Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Important, Please Read (NSFW)

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The whole private message conversation should be dropped. Tim is exactly ethically correct in not divulging another person's personal comments sent only to him. Tim would be very untrustworthy if he were to share another's private thoughts with the group. If Erik wanted his comments to Tim public, he would have made the comments in public.
    Brilliant idea, Erik should find a way around his ban and find a way to post that message here, sounds easy enough. By the way, lets have Jeff, Prince, and Rusty_Nail talk about why they think they were banned on here too.
    If I were to send a message to Tim that I wanted Tim to share, I would have said that in my PM to him. All I am saying is that I support Tim not betraying someone's trust by exposing a PM that he may or may not have wanted others to hear. What, is he a mind reader?

Note - I dont agree with his ban right now.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The whole private message conversation should be dropped. Tim is exactly ethically correct in not divulging another person's personal comments sent only to him. Tim would be very untrustworthy if he were to share another's private thoughts with the group. If Erik wanted his comments to Tim public, he would have made the comments in public.
    Brilliant idea, Erik should find a way around his ban and find a way to post that message here, sounds easy enough. By the way, lets have Jeff, Prince, and Rusty_Nail talk about why they think they were banned on here too.
    That's not what he's saying. He's saying if Erik wanted the messages he sent to Tim to be seen by everyone, he would've posted them here. Not he should come on and show us right now.
    He was banned before the messages in question were sent.
    *was not aware*
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    That's not what he's saying. He's saying if Erik wanted the messages he sent to Tim to be seen by everyone, he would've posted them here. Not he should come on and show us right now.
    right. Or make it clear that Tim can release his PM for public knowledge.

*was not aware*
    same. but still you should add a disclaimer that the PM could be read by all.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    WTF IS DIS SHIT

I understand a banning of racist and sexist remarks, but without personal attacks there would be no entertainment here.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    WTF IS DIS SHIT

I understand a banning of racist and sexist remarks, but without personal attacks there would be no entertainment here.
    Uh huh...sure.

Oh and btw you contradicted yourself there lol
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    edited April 2011
    Look at you people. Look at what you've been reduced to.

Look, I can honestly see why the mods would want to implement this rule. It's not a bad idea. Yes, at the same time, I do feel a bit offended, even for the people that give me shit on here, that the "free speech" is a bit affected. Yes, It gets really old that Marc gives me shit all the time, but whatever, he can say whatever he wants. I do appreciate that the mods want to make this a friendlier place, whatever their motives were.

But look at you people. Rarely, in all my years on the forum, have I seen so much hate come from you guys. I actually have a headache from reading this thread. You guys, I know we don't all have to like each other, but this thread has been completely blown out of proportion. I do see everyone's side, really. I see why Erik and everybody else would be pissed. I'm not trying to sound like a righteous, holier-than-thou asshole, because I'm not, I'm just giving my views, because as usual, I am late to the party.

Whatever the motives were, whether Tim just wants money like Erik suggested, or an honest effort from all the mods, I can see where they were coming from with this.

I'm completely indifferent to the layout change and name change. I'm just going to call it the "forums" or "Mayhem Forums" and all, but I am open enough to give this rule a try. If it doesn't work, it can be suspended and we all go back to being the family we already are. If it does work, you probably aren't even gonna care anyway. Guy gets banned, and eventually gets unbanned. New people are okay, but not too many.

Erik, I like you, but I honestly don't think that you will ever permanately leave. Not trying to sound like a dick, but that's my honest opinion. Everybody else on here talking shit on each other is normal, but this thread takes it to a new level. Or maybe I'm overthinking this, and it's just a huge amount in one place. I'm not saying we all have to like each other, but god damn, I have never seen everyone this hateful before.

I REFUSE to take sides in this. I'm ready to admit I'm not leaving, and hell, Ape will probably be back. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but still. As for me, I refuse to be on the side of the mods, or the "rebels", I'll call them, or the people that don't care. I'm completely neutral, and I'm on my own side. People will probably think I'm taking sides, but I'm not. I figure it'll probably even all out in the coming weeks. Maybe even sooner.

But I'm just appaled at the behavior of all of you. We may not all be adults here, but I don't think that it's too much to ask that we handle this professionally and like gentlemen. Again, I'm not trying to say I'm better than you, but we can handle this situation much better than this. This isn't the first time we've been in a huge jam. Look at us. Look at how far we've come in the last 4 years. We're a family. We fight, we love, we hate, and each one of us cares at least a little bit for one another. I'd like to think that if I were to die, all of you wouldn't feel at least a LITTLE saddened by it. We're a family, and we need to treat this matter professionally instead of everybody pointing fingers, getting asshurt, and crying. I do understand some of us are assholes to each other, but still.

Also, some of you have been talking about relocating, and to me, that is completely illogical, overreactive, and unnessesary. Look at what you've become.

