Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Important, Please Read (NSFW)

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    so if i cant actually call her a whore, which means prostitute, i will call her a slut
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    when someone acts a certain way that most view as not acceptable they are going to be called out on it no matter how mean or harsh it is.
    I don't dislike Ellie but I do believe she acted like a slut and it was wrong.
    but I'm not going to harass her over it either. it's not my business.
    Dayna just summed up my thoughts perfectly.

just because you disagree with how Ellie acts does not mean you need to call her out on it.

And it wasn't like you privately said to her (at least not to my knowledge. If you did then disregard this) "Hey Ellie, why do you do stuff like that? Ever think that maybe that's the wrong way to go about life?" or something like that, and then she disagreed, got pissed at you, you got pissed at her, and then shit exploded.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    so if i cant actually call her a whore, which means prostitute, i will call her a slut
    And what would your reaction be if people called you a slut because you aren't at their personal moral standard?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    but yet i deal with it when its thrown at me so your point is invalid and i dont cry to the mods about it because WAHHH MY FEELINGS ARE HURT
    Which thread was it where Alex said something about how if people didn't stop talking about your relationship he would leave the forums?

I forgot which one...
    i dont know
    that was him, not me
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited April 2011
    but yet i deal with it when its thrown at me so your point is invalid and i dont cry to the mods about it because WAHHH MY FEELINGS ARE HURT
    Which thread was it where Alex said something about how if people didn't stop talking about your relationship he would leave the forums?

I forgot which one...
    I forgot which thread too, but yes, I did.

I said my peace when it needed to be said. I was tired of just sitting back and letting it happen, so I made my opinion known.

Will it continue? Obviously. Will I leave? Probably not.

I was (am) more upset because I came here to learn more about music, not scrutiny of my relationship.
    I love winning with women
    when someone acts a certain way that most view as not acceptable they are going to be called out on it no matter how mean or harsh it is.

just because you disagree with how Ellie acts does not mean you need to call her out on it.

And it wasn't like you privately said to her (at least not to my knowledge. If you did then disregard this) "Hey Ellie, why do you do stuff like that? Ever think that maybe that's the wrong way to go about life?" or something like that, and then she disagreed, got pissed at you, you got pissed at her, and then shit exploded.
    i cant call someone out and express my opinion on a forum which is based off opinions?

and i actually did talk to her privatley when her brother told me to
    consider that last part disregarded
    imageimage
    And what would your reaction be if people called you a slut because you aren't at their personal moral standard?
    thats fine, i get called it all the time
    imageimage
    But as I said, it'll happen still. I wouldn't call me BUTTHURT exactly when I said that, just a little annoyed that it kept happening.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited April 2011
    glad to see everyone sitting idly as their freedoms are chipped away. bravo guys, bravo

And as for the shit that was said to erik, i'll make sure i get it and post it
    edited April 2011
    I said my peace when it needed to be said. I was tired of just sitting back and letting it happen, so I made my opinion known.

I was (am) more upset because I came here to learn more about music, not scrutiny of my relationship.
    The same point can be made towards your gf couldn't it?

Edit: Remember I'm basing this off of your reaction to what was going on, this isn't me trying to start shit.
    thats fine, i get called it all the time
    Would you leave their comment alone and not say anything back, or would you react to it?

Explain..
    yea tim so like i said
    opinions of what people say are now not allowed
    WELCOME TO THE NUMAYHEMFORUMS ENJOY YOUR STAY WHILE WE TAKE AWAY YOUR FREEDOM OF OPINION AND SPEECH
    This is just taking it to far now.

It's not like you're gonna say "Nahh I hate this band" and then get banned for it. I mean, come on now

Explain..
    People have attacked yalls relationship which made you very upset. As you say it made you upset because your relationship was being talked about more than music.

Are you annoyed at the amount of scrutiny your gf places on others instead of talking about music as well?
    Shane, tell me you're trolling.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    yea tim so like i said
    opinions of what people say are now not allowed
    WELCOME TO THE NUMAYHEMFORUMS ENJOY YOUR STAY WHILE WE TAKE AWAY YOUR FREEDOM OF OPINION AND SPEECH
    This is just taking it to far now.

It's not like you're gonna say "Nahh I hate this band" and then get banned for it. I mean, come on now
    its going to come to that

i cant call someone out and express my opinion on a forum which is based off opinions?

and i actually did talk to her privatley when her brother told me to
    consider that last part disregarded
    All right well then like I said, I understand your point more now as to why you called her out in the first place.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Can we just fucking unban Erik and move the fuck on, if he breaks the rules again, then ban him. but Come on people....
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    glad to see everyone sitting idly as their freedoms are chipped away. bravo guys, bravo

And as for the shit that was said to erik, i'll make sure i get it and post it
    Freedoms?

This isn't the real world, mayne.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    On the Alex and Bianca situation, I have no problem with your dating stuff. I don't really see it as a relationship until you've met but that's me, not you, so don't let me tell you what is what. One problem I'm having is when something about the relationship gets thrown at Bianca, she can't take it but she'll throw attacks at other people and they just have to deal with it. Seems very hypocritical to me.
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    This thread got off on the wrong foot with a hastily written post that was not as clear or diplomatic as it could have been. This subject has been under heavy discussion for about a week, and came to a head today thanks to some unpleasant behavior from a few members. Please enjoy the following revision.

Over the last few weeks, there has been a steady increase in the amount of forumer-to-forumer hateful posting. This is not the kind of community we want to build, and effective immediately, this behavior will no longer be tolerated. To be clear, the intent is not to force people talk to people they dislike, not to force anyone to back down from being called out. This change simply enforces the commonly held belief that even people who disagree on important topics can co-exist, albeit silently if need be.

The kind of things that will get you into hot water are:
    - direct racism that cannot be explained as sarcasm by both sides
    - direct, unprovoked personal attacks on the character of another forumer

This thread serves as your warning. A 30 day ban from the forums will be assessed immediately to any poster that violates these rules. After the 30 days are up, the ban will be lifted. If this behavior is repeated thereafter, a new ban will be placed. This ban will not be removed.
    There's been a lot of uncalled for personal attacks on this board that goes beyond a joke or anything. Effective immediately, any personal attacks that wish death or sickness on anyone, bringing a forum member's family members into the thread, or doing anything else that is considered a personal attack on another forum member will be dealt with a 30 day ban from the forums. After the 30 days are up, if this is repeated the forum member will be perma-banned.
    Wait.... does that mean if I attack Shane in any way, I get banned? Wouldn't banning my IP be the same as banning Shane and vice versa? That's taking away both our opinions in a way.