ethical to allow this person to defend his actions in a trial of his unbiased peers. Was OBL guilty? Yes I believe he was, and the trial would have been quick. Do I think he should not been afforded that right by a civilized society? No, I think even the worst of monsters deserves that right to defend themselves. Without that right, society runs the a great danger of taking an innocent mans life, liberty, or property.

So that is why I believe OBL deserved a trial of his peers. I don't care about citizenship.... lines drawn in the sand are stupid. We are all apart of the human race, and it is the global society that he should have answered to.
    I'm trying to wrap my head around why Wine and I are in agreement on this issue, but it such starch opposition on the last philosophical debate we had. I haven't completed this line of thought.
    i could understand even giving him a trial, as long as the death penalty was an option, none of this life in jail bullshit
    i could understand even giving him a trial, as long as the death penalty was an option, none of this life in jail bullshit
    oh sure. Why would that not be an option? But really the death penalty is a completely different topic, that I would rather not address that now partly because I don't think I have really made a decision where I stand on that issue.

bottom line is the dude was evil and deserved nothing more than death, what am i supposed to sympathize with him??
    bottom line is the dude was evil and deserved nothing more than death, what am i supposed to sympathize with him??
    no, i don't think anyone was asking you to sympathize.
    so then you have no problem with him being dead, just the fact that he didnt have a fair trial??
    so then you have no problem with him being dead, just the fact that he didnt have a fair trial??
    yeah totally dude. Actually I don't even have a problem that he did not have a fair trail. In an ideal world the SEALS would have captured him alive because he was unarmed, and he would have stood trial with an unbaised jury of peers (if this is even possible), and considering the death penalty is legal he more likely then not would have been sentenced to death. Do I think the SEALS were wrong in their actions? Hardly. I wasnt there, and don't know what the situation was like. I am sure they probably felt justified in their kill shot. OBL had ample time to arrange a peaceful surrender, so I don't feel any sympathy for how things worked out for him.

In theory though, it would have been preferable had he been taken alive.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I know I'm a tad late, but I completely agree with Wake and Wine. I'm so tired of people putting Americans on some pedestal like we for whatever reason are the only ones that deserve what should be these universal human rights. Very well said.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    either way, YAY SEALS!
    bitch be dead and 0 fucks are given in this country as a whole about his 'rights'
    but arlo, in the middle eastern countries, they dont even have things as human rights, at least they arent recognized, so if we were to give him those rights hed be in all his glory
    he never had them and i dont think he should be given them
    imageimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    and to lighten the mood, heres a live puppy feed

Free TV Show from Ustream
    imageimage
    I know I'm a tad late, but I completely agree with Wake and Wine. I'm so tired of people putting Americans on some pedestal like we for whatever reason are the only ones that deserve what should be these universal human rights. Very well said.
    \m/ thanks.

although, a little surprising to hear support coming from a Texan. Don't most Texans think the universe revolves around Texas? :-))
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Like Wake said, it's OBL, I doubt that trial would last very long. I just believe that everyone at least deserves the chance.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not sympathizing with him in the least bit, I'm happy he's dead, and I'd defend the way the SEALS handled themselves against anyone. I understand they had no intentions to take him alive and I don't blame them at all. I'm just saying the most ideal thing to happen would be him standing trial, but I know damn well that would not be happening knowing how they were going to extract him. I'm not bothered by how it went down at all.
    in the middle eastern countries, they dont even have things as human rights, at least they arent recognized, so if we were to give him those rights hed be in all his glory he never had them and i dont think he should be given them
    A crime against humanity that is committed by a government does not justify the crime. Every human is entitled to their own life, liberty, and property. For a government to claim ownership over those qualities is a crime against humanity. Just because your birth place happened to be in a favorable location in the world, does not give you a higher right to life.