This is my big speech, my thoughts, my 2cents, and my opinion. You don't like it, you don't have to, or agree with it. But I read the thread, and this is my honest effort to the entire matter.

Now everybody take one of these and pass it around. Lord knows we need to.

And thank you to those who actually took the time to read this.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    WTF IS DIS SHIT

Uh huh...sure.

Oh and btw you contradicted yourself there lol
    No I didn't.

There's a difference between bigotry and disagreements.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Look at you people. Look at what you've been reduced to.

Look, I can honestly see why the mods would want to implement this rule. It's not a bad idea. Yes, at the same time, I do feel a bit offended, even for the people that give me shit on here, that the "free speech" is a bit affected. Yes, It gets really old that Marc gives me shit all the time, but whatever, he can say whatever he wants. I do appreciate that the mods want to make this a friendlier place, whatever their motives were.

But look at you people. Rarely, in all my years on the forum, have I seen so much hate come from you guys. I actually have a headache from reading this thread. You guys, I know we don't all have to like each other, but this thread has been completely blown out of proportion. I do see everyone's side, really. I see why Erik and everybody else would be pissed. I'm not trying to sound like a righteous, holier-than-thou asshole, because I'm not, I'm just giving my views, because as usual, I am late to the party.

Whatever the motives were, whether Tim just wants money like Erik suggested, or an honest effort from all the mods, I can see where they were coming from with this.

I'm completely indifferent to the layout change and name change. I'm just going to call it the "forums" or "Mayhem Forums" and all, but I am open enough to give this rule a try. If it doesn't work, it can be suspended and we all go back to being the family we already are. If it does work, you probably aren't even gonna care anyway. Guy gets banned, and eventually gets unbanned. New people are okay, but not too many.

Erik, I like you, but I honestly don't think that you will ever permanately leave. Not trying to sound like a dick, but that's my honest opinion. Everybody else on here talking shit on each other is normal, but this thread takes it to a new level. Or maybe I'm overthinking this, and it's just a huge amount in one place. I'm not saying we all have to like each other, but god damn, I have never seen everyone this hateful before.

I REFUSE to take sides in this. I'm ready to admit I'm not leaving, and hell, Ape will probably be back. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but still. As for me, I refuse to be on the side of the mods, or the "rebels", I'll call them, or the people that don't care. I'm completely neutral, and I'm on my own side. People will probably think I'm taking sides, but I'm not. I figure it'll probably even all out in the coming weeks. Maybe even sooner.

But I'm just appaled at the behavior of all of you. We may not all be adults here, but I don't think that it's too much to ask that we handle this professionally and like gentlemen. Again, I'm not trying to say I'm better than you, but we can handle this situation much better than this. This isn't the first time we've been in a huge jam. Look at us. Look at how far we've come in the last 4 years. We're a family. We fight, we love, we hate, and each one of us cares at least a little bit for one another. I'd like to think that if I were to die, all of you wouldn't feel at least a LITTLE saddened by it. We're a family, and we need to treat this matter professionally instead of everybody pointing fingers, getting asshurt, and crying. I do understand some of us are assholes to each other, but still.

Also, some of you have been talking about relocating, and to me, that is completely illogical, overreactive, and unnessesary. Look at what you've become.

This is my big speech, my thoughts, my 2cents, and my opinion. You don't like it, you don't have to, or agree with it. But I read the thread, and this is my honest effort to the entire matter.

Now everybody take one of these and pass it around. Lord knows we need to.

Way to make a great and well written point, only to ruin it with a hookah pic.

All joking aside though, you're absolutely right.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    "But I'm just appaled at the behavior of all of you."

the fuck did i do? D:
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    edited April 2011
    Thank you, Brian.

I was considering whether or not to add the hookah, but oh well.

the fuck did i do? D:
    You know what I meant.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Lol I just went to the store, and when I got back I realized

It's the internet, and I really only post in the MJ and detroit threads along with a couple others now and again anyway
    image Photobucket
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Will =D>

Perfectly stated, until the weed of course
    Will =D>

Not weed, but thanks man :)

I really do care about all of you and this place.
    Thank you, Brian.

I was considering whether or not to add the hookah, but oh well.
    to be fair, not ALL of us have blown this out of proportion.

nice to see someone else who can speak logically about this though.
    Thank you Dayna. And yes, I am wrong in saying "everybody" but you know what I mean.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Will =D>

Not weed, but thanks man :)

I really do care about all of you and this place.
    I consider you a bro, even if you do make it easy to jump on every once in a while, know that whenever I give you shit, I give you shit wrapped in a shiny box, so call it a gift, because it's all I can afford.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer

the fuck did i do? D:
    You know what I meant.
    lolikno
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I have never seen so much fucking stupidity in one thread. Shane won this one for sure <_>
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    I have to break free from this culture of mechanical reproductions and the thick encrustations dying on the surface! 8-X