Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Important, Please Read (NSFW)

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    When she says "when they are basically acting as such" makes it seem like she is saying it's true. yes it's all opinion but when people come to a general consensus on someone and how they act, views get created so if she says someone is a whore and believes it to be true, it is still a personal attack whether. It goes the other way as well, if I believe someone isn't a whore but someone calls said person a whore, it can still be regarded as a personal attack.
    Yeah we agree here Santana I'm just reinforcing that it's wrong to call people out over personal opinions when they act like their opinion is superior.
    There may be some people that believe Bianca to be a whore
    :>
    That is strictly meant as an example, I don't mean any insult by it. I know you prolly understand that but I want to make it clear.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited April 2011
    No, I was jus... never mind <_>
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    When she says "when they are basically acting as such" makes it seem like she is saying it's true. yes it's all opinion but when people come to a general consensus on someone and how they act, views get created so if she says someone is a whore and believes it to be true, it is still a personal attack whether. It goes the other way as well, if I believe someone isn't a whore but someone calls said person a whore, it can still be regarded as a personal attack.
    Yeah we agree here Santana I'm just reinforcing that it's wrong to call people out over personal opinions when they act like their opinion is superior.

ahhh I see what you mean. Cool!
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I get what Alex was saying lolololooollllololol
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    No...

"Bianca"

"whore"

I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Wow. Will won the thread. =D> I am proud.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Wow. Will read the thread. =D> I am proud.
    imageimage
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    9 pgs of new comments...ugh. I'm totally not reading that shit.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    but its important
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    but its important
    Sum it up for me. I'm trying to write my Eluveitie paper right now.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    edited April 2011
    Well said Will. Well said.

And Bianca it is still a personal attack. Just "because she is acting as such" does not give you the right to call her out on it and call her incredibly demeaning names. Your opinion (key word) is not superior to anybody else's.

What you view as morally correct is not the same as how others see it. She (apparently) doesn't care, or think what she does is wrong (if she did, she probably wouldn't be doing those things) and it is not right for you to be calling her out on it, talking down to her, and insulting her.

I don't agree with her actions (especially because what she did on cam with Erik is technically CP) but that doesn't mean I have the right to insult her and talk to/about her the way you did.

That is the problem here.

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    john posted
    things got misinterpreted
    Jay clarified
    people still bitched
    then Will won the thread (his comment is on the previous page)

Wow. Alright, let me straighten a few things out here.

First of all, this was not a power trip by one mod or a group of mods. Every single one of the mods approved of this measure, including myself.

Second of all, it wasn't one thread or one post or one single thing that caused this measure. It was a culmination of weeks of stuff. This rule is not in place solely because of the fight in the Fail/Owned thread early tonight.

Third of all, no one came crying or bitching to us that something was wrong. It was completely us.

All of the mods got together and agreed that the content posted by several members was just not acceptable. So this rule is designed to curb that. It is NOT intended to take away freedom of speech or any bullshit like that. We're not going to go around banning everyone who uses the words "faggot" and "nigger" in jest. However, we do have a problem when those words start to get thrown around hatefully. That stuff wouldn't be tolerated on any other forum, and I don't think it's too much to ask to use a little more discretion before you hit the "Post Comment" button.

I just want to ask a favor of all of you: Stay the course and give this a try. Like Tim said, 95% of the activity on the forum is completely unaffected by this rule, and after a while I'm sure few of you will even remember it's in place. If that's too much to ask, you are welcome to leave, but I ask on behalf of the mods that we try this out and see what happens. I really think this could make our forum better in the long run.

Feel free to message me on FB or on here if you have concerns. I really hope you'll give this a chance.

Sincerely,

Jaycup
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Alrighty.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    that is not bringing up her family, wishing she would die, etc so i dont see how it a personal attack
    me calling her a whore because IMO she was acting like it is like me calling someone retarded when they said a retarded statement
    get what im saying?
    imageimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    You're opinion (key word) is
    YOUR*

Fuck! Thank you. Fixed it. And I'm just like you and can't stand when people do that. Thank you for noticing it and calling me out on it.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    that is not bringing up her family, wishing she would die, etc so i dont see how it a personal attack
    me calling her a whore because IMO she was acting like it is like me calling someone retarded when they said a retarded statement
    get what im saying?
    A whore is somebody who takes money for sex.
    <_>
    no, thats a prostitute
    imageimage
    thats different, im ONLY your whore
    imageimage