Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why do some people find Kesha attractive/all music mentioned in this thread sucks

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited March 2011
    im sure they could but id walk up and be 'who are these people?'
    meaning, if you saw them on the street you wouldnt know who they are
    at least i wouldnt
    most bands can do thank anyways. when i was watching Nile Maurizio of Ex Deo was just chilling near the front drinking a beer and no one even noticed him AFTER he had already been on stage.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yup, you do have bad tastes wake cause a lot of them are horrible, maiden being the worst.
    you heard it here first... Let me rephrase this for the rest of you.

"I HATE DEATH METAL" -Shane.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    but not bands like slipknot
    youd know that its them so thats why i think theyre bigger than their masks
    imageimage
    yup, you do have bad tastes wake cause a lot of them are horrible, maiden being the worst.

late to the party brotha, everyone already knows this
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep

Iron Maiden + Death Metal = Nothing
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    edited March 2011
    KISS has outsold all of the artists mentioned here, gimmick or not. They are absolutely one of the most successful bands in history. They opinions stated above are less than one millionth of a percentage point in the big picture. The rest of the world has voiced it's opinion on KISS by buying the records,t-shirts, tickets, and all the other shit that Gene Simmons has put a KISS logo on. That makes any opinion here moot.

Hate all you want, facts is facts.
    lol. You can't fault me for not knowing you. Just making it clear what you were saying... I'm not saying people have to like the tunes I like, but if I throw up a list like I did and someone says it sucks then they obviously hate DM.. because those are the best of the best in DM.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    alec all that worked for kiss cuz they were the first gimmick, thusly gaining them more popularity cuz gimmick bands were new back then. and the average american listens to shit music so kiss being popular through the years means nothing
    KISS has outsold all of the artists mentioned here, gimmick or not. They are absolutely one of the most successful bands in history. They opinions stated above are less than one millionth of a percentage point in the big picture. The rest of the world has voiced it's opinion on KISS by buying the records,t-shirts, tickets, and all the other shit that Gene Simmons has put a KISS logo on. That makes any opinion here moot.

Hate all you want, facts is facts.
    By that logic Mariah Carey >>>>>>>> KISS. FACT.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    alec all that worked for kiss cuz they were the first gimmick, thusly gaining them more popularity cuz gimmick bands were new back then. and the average american listens to shit music so kiss being popular through the years means nothing
    Because Kiss didn't steal their facepaint from Arthur Brown.
    True. The average American is so tone deaf that they are easily manipulated by MTV and the radio. If the radio and MTV didnt exist, bands like Distrubed would be nothing.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Isn't every band's success based on advertisement, though? Along with everything else?
    Kiss on a musical scale is like a 2.5/10 there are hundreds of bands that can actually write music that i would rather listen to
    Isn't every band's success based on advertisement, though? Along with everything else?
    no, not really
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    No argument, except that she's not contributed anything to my world.

By the same logic that would make the Beatles the best band in history then. With Madonna, Elvis, Michael Jackson, etc. in tow.
    KISS has survived 40 years. When The others have been around that long I'll entertain the idea that they are "better", but until then keep on hatin'.

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    no, not really
    Explain?

i would also like to add that wake is pretty shallow if a bands image interferes with him appreciating their music.

inb4 but you bash slipknot. i hate slipknots music so hating the gimmick goes along with it.
    Kiss on a musical scale is like a 2.5/10 there are hundreds of bands that can actually write music that i would rather listen to
    Nola is like yoda.
    no, not really
    Explain?

most of the artists i listen gain their popularity through there musically talent, steve earle and tom waits dont advertise but i still got to there music cuz there great artists
    i would also like to add that wake is pretty shallow if a bands image interferes with him appreciating their music.
    Have you really thought that comment through or are you just spouting off? What are other people's opinion of this comment? I'm not saying the comment is not true, but it is an interesting observation. maybe I am. Ill think about it.